Forum Topic

Hackintosh

• @schrikerz yes. Always make sure that the serial you're using for ur SMBIOS is unused. May tools naman online to generate the serial tapos check mo sa checkcoverage.apple.com. Rule of thumb ko dyan, ayusin ko muna lahat at double check SMBIOS settings at pag happy na, saka ako mag lologin ng Apple ID.
  • @kuya_carlos18

ayun salamat sa reply.
  • Going through the OpenCore guide.

Excited much, hehe.

• I’m a bit stuck making my DSDT... sa MBP running High Sierra, when I use SSDTTime.command file, walang option to dump DSDT.

Sa Windows 10 desktop, when I ran the SSDTTime batch file, it created a Results folder with just the .aml, pero sa video below, may ibang files pa na nagenerate?

<click here for link>

My PC’s specs:
    Asus ROG Gene II
    Intel i7 920 2.7GHz Bloomfield
    24GB Crucial DDR3 RAM
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X GPU
    500GB EVO 860 SSD for Windows
    1x 1TB EVO 860 for Hackintosh (pag napagana!)
    1x 1TB EVO 860 for files
    3x 1TB WD Black HDD

Update:
    I've now managed to generate SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml, and SSDT-PLUG.aml from my desktop. Just need to figure out ProperTree

-- edited by pancho on Sep 15 2020, 03:29 AM
  • @pancho, goodluck bro!
  • Thank you, kuya_carlos18.

Dun sa Add section ng config.plist file, kung anong .aml file meron ka, dapat ba ganun din karami ‘yung nasa section na ito?

Sa ProperTree sa High Sierra, greyed out ‘yung options after editing the plist file. When I close it, I only have the option to save. Okay lang ba ‘yun? Kasi dun sa video ni Chris Titus, sine-save as snapshot niya pa, etc.
  • @pancho Hindi ko kasi ginamit yung snapshot feature ng ProperTree. I used the sample.plist para clean slate. DM moko bro
  • Thanks ulit, kuya_carlos18. I used the Sample.plist din pero renamed it to config.plist, removed some .aml entries sa Add section... DM sent. :-)
  • Hhhmmm... antayin ko nalang kaya Big Sur lol
  • i use this to edit plist: http://tustin2121.github.io/jsPlistor/

there's also OC configurator, but is not recommended by OC authors/contributors. but i use it from time to time, and haven't encountered any problem.

i miss the versatility of Clover - unfortunately I haven't been able to make it work with my 10th gen setup.
  • @Pancho
    ProperTree is easy enough to use. just put your files in its corresponding folders ie Kexts for .kext folders, Drivers for the .efi, ACPI for the .aml, then in ProperTree, load your config.plist, then set the directory to the OC folder. clear comments and then OC clean snapshot sa menu. afterwards, configuration na lang kulang.

also, use the https://opencore.slowgeek.com/ site to validate your config.plist

-- edited by pektus on Sep 17 2020, 03:13 PM
  • Thank you sa tips, newbie (mukang 1337 ka though) and pektus. I vaguely remember reading/watching something that said something na once macOS is installed, pede na mag upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur. Is that true?
  • Another thing: re ProperTree, sa Catalina setup ko (real MBP) walang nagiging greyed out ‘yung options, after I load my plist, so I cannot do the Snapshot thing (like on Chris Titus’ video sa YouTube)
  • Another thing: re ProperTree, sa Catalina setup ko (real MBP) walang nagiging greyed out ‘yung options, after I load my plist, so I cannot do the Snapshot thing (like on Chris Titus’ video sa YouTube)

what python version were you using, and did you get propertree via git, or you downloaded the zip file? sa case ko naman, am using python 3.2 on linux, pag load ko ng plist file, napupunta sa background yung window na pipili ng plist hehehehe
  • what python version were you using, and did you get propertree via git, or you downloaded the zip file? sa case ko naman, am using python 3.2 on linux, pag load ko ng plist file, napupunta sa background yung window na pipili ng plist hehehehe

Not sure which version of Python I’m using; I got the zip file (which Safari automatically extracted). One of my notebooks is on the latest version of Catalina.

