Forum Topic

Nvidia Ada Lovelace: GeForce RTX 40-Series (No Trading/No Mentioning of Sellers)

• Starting a dedicated thread for this since the RTX 40-Series as already been officially announced.
  • May dedicated thread na for next-generation GPUs <click here for link>
  • May dedicated thread na for next-generation GPUs <click here for link>

IMO, better siguro na separate thread yung Nvidia sa AMD at Intel para mas focused yung discussions. Besides, the other thread has a lot of clickbait posts. At the and of the day, I understand that it will be the mods who will allow this thread to exist or not.

Back to topic:

Kamusta mga 4090 niyo. Sunog na ba. Lol

It's been almost a month since I got my 4090 and here are some of my observations:

Anyway, tested some games I have and I noticed some coil whine when framerates go 300+ fps. More so when the framerates are 500-1000 in the menus or with older games.

Also noticed that any kind of upscaling or frame generation is unnecessary with the 4090. In fact, I rather prefer traditional super sampling where the game is rendered at a higher resolution, then downscaled to the native resolution of the monitor as the resulting image quality is superior and makes better use of the graphical horsepower of the 4090.

I also noticed that on the average, an undervolted 4090 uses less power in gaming than my previous undervolted 3080Ti when frame capped to the max refresh rate of my monitor and does so while delivering way more performance. The new arch is efficient AF.

The full path tracing perf of the 4090 blew my mind when I tried out Quake II RTX at max settings at native resolution. 100+ FPS. With the 3080Ti, I had to lower the number of light bounces and enable dynamic resolution frame target to get to 60FPS. Similar story with Lego Builder's Journey.

*Screenshots taken in photo mode so the GPU utilization was 0 but gameplay framerates are about the same.
  • Besides, the other thread has a lot of clickbait posts.

You can say that again, The TS there sounds like a chinese spammer bot.
  • mas prefer ko dito, parang foreigner spammer yung TS dun sa isa e haha

mantakin mo, pinagsama both intel & amd cards, mejo magulo yun imho.

-- edited by gr8guy on Nov 14 2022, 02:48 PM
  • Cablemod 12vhpwr has arrived.

Default Nvidia Adapter still fine after more than 2 weeks of continous use. But prefer to use the cablemod cable.

Done Installing.

• up natin ito, nice!
  • @Odellot

Looks neat! How long did yours take to ship?
  • ^
    Thanks. Got it faster than I expected. Ordered on Oct. 30 arrived 3 days ago.
  • mas ganahan ko dire hhhe <3
  • Onga mas mukang legit to kesa dun sa isa HAHAH
  • IMO hindi nagme-make sense pricing ng 4080. Grabe yung Strix 4080 nasa 103k PHP. Ang kuha ko sa TUF 4090 is 112.3K
  • may nakita akong asus tuf 4080 65k, sa isang online shop. though di ko alam kung baka namali lang sila ng pricing,

mas ok na bang 3080 nalang for 5 years or more?,haha, kung 1440p gaming lang,casual gamer lang and more on
    AAA singeplayer games ang nilalaro, hindi ko din napapansin ang below 60fps.hehe
  • mas ok na bang 3080 nalang for 5 years or more?,haha, kung 1440p gaming lang,casual gamer lang

You'll be fine, I have an RTX 3060 Ti, Gaming on 1440p, Casual gamer lang din & i'm Pretty much satisfied. Yang 3080 pa kaya.

-- edited by Basco_Ta_Jolokia on Nov 16 2022, 07:52 PM
  • pag OK na siguro yung burn issue sa cables, will stick to a 3xxx most likely
  • You'll be fine, I have an RTX 3060 Ti, Gaming on 1440p, Casual gamer lang din & i'm Pretty much satisfied. Yang 3080 pa kaya.

noted sir, hehe.thanks thanks,hintayin ko nalang na bumaba pa 3080, nasa 50k prin nakikita ko eh.hehe
  • pag OK na siguro yung burn issue sa cables, will stick to a 3xxx most likely

issue ba to sa 3080 sir?.,di ako updated sa mga issues ng 3xxx series.hehe
  • ^I had my TUF 3080 for 2 years (Sept 2020 to Oct 2022). Never had any issues.
  • i mean for the 4xxx burn issues ^
  • ^^ thank you for the clarification sir, hehe, may nakita nga ako sa youtube regarding
    jan sa issue na yan,

sana din kung sakali ayusin ni nvidia pricing ng 4070 and other lower end gpus
  • yea kahit mid range swak sana ,up

• Watched the whole video from beginning to end without jumping to conclusions. Improperly inserted connector ang main culprit. User error is to blame for the most part but NV and PCIE SIG should redesign the connector para mas fool-proof.

