Forum Topic

eneloop rechargable batteries

• @ AmalgamvsAloof

actually what I was trying to point out there is "Battery Operated" Battery Charger......yung I-chacharge mo, ibabalik mo lang din sa charger lol

-- edited by megasyxx on Aug 22 2016, 11:25 PM
  • pano ba malalaman kung nagchacharge ang eneloop battery sa charger?

ung charger ko pala is ung sanyo ni-mh. wala kasi manual eh.
  • Sanyo NC-MQN06 Charger Instructions Manual

Charge indicator light
    • Flashes when charging.
    • Turns on when charging is complete.

<click here for link>
  • Saw the new eneloop design at Costco...=)

• Pretty soon they will be able to retain charge of 90% for 10 years. Primaries will be obsolete?
  • @puroy
    nakabili na ako nyan hehe :)
    had my sis in law purchase in the US and brought here last week :D
  • Nice one @mangyver. Working pa kasi yung white and black eneloops ko...super reliable. hehehe
  • Hi guys, dun sa mga nakasubok na ng Panasonic smart and quick charger BQ-CC55 being sold in here TPC, kamusta naman ang performance?

I know the seller has solid feedback, and even in this very thread reputable members have vouched for the Eneloop batteries he is selling. I just want feedback on the charger. TIA.
  • @puroy
    uu. yung anniversary pack ko na eneloop (iba iba kulay) buhay pa. almost 3 years na. gamit na gamit hehehe
    pandagdag lang para madali switch pag nalobat haha :)
  • the charger that came with the eneloop batteries that I bought gone kaput with magic smoke as a bonus.

Just went ahead and just buy a Intellicharger D4 from Nitecore (via Lazada w/ Discount) and yep it has some fancy thing happening in there, didnt bother tinkering with setting and went ahead charge my batteries, My impression so far with this charger is it can accept various sizes of battiries including the type C and D batteries that I had (rechargeable batteries from energizer) and it had no trouble charging those batteries (in fact the batteries are flat dead, I mean no charge at all due to I dont have a compatible charger for it but liuckily the charger it self has its own CPR function like to resurrect the battery, phew, I dont have to bother to overvolt charge those battery anymore), also charged some super long batteries (lithium ion 3.6volts) that came with my power bank (yep the batteries are replaceable on my powerbank) and it charge 3 of those batteries at the same time no problemo. The LED screen is fancy I guess (it tells what voltage, amps battery charge levels etc....), but couldnt care less about it, I just want my charger to charge batteries, not to stare on it while charging.

Charging the batteries using this charger takes a lil bit longer (about 2hours or so) to fully charge it, but the good thing with it is the batteries are not that hot from touch if I compare to my experience with panasonic chargers (at least the charger that is included on the eneloop batteries that I bought), but panasonic chargers arent that bad anyway if you compare it to a class a chargers which can get the battery sooo hot that its no longer comfortable to touch.
  • also charged some super long batteries (lithium ion 3.6volts) that came with my power bank

18650's. either protected or unprotected. better to use the right name
  • A cheap 14500 li ion battery (4.06 v actual measurement) and a dummy battery made from a plastic rod and aluminum tape. With duct tape wound around it to give it the proper diameter.

Yes it works, but you gotta align the ends of the dummy battery properly

I was a little scared doing this since it would overvolt the camera, but I was ready to go buy either a new camera or a cheap action cam anyway so I went ahead

The 2 main problems with this canon ever since I bought it in 2008 was that even with eneloops I quickly get low battery warnings. All I need to do to get a low batt warning is to get a freshly charged batt and take maybe 40-50+ pictures with flash or use eneloops that were charged then stored for 2-3 days. Second problem is that the flash takes quite a long time to recharge.

Now the flash takes maybe <4 seconds to recharge. The li ion batt as of now was last charged > 4 months ago so self discharge is not a problem. Gonna test how many shots a 14500 takes the next time I go on vacation

I assume the problem is that the camera is expecting alkaline 3v, but the actual I get from the eneloops after a few days storage is 2.72v

• Question - can I use any kind of AA charger to recharge these eneloops? I bought some Fuji batteries with charger pero hindi ata kaya yung Fuji flash sa camera
  • Question - can I use any kind of AA charger to recharge these eneloops? I bought some Fuji batteries with charger pero hindi ata kaya yung Fuji flash sa camera

any nimh charger will charge eneloops

BUT unless its a smart charger you will under or overcharge the batteries resulting in lower charge capacity and/or shorter battery life
  • froztburn Send Message View User Items on 22 Mar 17 @ 05:18 PM #
    Question - can I use any kind of AA charger to recharge these eneloops? I bought some Fuji batteries with charger pero hindi ata kaya yung Fuji flash sa camera

Eto pansin ko, most of the electronic devices that need batteries like AA size requires 1.5V. E most rechargeable batteries I've used eneloop and energizer only has 1.2V.
  • Eto pansin ko, most of the electronic devices that need batteries like AA size requires 1.5V. E most rechargeable batteries I've used eneloop and energizer only has 1.2V.

