Forum Topic

Nvidia Ada Lovelace: GeForce RTX 40-Series (No Trading/No Mentioning of Sellers)

• ^Have you checked yung stats sa RTSS/afterburner if the usages are normal? RAM/VRAM/CPU?
    Hindi kaya driver issue lang? Have you tried doing DDU and rolling back to an earlier driver?

I think wala naman VRAM issue for the 3080 as 10GB is big enough. I'm on the latest nvidia drivers naman and no issues naman here. Although I do like to point out that I'm not playing any recent AAA games.
  • ^playing tropico 6 nakaka experience ako ng lag.
  • @ViperXtreme
    ^both will saturate that 12GB in the future, sana matauhan nvidia maglabas ng 16GB or more Super variant :V
    4070 sana kunin ko pero hinayang pa din ako

Thanks sir, still using gtx1660super.hehe, looking at 3070ti kasi kaso halos mgkapresyo sila ng 4070, may nakita kong 37k na 4070 pero zotac,
  • Good news. MSI afterburner is NOT dead. The developer has updated it to work well on 40 series and 7000 series Gpus. Oh, ya pati 13th gen intel inupdate.
  • Yung 4090 lang yung worth it to buy - if you have money to burn and even then it's still overpriced for what it is. The rest of the release are trash (4080, 4070ti, 4070), performance per dollar is none existent as Nvidia is offering much less than what you pay.

Better get a 2nd hand 3000 series card or the 6000 series from AMD.

If you want to be legally scalped by Nvidia and the retailers here in the Philippines, then go ahead and be part of the problem.

It's important to do a thorough research if really value your hard earned cash.

• I already knew na magiging bulok ang 4070 after the lackluster performance/dollar ng 4080 and 4070Ti. Parang gusto ata ng Nvidia lagyan ng Super variant yung 4000 series XD.

Glad wala masyado bumibili ng 4070 sa ibang bansa. I wonder if it's the same here XD

-- edited by RyuzakiL on Apr 21 2023, 09:13 PM
  • ^Pababa naman na prices sa US for this card in particular. I think this will still go lower in the coming months. Excited pa din ako on what this card means sa SFF community. Imagine putting something like this on an S4 mini and its like having a console na :)
  • Kahit way back in 2020, na nag completely new build ako ng Ryzen 5000 series, and RTX 3070 ang target ko, nag alangan ako buti di ako kumagat, kasi hinayang na ako noon na naka 8GB GTX 1070 ako that time (hanggang ngayon) tapos 8GB pa din RTX 3070. I learned from previous gen na pag me new gen consoles (2020 din lumabas PS5 and XSX) mag radically shift ang focus ng devs sa new hardware and it's happening now, pasimula pa lang mga wave ng hogwarts, RE4 etc na malakas mag allocate ng vram.
  • Kahit way back in 2020, na nag completely new build ako ng Ryzen 5000 series, and RTX 3070 ang target ko, nag alangan ako buti di ako kumagat, kasi hinayang na ako noon na naka 8GB GTX 1070 ako that time (hanggang ngayon) tapos 8GB pa din RTX 3070. I learned from previous gen na pag me new gen consoles (2020 din lumabas PS5 and XSX) mag radically shift ang focus ng devs sa new hardware and it's happening now, pasimula pa lang mga wave ng hogwarts, RE4 etc na malakas mag allocate ng vram.

yep, devs now will target 4k textures since ps5/series x are capable of handling those now.
  • Kapos na yan 8GB VRAM. This screenshot of mine taken 3 yrs ago noong kalalabas ng HZD port for PC. This is just 1080p with max settings. Check the VRAM usage.

-- edited by BCFreeman on Apr 22 2023, 06:10 PM
  • Immortals of Aveum System Requirements.
    Minimum 8GB 5700XT/2080
    Looking at other specs, it's rough equivalent of the CPU and GPU of the current Gen PS5 and XSX, though honestly, the game doesn't look that much impressive despite being an UE5 game

• Looking at other specs, it's rough equivalent of the CPU and GPU of the current Gen PS5 and XSX, though honestly, the game doesn't look that much impressive despite being an UE5 game

5700xt = rdna 1 upto 8gb vram, Series X / PS5 = rdna 2 + upto 13gb vram. plus consoles have different architecture like hardware decompression that gives a lot of CPU headroom which PC won't be able to take advantage of, like TLOU PC Port that uses really high textures and its taking a performance hit by a lot.

