Forum Topic

TPC Linux Thread | Queries | Answers | Whatnot

• ang tagal ko ng naghahanap nyan boss RR, hehe! thanks for sharing, mabuhay ka! \m/

• <click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • Epic is open to integrating Proton / Wine to the Epic Launcher. Willing to pay a Linux programmer.

<click here for link>
  • playing the classic WarCraft II via DOSBox on Fedora29 -

• Dun sa mga naghahanap ng wireless device para sa HTPC / SFF gaming PC, ok yung Logitech K400 at Logitech F710. They work out of the box on Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS. No need to mess around with the Terminal.

Logitech K400 has a touchpad, di na kailangan ng mouse.

Logitech F710 has good compatibility with native Linux games and Steam Proton games.
  • ^ +1 sa Logitech F710. it works OK on my Debian and Fedora install, no additional drivers required. working din sa Android phone / tab using OTG.

• <click here for link>
  • Starcraft II with Lutris? That's enticing :)
  • Linux Still Yields Better Multi-Threaded Performance On AMD Threadripper Against Windows 10 May 2019 Update
    <click here for link>

Windows 10 Version 1903 is offering some minor performance advantages over Windows 10 Version 1809, but in multi-threaded workloads particularly (Ubuntu) Linux continues offering much better performance than Windows. I'm in the process still of running similar tests on the Intel side for seeing if the performance improvements with 1903 are generic or AMD/Zen specific, among other forthcoming benchmarks.

• My USB devices.... btw I don’t use Arch (I use Fedora)

The arch one has the highest capacity (16GB) while the pythons have 8GB each, and the git has 1MB (yes, 1MB).

Eventually I want to use the arch USB for multi boot (WIN7/WIN10/WINPE/Fedora/Debian/CentOS). Reading guides on how to do it and eventually give it a go.

The git USB (1MB) I use it for my authentication. It locks the screen when I remove it and it unlocks once I plug it back in. It works via pamusb.

And lastly the 2 pythons are my regular throwaway storage devices.
  • Saan mo nakuha
  • ^
    - generic USB flash drives from ebay (replaced the insides with Kingstons)
    - unixstickers from sticker mule
  • Nice buti hindi nasira yung usb

• <click here for link>

<click here for link>

• <click here for link>
  • Hosting My Own KMS Server and Creating BIND DNS Records for Streamlined Windows and Office Activation

<click here for link>
  • Anong Distro at RADIUS app po for Linux ang madaling gamitin na pwedeng ipamalit sa NPS ng Microsoft?
  • System76 Thelio with Ryzen 7 2700X and GeForce RTX 2070

Linux vs. Windows gaming and productivity benchmarks start around 4:02 <click here for link>

• currently i'm using ZorinOs 15:

<click here for link>

Site: <click here for link>
  • ^ Nice. I thought you're not using Linux anymore.

I used to use ZorinOS due to its aesthetics but it's behind in terms of default kernel and default Mesa.

• <click here for link>
  • Dual boot as always bro, hehe!
  • I love OpenWRT (Linux distribution for routers). Whenever I buy routers I make sure they are compatible with OpenWRT. I have several OpenWRT routers I got for cheap from thrift stores and my latest escapade is configuring VPN at the router level.
    This are the steps I did to make Windscribe VPN work on my OpenWRT WDR3600 router.

<click here for link>
  • i bought Newifi mini Y1 (R6830) from ebay. Very friendly to all open source firmware
  • Anyone here tried the Raspberry Pi 4 ?
  • Anyone here tried the Raspberry Pi 4 ?

is this already available here in the PH?
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Linux Performance
    <click here for link>

Now that the RdRand/systemd issue has been resolved by new BIOS releases, there aren't any Ryzen 3000 series CPU problems to note for Linux users. Like our testing with the Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 9 3900X, the Linux support and performance is in good standing with this Ryzen 5 3600X mid-range processor. The Ryzen 5 3600X has been running the past two weeks without any issues under Ubuntu 19.04 as well as the likes of Fedora 30.