Forum Topic

PLDT Home DSL Plan 999 Xperience Plan (See page 583 for FAQ, any topic leading to piracy is not allowed.)

• mejo semi-in topic since regarding wifi, nakaka baog daw pag babad sa wifi?

<click here for link>
  • ^

nope. kung takot ka na masama sa kalusugan ung wifi, dapat mas takot ka pa sa signal ng cellphone.
  • ^ ah okay, cge copy sir. nag worry lang kasi nasa pc table mismo yung modem, tapos all day naka On sya. malapit din sa sala at dining table, baka di na sundan si kumander ng bunso lol

thank you sir!
  • ^

Kahit nga kapitbahay mo ung celltower walang mangyayari sayo (pero maganda signal ng wifi/LTE mo hahahah). Maraming research and studies na ginawa at halos lahat nagsasabi na walang health risks ung cellphone signal / 5G / wifi.
  • hello TPC, question lang regarding sa modem na p600 nasira kasi sya possible ba na ireplace ko sya ng ibang model pero pldt din gagana pa din kaya sya? ang hirap kasi ng support sa PLDT e. TIA
  • hello TPC, question lang regarding sa modem na p600 nasira kasi sya possible ba na ireplace ko sya ng ibang model pero pldt din gagana pa din kaya sya? ang hirap kasi ng support sa PLDT e. TIA

yes pwede since DSL naman yan.
  • pede ibang modem gamit ko sa akin noon ung tplink configure ko lang gamit ujg sinama ninseller na guide.
  • Question for any DSL subscriber.

Why are you still on DSL?
  • Do you live in a neighbourhood, condo, apartment, village, Barangay, home owner's association without fiber? If you want it do the following.

Write to your Home Owner's Association (HOA) or Barangay why there are no fiber ISPs in your area.

When they approve of fiber ISP to provide service there invite fiber ISPs like PLDT, Globe, Converge and Sky to roll out service in your area.

Odds are red tape or tamad lang ang HOA/Barangay as to why walang fiber.

To prove to the fiber ISP & HOA that fiber has demand in your neighborhood then do a signature drive/petition among your neighbors who want the service as proof.

Info should be as follows

1) Name of home owner
    2) Install address of home owner
    3) Contact # of home owner
    4) Signature of home owner
  • Do you want to improve the wifi & LAN performance of your DSL connection to maximize your Mbps?

Buy a 3rd party wifi router, like the TP-Link Archer AX50 AX3000 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router, and request for "bridge mode" for your fiber modem from your ISP.

This offloads the NAT, wifi & LAN functions of the modem/ONU onto the 3rd party wifi router.
  • Do you want to improve the wifi & LAN performance of your DSL connection to maximize your Mbps?

Buy a 3rd party wifi router, like the TP-Link Archer AX50 AX3000 Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router, and request for "bridge mode" for your fiber modem from your ISP.

This offloads the NAT, wifi & LAN functions of the modem/ONU onto the 3rd party wifi router.
  • Your ISP, telco or carrier does not want you to do are the following after contract is done

- Mobile Number Portability (MNP) to the rival network
    - Downgrade to the same Mbps they increased your plan from
    - Terminate service
    - Switch service

When you indicate any of these things you can get a bette deal for less money.

This is ideal with subscribers who pay be deadline.
  • These are the consumer-grade 3rd party routers I'd recommend if you want the best experience

This was compiled because I've received a number of questions on what to buy. Pls use Google for latest pricing and tech specs.

- https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/RT6600ax

- https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-axe16000-model/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax50/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a7/

- https://store.amplifi.com/collections/all/afi-r-ps-us

- https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-Gaming-Routers/RT-AX86U/

- https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-Gaming-Routers/RT-AX88U/

- https://amplifi.com/qsg/AFi-ALN-R/AFi-ALN-R_EN.html

- https://www.asus.com/ph/Networking-IoT-Servers/Whole-Home-Mesh-WiFi-System/AiMesh-WiFi-Routers-and-Systems/AiMesh-AX6100-WiFi-System-RT-AX92U-2-Pack/

- https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AX1800S/

- https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/rbk50/
  • My picks for sub-3k wifi routers. Kindly Google price & tech specs. Pls feel free to share your personal picks as well. :-)

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a7/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr902ac/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr841n/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr802n/

- https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr940n/

- https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/WiFi-Routers/ASUS-WiFi-Routers/RT-AC1200-V2/

