Forum Topic

LED Lights Lunatics

• nitecore hc30
  • mahal papi
  • any recommended 18650 batts available locally? mas ok ba mga vape batts?
  • ako mga 18650 halos lahat galing lang sa mga sirang Batt ng laptop
  • Since maulan na and baka mag brown out, mag prepare na kayo for future typhoons

One thing needed is lighting. My personal preference is not to use cheap lead acid battery based emergency lights. What I hate about it is that you really have no way of easily knowing if malapit na ma low batt or full na. So personally i prefer li-ion based lights. And lead acid tends to not last as long specially if you run it hard, multiple discharges to very low levels.

One cheap way to get one (if you don't already have one of the many good flashlights in this thread) is to use a powerbank and a usb light. Personally I prefer powerbanks with 4 or 5 bulbs. 4 bulbs means that literally the powerbank has 4 LED bulbs that tell you the approximate charge level of the powerbank. 5 bulbs means it has that and a flashlight so you might not need a usb bulb.

I have one like this. Its 5 bulbs and it is relatively cheap coz I found it at 200 pesos

Its of course not going to last too long (approx 900+ mah at the usb port in my testing) but at least I know when its getting low and I can get my ASUS powerbank. My area doesnt have long brownouts anyway
  • ask lang about sa led strip na white, marami bang klase yung color white kasi bumili ako pansin ko di sya yung white na like sa mga bulb medyo cool na dim white.

• Warm White: 2700K ~ 3000K, produces calm, relaxing light for use in any room.

Perfect for use in bad rooms, living rooms, dining rooms and restaurants.

Natural White: 4000K ~ 4500K, produces a friendly, inviting light for use in any room.

Ideal for use in office, basements, garages and work environments.

Cool White: 5500K ~ 6500K, produces a crisp, vibrant light for use in any room.

Recommended for display areas, security lighting, and garages.

<click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• ^^ Thanks for the info sir.
  • My local handyman has a couple of small Akari lights as buy one take one. I bought this model as a gift. 2 for 299 pesos

solar panel (of dubious value)
    4v 600 max lead acid (I prefer li ion but not available in that price range)
    built in retractable 220v plug (well at least the people I gift it to will not lose the means of charging)
    one floody LED array one throwy flashlight
    one LED bulb that shows that it is charging, no 4 led array that shows how much charge is left, a pity but not available in this price range

its pretty bright though, not sure how long the runtime is or how long till the battery dies

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 19 2018, 07:26 AM
  • Post deleted #12142089
  • I have a few 18650's lying around that are fake low capacity. Since its typhoon season its a shame to let them go to waste

Found this in daisho, 88 pesos

it is 3 x AAA but look inside. The bottom spring is long and can depress a lot.

And this is the head. notice the long protruding screw that is the (+) terminal

All you have to do to turn this into 18650 is
    1 . remove the 3xAAA holder
    2. remove the screw in the middle that is the (+) terminal (you need a small phillips screwdriver)
    3. remove the brass spacer pipe from the screw
    4. return the screw and screw it in all the way. It will be a little tight at the end
    5. Use wire cutters and a file to file down the protruding ends of the LED leads as they will scrape and damage the top of the 18650

thats it, it now works, although the head is a bit tight to screw on

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 22 2018, 09:45 PM

• The head with the brass spacer removed and the screw screwed all the way in

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 22 2018, 09:46 PM

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jul 22 2018, 09:47 PM

• it only has 3 5mm old style LED bulbs, but good enough for use inside the house
  • Ba't kaya ayaw mag charge nito pero pag kinabit mo sa usb tapos press power ay umiilaw naman... tama naman yung ginamit kong usb charger na 5V 1A according to packaging... para siyang corded led lights na kasi pag tinanggal mo hindi na nailaw 6hrs ang charging time and tried different charger narin...

meron ba sa inyo naka experience ng ganitong problem...

• kung bago, defective yan

gadget addict on youtube has a video of him replacing the battery with a li ion batt. Or just wire the leads to a usb cable and stick this on the side

• @AmalgamvsAloof:

Thanks, bro! mukhang mabusisi ang proseso... PHP150 lang kuha ko sa ACE.... I don't watch narin yung channel nya kasi puro's MMDA related palagi... hahah

...yung nga din naisip ko mag parang powerbank nalang...

Thanks!
  • 18650 holder. it's only held by friction although I could add some rubber bands

* cap and neck of 2 liter softdrink bottles
    * screws
    * cardboard
    * white glue

optional, you can hot glue the ends of the cardboard tube into the neck of the bottles

• Hi guys, my house is under construction and I plan on using LED recessed lights, spot lights and cove lighting. Ano po ba ang recommended brand na bang for the buck na housing and bulbs?

Philips palang nakita ko na may 3 dimmer settings na slim profile @ 695 each. Napapabalitan ba yun pag pumalya na?
  • ^Duon sa home led lights solutions. Dito kasi specialization led flashlights or portable lights.
    <click here for link>
  • Post deleted #12160273
  • ako mga 18650 halos lahat galing lang sa mga sirang Batt ng laptop

ako meron din pero lahat galing sa sirang power tool battery packs, dahil lahat ng ito high discharge current kaya sure ball na kaya at least 10A discharge rates kahit mababa ang capacity.... kahit papaano nagagamit din, e.

may mga sirang cells pero madami din na ayos pa... yun ang ginagamit ko.... madalas nakukuha ko 1.3AH cells minsan 1.5AH. pero high drain lahat sila.

may binili akong XML-T6 na zoomable headlamp, ito baterya niya.

Gumawa rin ako ng work light na 12V (3 cells in series) at nilagyan ko ng 18650 holders, magnetic base na may gimbal at 2 sections yung ilaw niya na gawa sa LED strips na white 6000K color temp.... when extended, 2 feet long siya with 2 switches controlling each led section.

This is what it looks like: <click here for link>

link na lang para makita niyo yung lahat ng pics...

charger ko dalawa.... xtar MC-2 saka isang E-SYB 6 bay charger kung kelangan ko magcharge ng maramihang baterya.

-- edited by redwing0001 on Nov 30 2018, 01:58 AM
  • I've succeeded in using an 18500 Li-Ion cell on a CD-R King Iris LED flashlight like this one: <click here for link>

The best part is that no modification is needed, just put the battery in the flashlight. :D

Now I'm starting to salvage 18650 cells from laptop batteries. Is there a good battery charger for 1k or less?

• Have you guys heard of Isabela Customs? From isabela and they make/assemble their own flashlights.
    Mabait pa yung mga tao at madali kausap.
  • I have an old 4D cell incandescent lantern converted to LED.

cellphone battery attached to the circuit board of a powerbank, just so I can easily charge it with a micro usb and I can tell how much charge is in it. Plus I cannibalized all the old crappy LED flashlights I had and used the LED emitters

This is a light meant to be a test bed, something I can fool around and experiment with.

My problem is, sometimes when fooling around, I accidentally short it. The battery dies. Waiting 15 min does nothing. The thing that works for me is to unsolder one wire from the battery then wait 1 min. Is there any better way to revive the battery after a short?
  • ^
    That's why I use 18650's and the proper-sized battery holder.
  • hirap maka hanap a single 18350 light
  • @Scamm3r
    I haven't even seen an 18350 cell. Do you have a stash of them at hand that's why you want a flashlight that uses it?