Forum Topic

Ask Sir Tony - an Electronics/Electrical Q & A thread

• sir you have to follow the voltage and the polarity ng connector ng charger..... for safety reasons

wrong polarity or over-voltage might result in nasty situations (mahairap kung aapoy bigla)

Thank you sir. Tumingin ako ng universal adapter sa Raon. Walang ako nakitang same ng output ng original. Yung isang universal adapter, may option na 7.5v tapos 500ma. Pwede na kaya yun?
  • 7.5V okay na yan, wag lang yung 12V, although gagana naman yan kaso baka sa katagalan mag degrade ang battery kasi sa laki ng charging voltage, and worse baka magka accident pa.

regarding the amperage, the higher the better, yan yung max na gayang ibuga ng charger.

Basta check mo lang sir yung polarity, you'll be okay with 7.5V and 500mA charger.
  • as vanguardwars mentioned earlier medyo ok yung 7.5v however you should check the charging once in a while if you feel something wrong with the battery but before that research the type of battery that your mini trike uses... different types of rechargeable batteries has its own behavior like ni-cd, ni-mh,sealed lead acid, li-on and li-po are the common types used on rechargeable batteries in consumer type items
  • Okay lang kaya sa RGB Pin header ng motherboard i connect yung led strip na to.<click here for link> Instead of the provided power adapter/hub.

Reasons: Sync rgb pattern with my motherboard.
    Motherboard model: Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming 5

-- edited by muujiza on Apr 08 2017, 11:02 PM
  • ^
    Not a good idea IMO. The manual for that board specifies a maximum LED strip length of 2 meters, while the one in your link is 5m.
  • Okay lang kaya sa RGB Pin header ng motherboard i connect yung led strip na to.<click here for link> Instead of the provided power adapter/hub.

Check the specs of the RGB LED Strip... if that strip can be cut up to the maximum length then follow the specs from thw motherboard too...

Now the LED strip.... most have certain voltage requirement to work without the supplied or needed power supply

We used to have those but those basic colors like Daylight and Warmlight but that LED strip needs 12v to work... well one incident the contractor tried connecting it on a 220v directly and it exploded because it only needs 12v to run
  • ^
    The one in his link is a 12v 24 watt (2 amps) 5 meters RGB LED strip. The board's manual specifies 12v, 2 amps, but only 2 meters maximum. IMO it's better to be safe rather than risk blowing his expensive motherboard.

One alternative is to use a beefier power source while electrically isolating the motherboard's RGB LED signal, probably by using relays or perhaps optoisolators.
  • Or you could do a PWM Y-Splitter. Connect the Y-Splitter onto the mobo, the 1st branch goes to your LED strip, then the other branch have it connect it to the 4-Pin molex on your PSU, but on the 2nd branch, remove the two middle pins, meaning retain only the wires for the +12V and ground.

With this, you can make sure that if ever the LED strip pulls more power than the mobo can supply, the LED strip will just pull the needed power from the molex connector of the PSU. Well, that's how I would do it.
  • Gud day sir tony
    Ask ko lang po plan to buy a generator for
    23units of computer+ 3 fan+ 3 hp aircon and 5 led lights.

Gaano po at anong generator pede kung bilhin?
    Salamat po.
  • Post deleted #11913119
  • Mga sir patulong naman meron akong voltcraft or watt meter gusto ko sana imonitor yung aircon ng parents ko kaya lang ang problema ko yung saksakan ito yung voltcraft ko

Then ito yung outlet or yung saksakan ng aircon

Ito naman yung cable or plug ng aircon.

Nag try ako mag canvass nung adapter kaya lang sabi sa akin di daw pede sa aircon yung adapter masusunog lang daw kasi mababa daw yung ampere nung adapter. Ano kya dapat kong gawin para magamit ko yung voltcraft ko pang monitor ng aircon?
  • Mga Sir tanong ko lang kung ano ang nasira kasi kumidlat ng malakas dito sa amin 3 years ago na yata, hindi pa napapagawa kasi ang mamahal nila sumingil dito sa amin. ano po ang sira ng TV ko JVC 21 inch sya.. thanks po sa sasagot :)
  • usually nasisira dyan power supply section and power transistor ng flyback. kung antenna naman tinamaan, sapul ang tuner ng TV. kung power supply section and power transistor.. usual charge dyan 800.
  • Post deleted #11919056
  • bilhan mo ng universal plug adaptors sa handyman.