- https://www.linksys.com/qa/wireless-routers/linksys-e2500-n600-dual-band-wifi-router/p/p-e2500/
  • To Fiber PLDT subscribers, what is your experience to PLDT's Fibr internet? Bad, Good, want to change to a different ISP or you still want to stay with PLDT?
  • To Fiber PLDT subscribers, what is your experience to PLDT's Fibr internet? Bad, Good, want to change to a different ISP or you still want to stay with PLDT?

pldt subscriber ever since year 2000, DSL 256 kbps lang noon plan 999

now on legacy fibr 1299, and lumipat back to probinsya from manila. Legacy means out of stock, not availble anymore pero since yan ang contract ko they have to keep supplying it. AFAIK cheapest plan is 1699

reliability = 5 stars, bihira mag down
    customer service = 3.5 stars
    speed = 4 stars, official 20 mbps is good enough for me and I can get over that usually

overall 4.5 stars if you dont need that fast internet, say over 50mbps

if you really want cheapest unli internet, but ewan ang reliability or availability, you can try DITO fiber plan 799. Fiber not sim card. Only avaialble in NCR ata

Or gomo unli but limited yun to 5mbps and not always available

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 06 2022, 07:46 PM
  • if you really want cheapest unli internet, but ewan ang reliability or availability, you can try DITO fiber plan 799. Fiber not sim card. Only avaialble in NCR ata

DITO is not offering fixed broadband services (yet). The website "ditofibrplans.com" has nothing to do with them and is a clickbait blog site.
  • DITO is not offering fixed broadband services (yet). The website "ditofibrplans.com" has nothing to do with them and is a clickbait blog site.

ow na pake news ako

ty
  • @PC_ComponentsAssembler

> To Fiber PLDT subscribers, what is your experience to PLDT's Fibr internet? Bad, Good, want to change to a different ISP or you still want to stay with PLDT?

Quality of service varies from street to street, barangay to barangay, etc.

Odds are if your neighborhood's fiber is freshly laid out then the ISP will be good
  • AmalgamvsAloof & filipinX

What is GOMO? Sounds like low quality, slow and a so so internet, I am lazy to research it so never mind my question.

I've had a few bad experiences with P.L.D.T lately and last year being an ALMOST THIRTY YEARS ALMOST THREE DECADES SUBSCRIBER! Last year was their first service to us that was soooooooooooooooooooo MISERABLE! This is the reason why I asked that short question above!

Let me tell you my few bad experiences with P.L.D.T that I never experienced from the mid 90's starting in 1994, 2000's and the last decade of 2010's. Before we had 2 telephones. We had our first one first quarter of 1994 then our second one came in the mid year of 1996. The second telephone was the one we applied for for DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) but before this, my very first internet was a free trial of dial-up internet. A free trial of 1000 minutes that suddenly became a monthly payment named PLDT Vibe but was cut short so from unlimited dial-up only became a pre-paid card dial-up internet. I was using Reality, Zoom, PLDT Vibe and other pre-paid internet cards that time. I still remember those pre-paid game cards of Ragnarok sold alongside those dial-up internet pre-paid cards.

Come 2011 we HAD OUR FIRST KUNG-HEI FAT CHOI CHINESE HAPPY NEW YEAR RED DSL MODEM P.L.D.T MyDSL 1MB Plan but because my Papa was working in P.L.D.T that time it magically climb up to 4MBPS and my internet speed remained that fast for 7 years until P.L.D.T Fibr Internet arrived so it went down to the original subscription plan to 1MB until last 2019 we officially had and experienced our first P.L.D.T Fibr Internet of 100MB but to save money our first telephone that never had an internet was cut of service exactly in 25 years of service to us!!!!!!! Only this second telephone MY TELEPHONE received other services offered by P.L.D.T like call waiting, IDD international direct dial service and caller ID. We almost had the 3 way, call forwarding and speed dialing activated in the late 90's when it was the hottest trend in telephones. It also had a never ending free service no additional in our monthly bill every time you call to SMART no matter how long you talk to the person you like to call its only P10 per call. Until now this free service is activated in my telephone.

Why did I said these good times? From 1994 until 2019, until we had our first internet, we hardly experienced problems from P.L.D.T's services. If something needs to be repaired like there is static noise in the telephone once you picked it up and put it on your ears or no dial tone or the line suddenly was cut because someone STOLE THE CABLE HIGH UP ON THE POST A THIEEEEEEF, just one report call to P.L.D.T and tomorrow they will arrive to fix and repair the problem. We rarely experience these problems. Just dial their hotline they will arrive quick. Even if you need your telephone to be replaced it is still a quick service, in under 2 weeks you will have a new telephone if your telephone malfunctions and you surrender to them your old faulty telephone.

