Forum Topic

Seagate warranty straight to singapore at no cost (read FAQ on Page 1)

• meron ba na nagpa-rma last August na hindi hiningan ng OMB permit?

update: hiningan rin ako ng OMB permit. buti na lang UPS na ang maglalakad. just needed to submit documents thru email.

-- edited by meia_kp on Sep 06 2019, 03:05 PM
  • is that for the export permit? or import permit? does UPS charge a fee?
    last month kasi di pa nila inoffer yung service.

anyone asked for a notarized affidavit by OMB?
  • Alam ko may 2k na charge if ups maglalakad
    But maybe nabago na policy ni ups

Napakastressful nyang omb na yan
    Dati wala naman
    Magaling humanap ng pera gobyerno kung may dagdag korap nila

Hayzzz
  • Ganito email nila

In order to facilitate the customs clearance, you are required to complete the attached documents . Below are the list of documents which you need to complete and submit. Total of 5 documents has to be submitted.

Authorization (to complete)
    Letter of Intent (to complete)
    Affidavit (to complete and require a lawyer signature)
    Invoice
    Front and Back copy of Identification Card

**we do apologize but we are unable to provide a Lawyer nor waive any lawyer fees. In order to receive your replacement device a lawyer signature is required as per Philippines Customs requirement. **

update: for pickup na ng broker yung OMB permit

-- edited by meia_kp on Sep 11 2019, 12:58 PM
  • @meia_kp, ano po update sayo.. na realaesa na yung mga hdd mo?
  • may changes po
    <click here for link>
  • ^ I hope they just open up a local service center where RMAs can be processed. Shipping individual drives to Singapore for RMA isn’t feasible anymore because of that OMB permit requirement BS.

-- edited by MrBungle on Oct 09 2019, 11:01 AM
  • @MrBungle

Didn't western digital one up them by having a local in-house warranty service center?

Okay maybe not since sending my drive to UPS SCS via LBC(300 meters walking distance in my previous home) was still ways better than going myself to metro manila and finding some service center I've never been to before time and fare-wise.

That would be for the best to avoid OMB's piracy measures lol.

It would be great if we can ship our drive there and simply pay for return shipping as well keeping hassle to a minimum.

I remember submitting my WD drive for RMA to a shop forwarded to a distro(out of shop warranty na but they sent it anyway), and had to reclaim it from another distro going around in circles with my father since we couldn't find said distro warehouse. this was around 10 years ago I think.

Kasalanan naman kasi natin yan.
    Dapat sa local distro magpa-RMA and if hindi pede sa local distro itapon na lang ang device at bumili ng bago mahirap na at baka may pirated content courtesy OMB and whoever the hell allegedly file complaints to them.
  • I still call BS on the pirated content excuse (and thus OMB's jurisdiction), because you're sending a defective drive and receive a blank one as a replacement. How does piracy fit in that scenario?
  • @awakeruze

Masyado ka defiant good sir namimirata ka siguro.
    pag sinabi ng OMB and the powers that be na piracy yung HDD replacement piracy yun.
  • meia_kp sila naman po talaga maglalakad ng mga iyan need mo lang talaga iprovide ung mga documents na yan specially notarized na affidavit.
    will be posting the detailed process sa off ko if merong interested kasi may misunderstanding ang OMB at seagate regarding sa process.
    Like we as law abiding citizens let us just follow rules of the OMB. as simple as that.
  • I emailed Millennium and AGT (both of the authorized distributors) to ask if they will accept the drives for RMA.

Millennium requires you to contact the store where you bought it from.

For AGT, the one that replied to me was Mr. Benedick Arevalo.
    You can send it properly packed with RMA label to:

Suite 1104, 11th Floor
    Taipan Place Bldg. Emerald Avenue
    Ortigas, Pasig City

Contact Person: Amira Reyes
    You can contact them directly
    +639399186168 or +639178171279

-- edited by marbleygloo on Oct 10 2019, 05:19 PM
  • For AGT, the one that replied to me was Mr. Benedick Arevalo.
    You can send it properly packed with RMA label to:

may nakapa-rma ba sa kanila kahit hindi sa kanila galing yung drive?
  • 99 days, or 3 months + 8 days.

RMA Process Log

January 6, 2020, 11:18:
    - Sent email to AGT Limited, components_support[at]servimaxtech.com

January 6, 2020, 11:50:
    - Responded to by a certain Benedick Arevalo
    - Was instructed to send item to their Ortigas office

January 7, 2020, 15:00:
    - Shipped dead Seagate Firecuda SSHD 2TB via 2GO (Php 210.00)
    - packed in bubble wrap
    - Origin: Davao City
    - Notified AGT Limited of the shipment
    - no paperworks needed except for the tracking number

January 9, 2020:
    - Tracked 2GO shipment status
    - Package received by a certain Amira Reyes

January 20, 2020, 14:30:
    - 14 days later (from January 6)
    - AGT Limited called my mobile phone
    - Was instructed to text/SMS complete shipping info

February 3, 2020, 12:02:
    - 28 days later (from January 6)
    - Agent from Seagate Indonesia (Putrajaya) called my mobile phone
    - Was told to verify my email address
    - Was instructed to verify shipping address via email discsupport[at]seagate.com
    - Was notified that a follow up email containing OMB instructions will be sent the next day

February 4, 2020, 14:25:
    - Received Shipping Advice email from Seagate Singapore
    - Carrier Name: UPS WWD (Express Saver)
    - Tracking Number: OMB04FEB2020
    - Product Description: ST2000DX002
    - Quantity: 1

February 5, 2020, 13:12:
    - Received OMB instructions with attached documents from discsupport[at]seagate.com
    - Attached documents: Authorization.docx, Letter of Intent.docx, Affidavit.docx, Invoice-Name.pdf