-- edited by clampzy on Apr 22 2023, 07:59 PM
  • ^kaya nga roughly equivalent nga lang sinabi ko hehe, since way back in 2020 kakalabas pa lang ng 6000 series and mas common and RDNA1 at that time as well as the Turing series and i was talking about Immortals of Aveum in particular

-- edited by ViperXtreme on Apr 22 2023, 08:25 PM
  • Does TLOU have direct storage? or if not, will it help if high textures ang isa sa mga issue.
  • ^heaven't heard about the game having it, these days dapat unti unti na din itong giangamit, recently lang pati HDD binigyan na din ng direct storage benefits.
  • Does TLOU have direct storage? or if not, will it help if high textures ang isa sa mga issue.

As of Now, Forspoken pa lang ang may Direct Storage Support. Done benchmark recently on my system.

• Diablo 4 me direct storage hehe
  • Thanks guys, may perceivable difference ba or anything?
  • Guys may PNY 4070 verto kanina sa Amazon for 549, di ko lang macheckout kanina nagfefail baka madami bots. Goods na to no? Abangan ko this week if ever meron ulit, sayang.
  • why do I get the feeling they're gona come up with a 4070 with a 14-16GB variant.
  • Guys may PNY 4070 verto kanina sa Amazon for 549, di ko lang macheckout kanina nagfefail baka madami bots. Goods na to no? Abangan ko this week if ever meron ulit, sayang.

with taxes/shipping how much yan sa doorstep mo here sa PH
  • @budgetgadget:
    Nasa speculation na yan dati, llo nung nag teardown, naka arrange yung mga memory modules and pwede mag occupy up to 16GB
    https://videocardz.com/newz/gigabyte-lists-geforce-rtx-4070-graphics-cards-with-10-12-and-16gb-memory
  • with taxes/shipping how much yan sa doorstep mo here sa PH

No taxes na if I use a forwarder. May nabasa ako post here depending on the size of the card (since this is small) around 2.5-3k depending on the forwarder's rate. LBC should be the cheapest one probably, may portland warehouse na din sila so no sales tax as well so if papalarin mga 33-34k siguro total damage.

I'm thinking for this particular card, I'll put it on the S4 mini case. Kasyang kasya to probably and kaya na to kahit 300w lang PSU ko for that case.
  • ^not worth it IMHO.

The MSI ventus 2x 4070 sa "Lasagna" is only 38.1k. If magwait ka sa 5-5 or if may cashback vouchers ka pa, you can get it lower. Lets say sa cashback voucher you can get it now at 37k~. 3k na lang halos difference pag bumili ka sa dun compared sa Amazon, tapos wala ka pang warranty dun, dito Lasagna Mall meron. Kahit 4k pa difference, yung 4k na yun is for peace of mind. Or better yet, maghintay ka na lang na bumaba pa lalo yung price if target mo talaga sya at that price range. If you still have a card, then wait mo ka na lang muna.

Ako kasi I bought my 7900xtx galing amazon and ngayon pinagsisisihan ko na, sana naghintay na lang ako. Don't be like me.

-- edited by Advali on Apr 23 2023, 11:36 PM
  • Stupid question: without necessarily naming names, are there stores in PH that sell FE cards?
  • Any thought on the 4060's? Worth upgrade if naka 3070?
  • will wait for the 4060 16gb. currently using 3060 12gb.
  • Interesting findings by digitalfoundry. VRAM utilization in newer games are just broken which is what I thought all along. Certain influential techtubers using buggy new games to push the MOAR VRAM agenda is something I found off-putting as it seemingly tries to convince gamers to buy new and more expensive cards or one brand over the other while ignoring the other merits or making you regret choosing your current card.

Don't feel bad if you're still on 8GB. Just wait for the game fixes/patches to come out and adjust texture and resolution settings appropriate to your card. Tweaking settings to optimize for your hardware has always been the nature of PC gaming ever since right? While more VRAM is always welcome, it's the responsibility of game devs to make their games scalable to the wide variety of PC hardware out there.

-- edited by MrBungle on May 20 2023, 10:12 PM

• Basically RTX 3070 > 4060 Ti > 3060 Ti

-- edited by BCFreeman on May 23 2023, 03:36 PM