Forum Topic

The Coolers Thread: CPUs / GPUs / HSFs / Fans: New Products and Reviews

• @STASIS

Thanks, exactly what I needed. Never thought of checking Kryosheet's page for the sizes. :O
  • np... matagal naman shelf life ng mga phase change materials... lagay lang sa freezer kung puputulin para mas maayos, madali at mabilis...
  • It's a Sunday, so I decided to clean my NH-D15. Binaklas ko and tinesting ko yung stock hsf that comes with the 5600X for the first time with tim pre-applied.

Temp result with stock AMD cooler after idling 10 mins in game:

Temp result with NH-D15 after idling 10 mins in game, same location:

No overclocking or undervolting applied. Ang laki ng difference, tumaas din fps because of the higher core clocks due to lower temp. So get a decent budget cooler,30$ upwards? rather than using the stock cooler if you can.

-- edited by BCFreeman on Apr 07 2024, 03:36 PM
  • hahaha... yung dating planong malaki laking us cleaner eh nasa plano pa rin... prioritize ko na kaya muna yun hahaha...

sarap magbabad ng heatsink sa ultra sonic cleaners...

@BCF: salapakan mo na ng phase change material yang proc and nh-d15...
  • @STASIS

Yung ganito ba? Ngayon ko lang nakita new tech na to hehe! btw MX-5 gamit ko na thermal paste, naubos na kasi yung included na NT-H1 with NH-D15

-- edited by BCFreeman on Apr 09 2024, 08:14 PM
  • @BCF

thermal grizzly kryosheet

<click here for link>

honeywell ptm7950

available sa ratsada at shakee...

meron din ibang brands na may pcm din sila... try maxtor...

• -- edited by STASIS on Apr 14 2024, 10:18 PM
  • Late sharing. Hirap talaga magmaintain ng malaking PC like the Meshify 2 XL. Was able to finish cleaning it with the help of my gf.

Before and during cleaning:

After

Takeaways

I'm still unable to install the Arctic Freezer III 420 since wala pa rin silang mount for the 1151 platform. But I'm already muling sa idea to upgrade sa AMD platform para magamit ko rin.

As for the Air Ducts, I've used it to counter that big dead zone dun sa Bgears Fans. Was able to push more air without increasing fan speed and was also quieter.

Might abandon the use of Thermal Pads altogether and use Upsiren's Thermal Putty. No need to worry about which thickness to purchase. Performance wise, I was able to:

1. lower VRAM Temps from 82c to 77c.
    2. GPU and HotSpot hovered at 72c under heavyload like MadVR high settings (i.e. NGU High chroma and Luma), Shadow of the Tomb Raider @2k res ultra.

Shround Mod does help a lot so I suggest to find a 3d print model for your specific cards using such mods - you're mileage will vary depending sa popularity ng cards.

Never use Copper without any Nickel plating not unless pure Copper talaga which Siappe do not sell (puro may halo), or else magkakaroon ng hardening between the liquid metal and copper. It's recommended to use the stock ihs that it clean and free of any Silicone gasket.

-- edited by RyuzakiL on Apr 28 2024, 01:15 AM