February 6, 2020, 9:00:
    - Printed, filled up, and signed Authorization letter and Letter of Intent (Php 15.00)
    - Affidavit printed, signed, and authenticated by a notary public (Php 100.00)
    - Turns out, there are many lawyers who offer notary services in our City Council (Sangguniang Panlungsod)
    - A staff from one of the councilor's office assisted me

February 6, 2020, 15:00:
    - Sent email to: omb_registry[at]yahoo.com.ph, cc PH.UPS.Brokerage[at]seagate.com
    - Subject: OMBDDMMYYYY - First Name Last Name
    - Attached a photo of Authorization, Letter of Intent, Affidavit, Invoice, ID front, ID back
    - Sent reply to discsupport[at]seagate.com

February 6, 2020, 15:30-16:00:
    - Received reply from discsupport[at]seagate.com
    - Agent confirmed that OMB and UPS received my documents
    - Agent from OMB confirmed that they received my documents
    - Was advised to wait 3 business days

February 7, 2020, 17:09:
    - Received email: requested OMB Certification/Permit is ready for pick up at 35 Scout Limbaga St., Brgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City
    - from omb_registry[at]yahoo.com.ph, cc PH.UPS.Brokerage[at]seagate.com

February 12, 2020, 21:09:
    - Sent follow-up email to discsupport[at]seagate.com
    - Asked about the status

February 13, 2020, 17:53:
    - Received reply from discsupport[at]seagate.com
    - Agent said that UPS Philippines will take care of the permit and Seagate will shoulder the fees and charges

March 12, 2020, 18:00:
    - 66 days later (from January 6th)
    - Agent from UPS called my mobile to inform me about an upcoming shipment
    - Was told to reply to the SMS and send my email address
    - Agent had the email address, <agent_name>[at]ups.com
    - I told the agent that I already processed all the needed documents last February
    - I forwarded the email from OMB regarding the clearance/permit
    - I told the agent that I can forward the emails from Seagate if needed
    - I was extremely confused at this point

March 13, 2020, 09:00:
    - Was told to forward all pertinent emails so that they can check
    - Forwarded all emails from Seagate Disc Support, including:
    - Case number xxxxxxxxx
    - Ship Advice for Shipper Number xxxxxxxxx
    - Zip file containing the documents I submitted to OMB in the previous month
    - Agent from UPS confirmed that they have forwarded the OMB permit to customs for approval

April 6, 2020, 14:00:
    - 91 days later (from January 6th)
    - Someone from Air21 called my mobile phone
    - He told me that my package is ready for pick up
    - I said I can't due to the Enhanced Community Quarantine
    - I opted to wait it out

April 14, 2020, 15:30:
    - 99 days later (from January 6th)
    - Air21 delivered the replacement drive

• matagal na pala ang proseso ni Seagate para sa RMA ng Hardisk..Sayang yung dating RMA system na hindi ka aabutin ng 1 week,andyan na agad replacement from Seagate Singapore..
  • April 14, 2020, 15:30:
    - 99 days later (from January 6th)
    - Air21 delivered the replacement drive

after few days of testing - bumigay
    edi wow
    grrrrr
  • ^
    Anak ng... :O
  • wow super tagal talaga pag hindi direct sa Seagate ang RMA.
    Latest announcement says their UPS collection point is closed since March 18, 2020 due to ECQ. Sana magreopen once ECQ restrictions are lifted.

Seagate announcement: <click here for link>
  • Kamusta na RMA system ng hardisk?
  • Post deleted #12308056
  • 99 days, or 3 months + 8 days.

Sobrang tagal na akong hindi nag-RMA ng Seagate HDD kasi lahat ng HDDs ko now ay Western Digital. Pero nakapag-RMA ako ng around 4 drives many years ago, dati super bilis, less than one week idedeliver na ng brown UPS van. Ngayon parang sobrang complicated na. Tapos may nonsense pa about that OMB permit, stupid talaga. Sabagay, yung shield sa mga backriding na asawa utter BS rin, maraming di nag-iisip sa gobyerno.
  • @Peorth
    suko na ako sa seagate WD na po preferred brand ko now. super problematic as in
  • Kaasar naman Seagate pa naman binili ko for my latest drive and my old one is Seagate din. Kala ko kasi dun lang sa may Pascor ang puntahan kapag nasira. Medyo malapit kasi sakin. Sobrang hassle nito.
  • Omb dito lang sa may timog diba?
  • ^ oo ata... marami ka ba binili? Usually daw ata na-flag kung marami quantity. Pag pa-isa isa medyo madalang. Meron ako isang shipment from New*gg sana di maharang. Gumamit ako forwarder.
  • Post deleted #12324905
  • 4 ironwolf drives.. pahirapan wd reds ngayon kung meron man mataas ang presyo. Nakita ko na yung omb sa mga scout scout streets kelan lang nung may pinabili sakin sister ko at ang meetup nga jan sa omb.
  • Konti lang kasi nagbebenta ng higher capacity drives sa Pinas, tapos mahal pa. Tatlo yung WD Red ko, lahat 8 Tb, malapit na mag 1 year old. Benta pala ng WD Red 8 Tb ngayon ~13k, eh nakuha ko lang yan sa isang TPC seller ng 8K. Too bad recently wala na akong nakikitang TPC seller na nagbebenta ng cheap high capacity HDDs.
  • Post deleted #12327683
  • On the subject of importing storage devices, may nakakaalam ba if iwas OMB permit if I buy something from Amazon/Newegg and I use Johnny Air or Shopping Cart para ma ship yung item to PH?

-- edited by fredfajardo on Oct 13 2020, 07:58 AM