AA electronic devices can be designed to give leeway to the slight undervolt when nimh is used instead of alkaline. My canon camera was not one of those
  • Mga sir anung magandang bilhin na rechargeable battery? may amazon basics, eneloop black, white tas may enevolt din.. sa amazon jp ko pala sila nakita.. eto po gagamitan ko

bp monitor
    canon camera
    shaver
    aa flashlight
    wall clock
    xbox controller
    toys ni baby na pampatulog(3x a day gamitin)

anu po dapat ko tingnan? yung pinaka mataas na mah? o ok na yung 750mah? salamat po..
  • ^Up to you. Brand preference lang yan. Ang gamit ko now is Eneloop at Ikea rechargeable batteries. Both are made in Japan. Kapag AAA, usually 750mAh. Kapag AA, usually 2100mAh. Mas mataas na charge, mas matagal maubos, mas matagal bago ka mag-charge ulit.

-- edited by dm1179 on Jun 11 2017, 09:22 PM
  • Thanks sir dm, nag enevolt 3000mah na lang ako, best seller din kasi sya kaya kinuha ko, gamit ko palang charger yung pang panasonic bq 390 na bundle dati ay evolta..salamat ulit..
  • Trying to decide whether to get Eneloop or Eneloop Pro for my Olight S2A flashlight (it uses 2x AA).

I know the Eneloop Pro is better for high drain devices... However I generally use my flashlight in medium mode (120 lumens) and occasionally on high (260 lumens). And I usually take 1-2 weeks before needing to recharge, i.e. I don't use it for hours at a time. Can anyone pls. share their experience or insight (if in a similar situation)?

Currently using old GP Recyko and Energizer Recharge NiMh batteries, but planning to buy fresh Eneloop or Eneloop Pro soon. Thanks. :)
  • I have 8 pcs of these and buhay pa lahat mag 2 years na. Unlike those cheapo ones by da king....madaling masira yung protective cover and may 3 pcs na ayaw na mag charge (slow flashing light sa eneloop smart chager).
  • If a smart NiMH charger refuses to charge a (AA-sized) rechargeable battery, then it's most likely a 14500 Li-ion, correct? Or could the battery be NiCd?
  • If a smart NiMH charger refuses to charge a (AA-sized) rechargeable battery, then it's most likely a 14500 Li-ion, correct? Or could the battery be NiCd?

pwede din na sira talaga.

if it's 14500 usually nakasulat na li-ion sya or meron volt rating above 1.2v like 3.7v. And if it still has some charge, testing it will show > 1.5v
  • I bought new old stock Eneloop AAs with manufacturing date of May 2014. Tested the remaining charge using the discharge function of my charger/analyzer:

Assuming that the batteries were pre-charged to 75% capacity from the factory, that's an 85% retention after 3 years, in less than ideal storage temps (Panasonic recommends 21 degrees C). Very impressive!

-- edited by levi on Jul 08 2017, 03:37 PM
  • polka

Intellicharger D4 from Nitecore

Mukhang ok yang charger na yan ah. Sayang mukhang di na available sa Lazada. Am still using a Newstar charger. Smart charger ba to? Yung may refresh function.

Ano pa ba available locally na smart charger.
  • dm1179

Ang gamit ko now is Eneloop at Ikea rechargeable batteries. Both are made in Japan.

What year are your Enjeloops? After Panasonic acquired Sanyo, yung Eneloops were eventually made in China right? Or do they still manufacture also in Japan?

I just bought new Eneloops yesterday galing Japan, but walang naka indicate where they are made. San kaya gawa yun.

Also napansin ko pala mga Sanyo pa pala old Eneloops ko.
  • Made in Japan ang Eneloops ko. Made in Japan din ang Ikea ko.
  • Made in Japan Eneloops ko! yehey!

meron pa palang mga items na hindi made in china hahaha
  • I just bought new Eneloops yesterday galing Japan, but walang naka indicate where they are made. San kaya gawa yun.

iirc, merong serial code yan malalaman mo manufacturing date tsaka saan ginawa, among other things.
  • guys may ma recommend ba kayong cheap but reliable smart charger na may discharge function? important saken yung discharge. kahit 4 slot charger lang. Salamuch!

Ok na, kuha na lang ako nung Opus BT-C700

-- edited by Yohan831 on Jun 19 2018, 03:53 AM