Forum Topic

Pldt fiber 1899 (25mbps) vs converge 1500 (25mpbs)

• Hello po been having problem with PLDT DSL lang naman kaya lang the problem is di nila maayos yung concern 5 technicians already visited our house and the last one gave up sabi pa disconnect ko na Wala na daw pag asa. I called 171 again and they offered to migrate na lang ako to fibr plan which is PLDT FIBR 1899 (25mbps speed + landline). I am also considering na din to switch over to converge(25mbps speed). Any feedbacks po for the said plans, I’m torn between switching to converge and upgrading my plan to PLDT FIBR. help naman po, thanks.
  • If converge is available in your area. get it. Much cheaper. But I'm using PLDT Fiber for the past 2 years. I was able to do livestreaming because of it. Worth it.

My Channel <click here for link>
  • the only advantage you'll get from pldt fiber is the bundled landline over converge for that price range and the ordeal of migrating your dsl to pldt fiber requires an endless patience
  • Post deleted #12203254
  • I guess no one mention this, but converge can only guarantee about 30% of the subscribed speed, so if you subscribed to lets say their 25mbps and you only get like 8mbps then that is expected since its only the 30% of the guaranteed speed,

compare that to PLDT that most of the time, if you subscribed to lets say 20mbps, you get 20mbps at least on most commonly used services, in torrents sometimes they throttle it but not as bad as converge do. I do experience really slow download speed on peak hour 3pm-11pm with converge, I only get like 5mbps while watching a youtube video, its horrible and this is a controlled test with only 1 laptop connected wired and wireless disabled on router.

there are also advantages with PLDT and that is the public IP so if your a console gamer that like to go play online then PLDT is a must go, Converge no, keep dreaming if your on a residential plan.

-- edited by polka on Mar 01 2019, 08:21 AM
  • If may available port for fiber sa PLDT mo, go for it. If wala and converge is available, lipat ka na
  • Kung merong Fibr Na fiber optic sainyo yung techs na bumisita na sayo nagrecommend nun. Pero yung isa sabi idisconnect mo na lang. So kung may Fibr dyan sa area niyo, VDSL lang yun eh kung pangit dsl line mo pangit din magiging vdsl mo so lipat ka na lang converge kung meron na sainyo. At least dun sure fiber optic

-- edited by LordStark on Nov 17 2020, 12:28 PM