Forum Topic

Nvidia Ada Lovelace: GeForce RTX 40-Series (No Trading/No Mentioning of Sellers)

• mga boss ano po yung mga case niyo?

Using Phanteks Evolv X on my Asus RTX 4090 TUF.

• @MrBungle
    @Odellot
    Thank you po for the replies, I think Fractal D7XL or Meshify XL yung bagsak ko
  • Tempted ako sa 4090 kaya lang Ryzen 5600X CPU ko, bottleneck.
  • I don't know why but it seems it's harder for people to rationalize spending for a 4090 when during the shortage you would need to pay 4090 prices for a mere 3080.
  • ^ You have to realize, not everybody spent 4090 prices for a 3080. Back in 2020 I didn’t even spend 4080 money to buy my 3090. Also, back then we were all stuck at home. Now everything is opening up. People have more things to spend their money on, like travel, parties and other luxuries.
  • worth it ba yung 4070 at 40k++?
  • ^

Go buy a 2nd hand RTX 3080 at 30+k. You'll get 90% of its performance @ 10k less
  • RTX 3080 at 30+k. You'll get 90% of its performance @ 10k less

noted w/ much thanks sir!
  • ^

You're welcome . We need to teach these greedy companies that most customers are not stupid.

RTX 4000 series are the most stupidly priced products of this gen. Lahat ng reviewers are bashing nGreedia in the most gruesome way with their recent releases.

That RTX 3080 will carry you until RTX 5000, 6000, RX 8000, 9000 (AMD) comes.
  • Post deleted #12438211
  • if you are not into 4k gaming 4000 series is worthless...not a good buy + problem mo pa ung wattage nito need mo pa iupgrade PSU if you are using below 1000w para my headroom ang ibang upgrades mo... + ung case mo pa hehe daming need isipin pag mag upgrade ng 4000 series buti nalang kahit papano hindi ko maisipan iupgrade haha bbutasin ang bulsa sa daming component na need palitan bago maisalpak ung card. Beside im playing 1440p with my 3070, kahit 3090 hindi ako makakabili because of my PSU na 750w... :D

-- edited by Nixus123 on Jan 07 2023, 04:06 PM
  • waiting for 4060 ti
  • I stumbled across this thread in the Guru3D forums and apparently, the developer of MSI Afterburner has abandoned the GPU utility so any further updates will be unlikely. Now, it's uncertain if future GPUs will be properly supported. That really sucks.

<click here for link>
    Unwinder said: ?

War and politics are the reasons. I didn’t mention it in MSI Afterburner development news thread, but the project is semi abandoned by company during quite a long time already. Actually we’re approaching one year mark since the day when MSI stopped performing their obligations under Afterburner license agreement due to “politic situation”. I tried to continue performing my obligations and worked on the project on my own during the last 11 months, but it resulted in nothing but disappointment; I have a feeling that I’m just beating a dead horse and waste energy on something that is no longer needed by company. Anyway I’ll try to continue supporting it myself while I have some free time, but will probably need to drop it and switch to something else, allowing me to pay my bills.

On the bright side, at least it still works fine with the RTX 40-series.

edit:
    Russian pala yung developer na si Unwinder. Kaya pala sinabi niya na may war and political reasons.

-- edited by MrBungle on Jan 08 2023, 09:51 PM
  • Got a Palit RTX 4070Ti GamingPro for 49500.

-- edited by ps3kings on Jan 08 2023, 11:01 PM
  • ^

Still expensive for what it is but you do you.
  • I agree still expensive, but RTX3080 is still selling for 40+ brandnew so might as well get the newer card.
  • nabili ko yung RTX 4070 ti ko from V*v*c*m via l*z*d* for 52K. It's not cheap but it's better than the SRP Ngreedia ph website shows and is 9K less expensive than the 7900 xt. Yun latter sana gusto ko bilin but I figured, I need to change my CPU, mobo and RAM.

It's not much of the upgrade compared to my 3080 but it does consume less power and 10% performance uplift on rasterization isn't so bad.
  • Got a Palit RTX 4070Ti GamingPro for 49500.

nice price. parang 57k ang usual price no?