AmalgamvsAloof & filipinX with your reasons, it sounds like into this day, P.L.D.T have good services in your area while for me P.L.D.T is almost "GOOD AS DEAD"!!!!!!! I will take your words they have good services depending in the area of their service. In my location, their service is bad, REALLY BAD! Their first bad service was like I said some of our experience problems above, once we call them, they will arrive like 3 to 5 days sometimes after a week once you make a call about your complaint! MAN, SO FAR FROM HOW THEY HANDLE THEIR CUSTOMERS BEFORE! Once their technician arrives let's say, that technician is a newly hired technician and is not as skilled compared to the OLD TIMERS WHOM P.L.D.T fired to forced retirement! So in this thing they already failed! They want a lot of old timers to retire I am not going into much more details. So the new ones sometimes do not do the work properly or they do not arrive at all because they are LAZY WORKERS!

And now this is our worst experience that P.L.D.T never did to us! Read properly!

Last year we continued experiencing this but if I remember correctly this started around the month of October 2020. Before, P.L.D.T will send you a paper bill/receipt of how much you will pay for the month of lets say January to February until internet came they stopped sending those paper bills on a sealed white enveloped and they just send it on your electronic mail. They send your bill to you to notify how much you pay ALWAYS EVERY SECOND WEEK OF THE MONTH from dates 10th to 14th of the month. Now, starting 2020 they always ask for your payment sending your bill to you EVERY FIRST WEEK OF THE MONTH FROM DATES 3RD TO 6TH OF THE MONTH! Here is where it goes insulting! Too quick to ask for the payment but P.L.D.T's services now a days IS A TOTAL GARBAGE! For example the bill is mailed to me in my electronic mail in the 3rd day of the month asking us to pay immediately. The insulting part is if you do not pay after 2 days JUST 2 DAYS they will suddenly cut your internet, FORCING YOU TO PAY AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE! But just last week you paid for your bill last month and WHAT DAAAAAAAAAAAAA it is only the first week of the month and the dead line of the payment is still almost three weeks away! P.L.D.T DID THIS TO US FOR ALMOST SIX TIMES. They never did this to us even during the Digital Subscribers Line DSL days. Sometimes even our telephone line was cut so we have no other option but to visit their office and release our anger towards their GARBAGE SERVICE as their subscriber for almost THREE DECADES SINCE THE MID 90'S! Starting September 2021 until now this month of July 2022 for almost a year now, we did not experience this treatment. But based on my story it was a BIG DISTURBANCE to my INTERNET WORK having your internet connection cut while you need to finish your work! Even our neighbors and near by areas if I have the chance to talk to some of them they experience the same thing but others have a much worst experience just telling P.L.D.T to cut their telephones and internet subscribing to either sky broad band, Globe or Converge. The subscriber base of P.L.D.T is evident if you will look at their telephone directories. During the 80's, 90's, 2000's until mid 2010's you can go to their business office to get a few telephone directories for residential, business and directory for numbers of companies. But starting 2016, the separate directory for companies, residential and business is now joined in one thin telephone directory. BEFORE THEIR DIRECTORIES YEARLY ARE MORE THAN 2 INCHES THICK now their all together combined directory that was separate before is just AN INCH THIN! Significantly thinner and smaller than the yester years directories that they give away. This shows how much of a SIGNIFICANTL LOSS OF CUSTOMERS they lost by only looking at their NEW AND DOWNGRADED POOR TELEPHONE DIRECTORY! We did not even get a 2021 and 2022 telephone directory. Maybe P.L.D.T is now more stingy with their money not even bothering to send to their subscribers their FREE TELEPHONE DIRECTORY! Saving money for printing directories and paper bills.

Hoping that we will not experience this kind of GARBAGE SERVICE all through out because I am planning to have a faster Fibr Internet of 600 MBPS by December if they have a line for this in my location! The faster the internet is the better BECAUSE I AM A DOWNLOADER, maintaining a small website and also uploading videos in YouTube and sharing my various files to people who shares the same interest like me. I always connect the cable to my High-End PC as I use my internet because you will fully reach the internet speed that you subscribed for. I do not use much of the wireless internet because I just use the internet in one place where I put my PC doing all my work and fun time. I do not prefer using the Wi-Fi using the internet in different parts of the house JUST NOT MY STYLE! If they continue their normal poor service but continue to improve and never treat us bad again I will upgrade to 600 MBPS!

if you really want cheapest unli internet, but ewan ang reliability or availability, you can try DITO fiber plan 799. Fiber not sim card. Only avaialble in NCR ata

DITO is not offering fixed broadband services (yet). The website "ditofibrplans.com" has nothing to do with them and is a clickbait blog site.

