Forum Topic

The Movies Thread (Ratings, Reviews and Recommendations. Spoilers not allowed.)

• Dune Part 2

5/5 - Arguably better than Dune Part I
  • City Hunter (Netflix)

Im just 20mins into the movie and here I am raving about it. Wala ako idea sa anime nito and di ko alam ang mythos pero na impressed ako. Well maganda ang fight choreography at maganda din naman ang sfx. As for the story, maganda din ang takbo. Hilarious din. Parang kuha ata yung humor ng anime.

Anyway that's all for now. Na share ko lang advance kasi interesting yung nakita ko sa loob lang ng 20mins.
  • Dune Part 2

5/5 - Arguably better than Dune Part I

Let me help.... Basically there are the 3 Act structure in a movie, the setup, confrontation and resolution. 3/4 of Part 1 is ACT 1, and the rest (Part 2), makes the narrative complete.

Food Inc. 2 (2023)

The first made noise back in 2008, nothing new in this documentary, same old danger and the real threat is monopoly.
  • ^ What I meant is there were no boring scenes that I've watched in Part 2 vs Part 1 (4/5). Every part/segment should be that good. Now the wait for Part 3 (last) begins :)

-- edited by BCFreeman on Apr 25 2024, 09:25 AM
  • Rebel Moon Part 2: The Scargiver 3/10

- Too much slow motion. Effective sa movie na 300, pero dito parang nasobrahan naman at nakakasawa na.
    - Sobrang cliche
    - I'm starting to fall asleep halfway...not very engaging, pinilit ko lang talagang tapusin
    - They're trying to do a character development, pero parang di mo maramdaman yung sympathy or you can't relate to them.
    - 7 Samurai vibe talaga.
    - "To find her and to fight" is cringe-worthy.

Its just me, di ko talaga nagustuhan, kahit sobrang hilig ko sa mga sci-fi movies.
    Dune is way way up ahead compare to this.

-- edited by starwin14 on Apr 25 2024, 05:27 PM
  • Now the wait for Part 3 (last) begins :)

yup...after the success of Dune, they will bring Messiah (Book 2) ending it as a trilogy........ The prequel (novel trilogies) is a closer wait, Dune: The Prophecy,
    OG title, Dune: Prophecy, is on the way as a TV Series. 6 Eps for S01, as announced.
  • Love Lies Bleeding (2024)

Whaaat?! A24 .... a good movie with a stupid ending, what was that bout?? LOL!!
    Nevertheless, it' a great ride. A lesbo (no harm meant) crime thriller showing the confident glamor and dirt of 1980s. An engaging violent plot! an A grade perf for the cast.s