It's not much of the upgrade compared to my 3080 but it does consume less power and 10% performance uplift on rasterization isn't so bad.

Oh, I thought 4070ti is 33% better than 3080? I just got a brand new 3080 in December 2022 but I am bit frustrated that 4070ti was released less than a month after I got a 3080. So hindi worth it ang price difference of 13k between 3080 vs 40ti?

-- edited by lucas03 on Jan 09 2023, 08:10 PM
  • I got it sa Datablizz for that price.
  • Oh, I thought 4070ti is 33% better than 3080? I just got a brand new 3080 in December 2022 but I am bit frustrated that 4070ti was released less than a month after I got a 3080. So hindi worth it ang price difference of 13k between 3080 vs 40ti?

honestly, no. but more than 2 years old na rin kasi 3080 ko and I thought to myself, I should sell my 3080 while mataas pa 2nd hand market price nya.

kung brand new 3080 mo, you're gonna be just fine for a couple of years. Who knows, the RTX 5000 series "might" be reasonably priced at release. Right now, masyado overpriced ang 4080 and 4070 ti. dapat $700 lang 'tong 4070 ti tapos $800 - $850 ang 4080
  • There is something I noticed with the local pricing of the RTX 4070 ti... Aside from the usual US$100 "patong" from the US MSRP/SRP, there is now an additional US$100 "tongpats" for premium brands like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI with their various video card models. Expect to pay US$200+ more for these video cards compared to US prices. I guess even local distros/retailers still have that mining craze pricing hangover.

-- edited by chert1024akaMojo on Jan 10 2023, 04:37 PM
  • There is something I noticed with the local pricing of the RTX 4070 ti... Aside from the usual US$100 "patong" from the US MSRP/SRP, there is now an additional US$100 "tongpats" for premium brands like Asus, Gigabyte and MSI with their various video card models. Expect to pay US$200+ more for these video cards compared to US prices. I guess even local distros/retailers still have that mining craze pricing hangover.

Going over the conversations at reddit and other forums, actual retail prices in the US are also inflated over the MSRP kasi malaki din tongpats ng retailers doon sa manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) na recommended ng Nvidia. I've seen big online retailers (not third party scalpers) there selling 4090s around $2K. Founders Edition cards lang ata ang talagang yung sumusunod sa MSRP ng NV doon.

Tapos usually depending on the state, tax exclusive pa yun so it also adds on to the price. Tayo ang pricing dito 12% VAT inclusive na if I'm not mistaken.

Pero for sure, ang Asus, mas mababa ang pricing nila sa US kumpara sa rest of the world, hence yung tinatawag na "Asus Tax" kasi yung perception na "premium" global gaming brand sila. I think sa US, malaki ang market at matindi ang competition kaya hindi nila maitaas yung presyo nila masyado doon vs. other competing brands

-- edited by MrBungle on Jan 10 2023, 07:18 PM
  • <click here for link>

eto talaga masakit sa bulsa e :(
  • how are the prices come 2023 sirs? bumababa din ba like the lower end models?
  • mga master,

for future proofing, ano po mas ok? 4070 at 38k or 4070ti at 52k,hehe
    and yung price difference ba eh sakto lang na pangcompensate sa performance.hehe
  • ^both will saturate that 12GB in the future, sana matauhan nvidia maglabas ng 16GB or more Super variant :V
    4070 sana kunin ko pero hinayang pa din ako
  • Honestly habol ko is yung 4070. Swak na swak ang efficiency pag dating sa power. Nagkataon lang siguro na madaming unoptimized games na lumalabas (like TLOU and Hogwarts), hence the VRAM issue. Hindi kaya masyado nabloblown out of proportion yung issue? Yes may point na din for future proofing since a lot are expecting na baka ito na maging trend sa mga next AAA games, but for most games that I play sa 3070 wala naman akong any major hiccups na naeencounter.

I do have both the 6700xt and a 3070 and both are fine.

-- edited by Boinkeru on Apr 18 2023, 12:50 AM
  • ^ kaya napasali ako dito minsan sinisinok na 3080 ko. ano kaya reason :( pubg dota 2 minsan may stuttering or fps drop
    specs
    5950x
    32gb

naka lcs din ako.