Forum Topic

HD|FullHD|UltraHD|4K TV Thread: No Store Promotion and Piracy (FAQ @ page 631)

• Hi Guys,

I need your help.

I bought an LA32R81 last year and from time to time, watch DiVX Movie trailer and sometimes play games on my PC using DVI to HDMI Dongle conencted to HDMI2 input on the TV which has Right and Left Audio RCA ports.
    I recently upgraded my video card in that PC last week then decided to test it last night. Video is OK but the audio port won\'t work. I tried to isolate the port by attaching the DVD audio cables (known to work on the same monitor on a different slot) to HDMI2\'s RCA Audio ports. I also tried an MP3 player, still no sound.

What could possibly have gone wrong?

Hope someone could help.

thanks! :)
  • @johnnydls

NICE!!! =D
  • Thanks ! Ice :)
  • @JohnL
    try sa menu bro, instead of automatic disable the audio feature from the HDMI input.
    di lang ako familiar sa samsung pero..technically dapat sa auto mode tumunog na yan eh..
  • tol johnny akin yan uli ha ..... Pls.
  • Hi Guys,

I need your help.

I bought an LA32R81 last year and from time to time, watch DiVX Movie trailer and sometimes play games on my PC using DVI to HDMI Dongle conencted to HDMI2 input on the TV which has Right and Left Audio RCA ports.
    I recently upgraded my video card in that PC last week then decided to test it last night. Video is OK but the audio port won\'t work. I tried to isolate the port by attaching the DVD audio cables (known to work on the same monitor on a different slot) to HDMI2\'s RCA Audio ports. I also tried an MP3 player, still no sound.

What could possibly have gone wrong?

Hope someone could help.

thanks! :)

@ninjababez
    try sa menu bro, instead of automatic disable the audio feature from the HDMI input.
    di lang ako familiar sa samsung pero..technically dapat sa auto mode tumunog na yan eh..
    Hi Sir,
    Thanks for your prompt response.

I haven\'t changed anything in the Samsung HDTV setting. The only recent change that happened was my new video card. Of course, I had to unplug/replug audio cables at the back of the motherboard.

I tried surfing and playing w/ the menu options. Still no audio. :(

Could it be something else?
  • mga dude help naman.

i just bought a sony bravia W series 32\"

try ko kabit sa laptop ko via hdmi to hdmi walang sound na lumalabas, driver problem ba to? kase driver manufacturer na ang gamit ko. (sorry kung wrong post)

sinubukan ko kase sa xbox meron naman eh, hdmi to hdmi.

salamat...

may hdmi port yung laptop mo? or gumagamit ka ng adaptor? afaik di talaga gumagana audio pag connected sa video card.
  • @chomi HDMI 1? or 1.3?
  • @chomi_24

dude read this forum from nvidia.

<click here for link>
  • @chomi_24 - i have also a laptop with hdmi and only 8400gs video. gumagana naman ang audio sa hdmi both vista and xp. please check what ripsta187 suggested, i think isa don ang problem mo.

one more, kung xp ang OS mo check mo yong volume control minsan bumagabagsak sa zero pag nagswitch ka ng default audio device.

-- edited by APJC on Apr 16 2009, 04:04 PM
  • Sony bravia klv 40s400a

hehehe... =)

-- edited by zenneeon2_aka_ZenNeeoN2 on Apr 16 2009, 05:01 PM

-- edited by zenneeon2_aka_ZenNeeoN2 on Apr 16 2009, 06:48 PM

• imho yung effect na 100hz makes the movie like a cheap teleserye hehe..
  • Hi matanong lang, yung mga TV ba ngayon eh pwede ng i-connect sa PC? Gaano kalaki ang marerecommend niyo for PC gaming, and movies na rin, gusto ko kasi malaki screen eh..

TIA
  • Hi

Ask ko lang po kung bakit ung LCD TV ko po hanggang 720p lang kaya pag HDMI gamit pero pag component cable kaya po nya 1080p. gamit ko pong HDMI cable from PS3 is ver 1.3.

Help naman po.

Thanks!!!
  • I haven\'t changed anything in the Samsung HDTV setting. The only recent change that happened was my new video card. Of course, I had to unplug/replug audio cables at the back of the motherboard.

mga dude help naman.
    i just bought a sony bravia W series 32\"
    try ko kabit sa laptop ko via hdmi to hdmi walang sound na lumalabas, driver problem ba to? kase driver manufacturer na ang gamit ko. (sorry kung wrong post)
    sinubukan ko kase sa xbox meron naman eh, hdmi to hdmi.

salamat...

right click mo sound icon sa desktop mo
    choose HDMI out as your default playback device.

-- edited by ninjababez on Apr 17 2009, 07:32 AM
  • I haven\'t changed anything in the Samsung HDTV setting. The only recent change that happened was my new video card. Of course, I had to unplug/replug audio cables at the back of the motherboard.

right click mo sound icon sa desktop mo
    choose HDMI out as your default playback device.

Hi Sir,

I don\'t think my nVidia GTS 250 has audio channel via DVI to HDMI dongle.
    Based from what I\'ve read from the web, HDMI is a DVI + Audio interface which means DVI port does not carry audio channels.