I’m thinking of maybe waiting for the public release of Big Sur nalang before I install it to my desktop, using OpenCore.

Can anyone see an issue if my other SSD/HDD’s are on NTFS? Currently using Windows kasi on my SSD’s, and am going to install Big Sur on another one. Would it be able to read/write to NTFS natively? Sa mga MBP ko kasi, I think I installed a 3rd party app pa.
  • @pancho, same lang bro read support lang NTFS sa macOS natively. You have to install another app for read and write support.
  • ^ i have another drive for data which is shared among Windows, macOS and Linux.

I prefer that macOS has readonly access to my Windows drive (NTFS) and Linux (EXT4), as it would leave files (indices) that only macOS uses/understand.

for the common/data drive, i use exFat - RW to Linux, macOS and Windows.
  • ^ yeah those DS_Store files are such an annoyance haha. I personally format my external drives to exFAT as well hehe
  • to add: Didn't know macOS had native ext4 capabilities. Galing! Haha on windows kasi I use an app pa to access ext4 partitions (mainly when auditing custom android ROM images which have ext4 images hehe)
  • ^ sorry, I should have been clear. I use FUSE to read EXT.
  • Finally I am able to get Clover to work with 10th gen.

have submitted a few (Clover) bugs relating to OC Quirks.
  • CS:GO

• May nakatry na gumamit ng Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 with a Hackintosh? Will it just magically pair after I plug these to my PC on Hackintosh?

And shempre, after a day chaka ko lang na alala na may Asus USB-BT400 Bluetooth Adapter pala ako, so ito gagamitin ko to pair with the Magic Keyboard and Trackpad :-)

-- edited by pancho on Sep 26 2020, 02:57 PM
  • ^ Yes! I use the same setup hehe. You're probably going to need these kexts for native Bluetooth support: <click here for link> pero after that, it'll pair up nicely with the BT400. ????

• ^ Yes! I use the same setup hehe. You're probably going to need these kexts for native Bluetooth support: <click here for link> pero after that, it'll pair up nicely with the BT400. ????

Thanks, that’s awesome! Can’t wait for the public release of Big Sur, so I can resume this project. :-)
  • Question naman mga sirs:
    hardware: Dell Latitude E5470
    Clover r5122
    Catalina 10.15.7

1. what is your recommendation for a bluetooth USB dongle?
    2. currently have an Intel and Realtek combo cards - can't get them to work :(
    3. any tips to get AirPods gen2 running?

Thank you!
  • ^

1. The cheap ones that say CSR 4.0 or BT 4.0 work fine. You can get them as cheap as 60 pesos online if you know where to look.

2. Those won't work especially Intel. Realtek may chance pa but better read the Wireless Buyer's Guide: <click here for link>

3. AirPods will work fine as long as you have Bluetooth working on your hack.
  • upgraded my rig to ryzen 7 3700x + msi x570 tomahawk wifi. interesting to note that intel ax200 that is built-in to this motherboard is supported via AirportItlwm, so i removed my dw1820a with riser card.

i followed the dortania guide from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#starting-point, and the only thing i changed was SetupVirtualMap = No
  • In case you guys missed it, OpenCore has been updated to 0.6.2 with support for ALL macOS releases with Intel support (yes from 10.4 Tiger to 11.0 Big Sur!!)
    <click here for link>

Brings back old memories of Hackintoshing in the early days. I remember back in '07 when I was messing with getting Leopard to work on my Pentium 4 machine lol. Someone from the OpenCore team actually tried to install all macOS Intel releases on one box: <click here for link>
  • mga kuys sino sa inyo nakapag try sa intel dual band wifi to make it work stable. currently im using mojave on msi laptop. pabili na sana ako ng usb dongle i thought di sya uubra pero nakapag try ako some kext from github which nag work naman pero di ganun ka stable may time na nawawala lalo na pag idle.