He already mentioned that:
    Nag try ako mag canvass nung adapter kaya lang sabi sa akin di daw pede sa aircon yung adapter masusunog lang daw kasi mababa daw yung ampere nung adapter

-- edited by awakeruze on Apr 25 2017, 11:17 AM
  • Post deleted #11919168
  • me mga branded power plug adaptors... pag sinilip mo, makapal talaga mga bakal sa loob. suggestion ko bring a flashlight then silipin mo yung bakal sa loob. most china plug adaptors walang kwenta... highly recommended ko TOKINA brand.

suggestion ko lang.. why not replace the aircon outlet ng good branded conventional single wall outlet that will accomodate your Voltcraft? Akari pede na.. (Warning! wag ROYU.) or kung me budget ka.. buy the 150 pesos up outlet. then bili ka ng plug adaptor ng Tokina (dont buy the one with switch).. around 50 to P60 pesos. Yung 1hp aircon mo.. maglalaro ang kain nyan sa around 3Amps to 5Amps depende sa ambient temperature.

-- edited by PadreFlorentino on Apr 25 2017, 12:35 PM
  • ^ I agree, forget about those bling bling switches.
  • Question how many amps does an ac 220 volt 5w led bulb draw? Tama ba yung 5/220= .023 amps?

Yung 65w na 220v na stand fan draws .3 amps?
  • Tama In a resistive load. Pero ang fan pede tumaas pa due to power factor.

-- edited by PadreFlorentino on May 10 2017, 09:32 PM
  • Pero ang fan pede tumaas pa due to power factor.

How much more?

Reason I'm asking, Is it possible to run 3 5w led bulbs and 2 65w fans drawing less than 1amp?

Thanks
  • Assuming 30 percent increase sa wattage ng fans, total current kasama na 15 watts na Leds is 0.84 amps.

Bakit kelangan less than 1 amp?

-- edited by PadreFlorentino on May 10 2017, 11:03 PM
  • active pa pala ang forums na ito. eto unang forum na nagustuha nko nung new member pako.
    Asan na nga pala si Sir Tony?
  • Bakit kelangan less than 1 amp?

Sa condo namin, we are provided one emergency electrical socket for power failures. Each unit has a 1 amp allocation. Going past that will trip the breaker for the unit.

Thanks

PS

In the case of a 5v 1amp usb charger, does is still draw 1amp or is it less because of the ac to dc conversion? If so how do you convert? Is it the same as (5x1)/220?

-- edited by wmaxell on May 11 2017, 06:10 AM
  • The 1A is the power draw from the output side (DC). There should be a spec written on the USB charger on what is the maximum current draw from the AC.

As far as I know there is no direct conversion of current between AC or DC or vice versa. It depends on the step down transformer used, the design. and other factors. If the USB charger is legit, there should be a spec written on the power draw from the AC and the output it can give in DC. Hope this helps.
  • Post deleted #11931492
  • Ask lng guys, san ako makaka bili ng ganto?

Vape stores also carry these exact battery

may iba pa bang brand na mas maganda dyn?

the best is Sanyo, but the good ones are Samsung and LG

make sure you get the protected cells and evade unknown to generic brands of these kinds of battery, because these batteries are probably unprotected and has higher chance to explode
  • Post deleted #11931829
  • Thanks vanguardwars and padreflorentino.

Mas okay ba gumamit nang mga emt pipes versus pvc? Kung price durability, which is a more bang for buck; emt, imc or rsc?
  • ^ I would go for EMT for more cleaner build. It is lighter and inexpensive compared to IMT or RSC. But you will need some equipment to cut and bend it. Unlike PVC, it is easy to cut and bend, and 90 and 45 degree elbows are readily available.

It is actually up to you, rigidness is almost on par between PVC and EMT, it just comes down to your personal preference. Just my opinion.