According to Steve's sources from AIBs, the failure rates were only a measly 0.3-0.5% contrary to what we're lead to believe by certain youtubers and reddit.

Key takeaway is to ensure the adapter is fully inserted and latched and don't believe Igor and Jayz2cents. haha
  • Ako matagal na ako hindi nakakatapos ng 1 video ng mga youtubers pero yan kay GN, yan lang natapos ko in 1 sitting ng hindi finafast forward or skip sa ibang timeframe lol
  • When using the nvidia adapter on my Asus Tuf, Even if I inserted it correctly, I don't hear any clicks. Unlike the Cablemod Cable where there is a satisfying click to know you have completely inserted the cable.
  • Official statement from NV about the melting connectors:
    <click here for link>

We are actively investigating the reports. We are aware of about 50 cases globally.

Our findings to date suggest that a common issue is that connectors are not fully plugged into the graphics card. To help ensure the connector is secure we recommend plugging the power dongle into the graphics card first to ensure it’s firmly and evenly plugged in, before plugging the graphics card into the motherboard.

We are investigating additional ways to ensure that the connector is secure before powering on the graphics card.

NVIDIA and our partners are committed to supporting our customers and ensuring an expedited RMA process, regardless of the cable or card used.

GN’s report on this:

Mali pala sinabi ko sa previous post. It’s not 0.3-0.5% Actual failure rate is way lower at only 0.04% melted adapters from the total number of 4090’s sold so ibig sabihin, most users naman know how insert the connectors correctly. Still, IMO, dapat ma recall yung adapter ng Nvidia at palitan nila ng idiot-proof design yung male side ng connector which should be more secure tapos dapat mas prominent yung tactile feedback at mas audible yung click ng latching mechanism niya para iwas mistake on the part of the end user. Anyone, even experienced builders can make mistakes.

Nvidia said that they will still be honoring expedited RMAs even if the melting was caused by user error.

On my part, as a 4090 owner, I’m relieved that they finally got to the bottom of this fiasco. this knowledge gives me piece of mind that as long as the 12VHPWR connector is seated properly and latched securely, I shouldn’t really worry. Still, for the sake of tidying up the cable management, when I receive the free 600W 12VHPWR to 2x 8-pin cable from Seasonic, I’ll still use that one instead of the unwieldy adapter dongle that Nvidia provided.

Hay, early adapter problems (pun intended). haha

-- edited by MrBungle on Nov 18 2022, 05:20 PM

• Corsair advises not to use their own branded 12VHPWR cables with other PSU brands as they will not take responsibility for any incompatibility. They also explain that each of their PSU's 8-pin PCIE ports are rated for over 300W which is why they only need two 8-pins to deliver 600W with their cable instead of the four 8-pin on the 12VHPWR adapters.

I wonder if it's the same with Seasonic.
  • ^ hehe familiar ah, post lang dito master!
  • totoo bang pangit daw ng 4080 or 4070??
  • totoo bang pangit daw ng 4080 or 4070??

Pangit yung presyo ng 4080. Ok naman yung performance ng card, lalo na sa efficiency pero sobrang overpriced siya.

Halatang inuubos muna ng Nvidia at AIB partners yung excess inventory nila ng 30-Series cards. Sumobra inventory kasi dahil sa pandemic at crypto tapos biglang bumagsak yung demand. Pag paubos na siguro yung mga Ampere stock, saka na mag bababa ng presyo yung mga 40-series.

Dumating na yung libreng16-pin 12VHPWR cable na ni-request ko sa Seasonic. Ang ganda rin ng build quality.

LOL at the warning sticker:

• ^ ayun thank you sa inputs master