AmalgamvsAloof, the DITO Fiber is not really a fake news. I am in constant communication with them because we do business with each other. They are now putting a long high post in each of their TOWERS. That new High Post is where they will let pass through the Fiber Internet to serve the community where they built their telecommunication towers. It is non-operational at this moment but expect them to have Fiber Internet subscription by Second Quarter until December 2023.

Alpha_One, if the news said they are offering it now THEN IT IS FAKE NEWS! But if the news said that DITO will have a Fiber Internet service in the future possibly next year 2023 then this is not fake news. They are constructing their Fiber Internet fast for more subscribers and faster internet service. I hope DITO will also offer Telephone. As I do business with them, they might add a cheap telephone subscription by early 2024 because a lot of companies and businesses are still using Telephones in this age of Cellular Phones.
  • AmalgamvsAloof & filipinX

It made me feel a bit comfortable to know from the two of you that at least P.L.D.T still have good customer service in some particular areas of the Philippines. Based on my story until now their service in my location is UTTER GARBAGE!
  • What is GOMO? Sounds like low quality, slow and a so so internet, I am lazy to research it so never mind my question

I use it. It is great

It is essentially a company that buys bulk data bandwidth from Globe and sells it back at a discount. If you do not use a lot of internet, then it is great.

299 pesos for 30 gig, expires in 1 year. Well actually the sim expires, the data has no expiry and the data rolls over. So for practical purposes it is 1 year.

since it uses Globe cell towers and frequencies, if globe cellular intenet is slow in your area so will gomo.

GOMO thread
    <click here for link>

Imagine if you only use 10 gigs a month, thats 100 pesos a month only

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 12 2022, 07:06 AM
  • Dito and Smart also has no expiry/1 year expiry data offers. Smar's is called magic data, Dito's is called 365 Days Advance Pay

Smart is the most expensive of the three, DITO is cheapest per gig and on top it has unlitext and call minutes to all networks.

I only found out about it last week. But 30 gig can last me 5 months so maliit lang ang savings if I go to dito

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 12 2022, 07:14 AM

Could you do a TL:DR on your post? It's like a wall of text of rage.

Strip off the emotions and bullet point the salient points?

-- edited by filipinX on Jul 12 2022, 07:55 AM
  • filipinX

No............................

AmalgamvsAloof

Thank you for your kind information. So GOMO is from Globe.

You said if the Plan 1,699 of PLDT really does gives you the speed it promises at 50MB then going for the upgrade 3,799 600MB, PLDT will also give me my subscribed internet speed?

You need to chill.

You can upgrade a PLDT Home

- landline-only
    - landline+DSL

to PLDT Home landline+fiber while retaining same landline #.

This saves you the extra 700/mo to maintain the old landline #.

If you're using your landline for a registered micro business then you can have it moved to a PLDT Asenso Plan. Resibo can be used as a recurring tax deductible expense.

When you upgrade they tend to roll out

- new fiber cable
    - new fiber modem
    - new landline handset

This improves the reliability of service & quality of service

To expedite upgrade provide PLDT with

- Account name
    - Account #
    - Landline #
    - Billing Address
    - GPS coordinates of Billing Address to expedite install

If you do not want to deal with PLDT anymore then my alternatives would be Globe or Converge provide them with

- Applicant's name
    - Billing Address
    - GPS coordinates of Billing Address to expedite install
    - landline/mobile #
    - email address

Both of them offer 800Mbps at 3500/mo. Globe adds ~20% speed boost for near 1Gbps throughput and landline service.

But to be honest for 99% of all people the 1.5k/mo plan from PLDT/Globe/Converge is more than sufficient. If you find it too slow then upgrade it within contract.

Fiber will always be superior in terms of latency & consistency of service.

I'd only use GOMO as a backup 5G data SIM.

-- edited by filipinX on Jul 12 2022, 11:18 AM
  • @gr8guy

> mejo semi-in topic since regarding wifi, nakaka baog daw pag babad sa wifi?

Personally... I wish it was true for those before they turn 25 para walang mabuntis bago makatapos ng kolehiyo/vokasyonal & immediately after their 1st born for couples that earn less than

- 42k/mo
    - 21k/mo
    - 10.5k/mo
    - 5.25k/mo

-- edited by filipinX on Jul 12 2022, 12:21 PM
  • filipinX

You do not need to accept my long post and some of my words like I am still angry until now. I just said our experience as a family. Do not take it negatively. I am calm you know.

Wow that is cool information from you telling me how to apply!