I attached My DVD Audio Out (w/c works in another port at the back of my TV) to the HDMI2\'s Audio-In RCA jack, still no sound.

To clarify my issue:
    I bought a Samsung LA32R81 last year which I occasionally use to play DiVX / MKV via my PC\'s DVI out (using an HDMI adapter).
    The HDMI Cable is connected to HDMI2 w/c has RCA

I connected a 3.5 Audio Cable from my PC to the back of my HDTV (RCA Audio). My Motherboard\'s has 6 Fully Configurable Realtek Audio Ports.

I rarely use it but never failed to entertain me w/ HD Content (Audio / Video).

I upgraded to the following:
    CPU - E7400 @ 2.8Ghz
    Video Card (nVidia GTS 250 1gb DDR3)
    4GB Ram
    WinXP SP3

Right after connecting everything back, I decided that I have to test the HDMI connection.
    Alas, no audio.

At first, I thought it was the PC setting, so I swapped the jack to a known good audio port at the back of my Motherboard, no sound.

Second step, I thought it was the audio cable, I attached an MP3 Player directly to the back of my HDTV\'s HDMI2\'s RCA Audio In Port (where my PC Audio Cable was previously known to work before my upgrade). Display was there but still no sound.

Last step to isolate if it\'s the HDTV or just the HDMI2\'s Audio RCA Port, I swapped my DVD Audio Cable (known to work on another audio port at the back of my TV) to the HDMI2\'s Audio RCA Port. Still no sound.

:(

Have I missed anything?
    Hope someone can help.

TIA! :)
  • @JohnL -

Based from what I\'ve read from the web, HDMI is a DVI + Audio interface which means DVI port does not carry audio channels.

hindi komo DVI ang connector ng video card ay wala ng kasamang audio. most of the video cards today support HDMI at may kasama na sya normally na dvi-hdmi adapter. but i don\'t know about gts 250

looks like nadisable ang RCA input coz ang connected na ngayon is hdmi and not dvi anymore. kung ganon nga ang case it means may audio lumalabas galing sa video card mo and you don\'t need that rca audio input anymore. please check the following:

1. on your pc make sure na nakadefault ang hdmi as audio device under playback devices at di zero ang volume level.
    2. on your TV, make sure that \"Internal Mute\" is off under Menu-->Sound
  • ^
    Hi Sir,

Where in XP can I set HDMI as audio device?
    Where can I find \"Internal Mute\" in Samsung HDTV Menu?
  • 1. sa xp di nga hdmi ang name nya. so what you need to do is try every available audio devices and set it as default then test it.

2. on your remote control press Menu, then arrow down to go to sound. sa right side makikita mo na yong \"Internal Mute\"
  • good pm mga sir,

@ all

ano best buy na 32\" LCD tv ngayon?

and how much?

TIA
  • @all

Im planing to buy an LCD tv next payday. pero sagad na sagad po budget ko. tanong ko lang po kung ano ba ang PINAKAMURA na 37\" lcd. and 32\".. kahit anong brand po basta yung mura talaga. meron ako mga naka dito sa TPC tcl and protech yung tatak nasa 20k to 23k lang. mga 32 inchers lang yun. gusto ko rin po sana 37\" para malaki talaga. so ano po ang pinakamura na 32 and 37? kahit anong brand po.. thanks idol!
  • yup..best buy na 32\" or 40\"?
    yung bang for the buck ika nga ;)
  • 32\" Union lcd tv
    nakita ko sa sm hypermarket - php 19,999
    im not sure though sa performance and quality..

sa electric fan ata maganda yang brand na yan..hehe
  • Hi

Ask ko lang po kung bakit ung LCD TV ko po hanggang 720p lang kaya pag HDMI gamit pero pag component cable kaya po nya 1080p. gamit ko pong HDMI cable from PS3 is ver 1.3.

Help naman po.

Thanks!!!
  • @JohnL -

hindi komo DVI ang connector ng video card ay wala ng kasamang audio. most of the video cards today support HDMI at may kasama na sya normally na dvi-hdmi adapter. but i don\'t know about gts 250

Based on the Galaxy Gefore GTS 250 manual

For HDMI Audio, NVIDIA requires you to feed an external audio source, for example from your motherboard\'s on-board audio, to the card via SPDIF cable

@ JohnL is this how yours is setup?

-- edited by johnnydls68 on Apr 18 2009, 09:16 AM
  • @JohnL

if you want an audio output with HDMI cable, you rather use ATi video cards like the HD4600 or HD4800 series because they have built-in audio chip in their GPU so there is no need for external audio connection like Nvidia set-up does... Nvidia GPU doesn\'t have built-in audio that is why they do not have audio output on their HDMI connection...
  • @JohnL
    misquote bro :)
    anyway viper01 is right, 4670 bang for the buck gaming and ht card ;)

• The Pioneer BDP-51FD my new toy for the Kuro :)

-- edited by johnnydls68 on Apr 20 2009, 12:49 PM
  • Need advice on what I should get for the PS3

1. Samsung T260HD 26\" 1080p = 22900
    2. Panasonic 32LE8 32\" 720p = 25500
    3. Toshiba 32av550e 32\" 720p = 27000
    4. Samsung Series 4 32\" 720p = 28000

I\'d love to get the 32\" Full HD but I\'m sticking to a 30K budget.