Forum Topic

All About Dogs (no trading)

• gumawa ako ng BARF last Sunday.

around 6kls chicken soup pack, 1kl carrot, around 1.5kl or 2 slices of Kalabasa(including the seeds and the soft middle part, balat lang tinapon ko), 2pcs cabbage, 1 big stalk celery, 6 cloves garlic.

inabot ako ng 5hrs, Blender ang ginamit ko, pa isa isang soup pack lang ang kaya ng blender. i have to pre cut and prepare the veggies din dahil di kasya sa blender. sobrang pagod.

cost is around 100/kilo. Better than anything. Pero sobrang pagod nga lang talaga.

Next time, i will add liver/heart.
  • @NormanABates

6 cloves garlic

Di ba not advisable sa dogs ang garlic and onions?

Eto o:
    Garlic might be good for us, but dogs metabolize certain foods, including garlic, differently than we do. According to the Merck Veterinary Manual, garlic and other members of the allium family, including onions, contain thiosulfate, which is toxic to dogs but not to humans.
  • been giving them garlic even before :)

not advisable kung madami, say, 1 head/buo per 1 serving of food. It's actually good for them. the most i give is 2 cloves per serving. etong ginawa ko, sobrang hina pa nga kasi i made 11 servings out of all this. so dapat 22 cloves of garlic. 6 lang ginamit ko kasi yun lang nakita ko sa kusina. hehe.