FIBERX 3500 from Converge seems tempting at 800 MBPS plus it is P300 cheaper than P.L.D.T's 600 MBPs. Their speed at this price will go faster sooner. I hope it also gets a few hundreds cheaper. GFiber Unli Plan 3499 from Globe is also tempting but I am not sure if they really give you the fast Internet Speed they promise. This reasoning is based on my area. My main choice was Converge Since 2018 but they do not have telephone. I looked at Globe because we still need a Telephone. We should admit that sometimes we need to use a Telephone so this option choosing Globe is still top priority but I am not sure about their internet speed and if their Telephone line is good in my area. Last 3rd choice is Sky Broad Band 200Mbps for our large format Television, this will be my plan for my back up internet. If my PLDT, Globe or Converge in the future will run into problems using it by cable then I will use the Sky Broad Band for via Wi-Fi for temporary internet. There are times that my Family uses Internet on the TV and I also surf the internet on the Television when I want to watch or read something on a bigger screen.

Yes yes Fiber Internet is totally the superior internet compared to D.S.L if we talk about latency. Service that is questionable because it depends on the company how they handle their business, this could be a no or yes answer.

About my Internet Connection with P.L.D.T, I am a 50MB subscriber man that is too slow for me. If you have red my long post above every paragraph and sentence, I said I am a downloader. I download many things different things. I have TONS OF HDDs to store different kinds of DATA. And sometimes I do share to people what I have so it means I am also an uploader as well. I upload it for them to Direct Download or I SEED A FEW OF MY FILES FOR TORRENT DOWNLOADS. Luckily I have many people on my side helping it seed for me. Now you understand that INTERNET SPEED is what I really need. I am planning to be a streamer and uploading my Sketch Up work for profit in the future just a plan for now and sometimes I connect multiple electronic devices to our Fiber including our large format Television in the living room so a fast internet speed is a must.
  • @PC_ComponentsAssembler May nabasa ako sa ibang threads na mas practical na tanungin mo 'yung kapitbahay niyo kung gaano ka-reliable ang isang ISP sa isang area. To reference one post in particular:

Quality of Service (QoS) of ISP/telcos varies from street to street, barangay to barangay, town to town, city to city and region to region.

So the best person to ask if ISP/telco is "ok ba" is to ask your neighbor and not on TipidPC.

<click here for link>

1)

I agree with @dvdpotter said. Best to ask your next door neighbor what fiber ISP they use and if they're happy with their performance. You may even ask to run a https://www.speedtest.net/ on their connection to verify.

2)

The request was made to help others who may want to help you resolve your technical concerns as quickly and directly as possible without having to wade through the emotional outbursts in terms of bold, underline, italic, CAPS and obsolete acronyms.

Upon you refusal I just blindly gave bullet points on how to efficiently migrate from PLDT landline or DSL to

- PLDT fiber with landline
    - Other fiber ISPs

You last reply is the ideal max length to respect other's people's time.

I'd prioritize the services of PLDT, Globe & Converge in that order. Other ISPs I'd only consider once all 3 fiber ISPs are not viable. Quality & reliability of service diminishes the smaller the players are.

3)

Below is for the purpose of education & to respect this forum's no piracy talk policy. This not in anyway condoning your online behavior or to offend.

I used to be a data hoarder but about a decade I realized that as a seeder no one was paying for my or my relative's

- time
    - power
    - bandwidth
    - hardware

Ok sana ang cryptomining as the financial returns used to be good.

In the more than 2 decades of doing this I also notice that those video downloads I hoard would be watched at most 1x and not watch them ever again until a remastered higher res & higher bitrate comes out.

Reason is that my time is better spent doing more socially fulfilling in-person social interactions. Yes, it's such a normie thing to say but it is nice cooking for friends and family.

Same with audio where in I can just stream em from spotify or apple podcast

If I could have a redo since the 90s it would have been better to never burn them to CD/DVD/Blu-ray that just suffer CD rot and just depended on a series of 1 dedicated hard disc that's good enough for at most 1 month of archive then FIFO delete.

Replace HDD when it breaks down and not because a 20TB NAS HDD SKU came out last March.

For 99% of use cases I always advocate for downgrading to cheaper plans that maintain a 25Mbps per user throughput. For typical use case it would be rare that all users would simultaneously saturate the Mbps for a sustained period of time.

I'd only go beyond that cap if it is for revenue generating reasons.

The savings I would have gotten from doing everything I mentioned above would have been better spent on shares of

- $TEL
    - $GLO
    - $CNVRG

Dividends and unrealized capitals gains are nice to have since 2004.

Being a seeder is a financial and legal liability that benefits no one you know in person.

-- edited by filipinX on Jul 13 2022, 10:45 AM