*** The TPC Android application IS NOT OFFICIAL. Use it at your own risk! ***
Using the app GIVES THE DEVELOPER ACCESS TO YOUR LOGIN DETAILS.

Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• Hi, ask lang po ako ng recommendation for soundcard para magamit ko po yung optical ng Astro A50 headphones ko sa PC. Currently kasi nasa 3.5mm lang sya hindi ko naeexperience yung 7.1 Dolby nya.

Ito po yung headphones:
    http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/A50-GEN2.html
  • http://gameranx.com/updates/id/92470/article/top-5-gaming-headsets-for-2017-pro/

nice siberia 800 prin hehe.. still enjoying mine syang lumabas bigla bluetooth version nya
  • Sirs hope may makatulong sakin. Yung ATP 3 ko medyo bumibigay na right speaker not sure why. Meron ba ako mabili na sound bar na may sub out para magamit ko pa rin yung sub ng ATP 3 ko?
  • Sirs hope may makatulong sakin. Yung ATP 3 ko medyo bumibigay na right speaker not sure why. Meron ba ako mabili na sound bar na may sub out para magamit ko pa rin yung sub ng ATP 3 ko?
    kung naka 5.1 soundcard ka, pede mo naman kabit yung sub sa sub-out nung soundcard and set it up to output 5.1
  • 3.5mm lang soundcard ko e hehe saka walang sound yung sub pag hindi naka connect yung bumibigay na right speaker, andun kasi yung volume, bass at treble controls :-/
  • Ano kaya problem pag mas malakas ung R channel kesa sa L channel ng speakers? maaayos pa kaya un? Altec Lansing VS4121 pa speakers ko
  • ^

baka sa settings lng ng panning? check mo sa source..
  • Hi All!

Sino rito gumagamit ng JBL LSR305? Yung right and left speakers ba ganito itsura? Or yung isa active/powered tapos yung isa passive?

• is it worth it to use any bluetooth speaker bars? kahit JBL or any mid-high end brand?
  • Hi All!

Sino rito gumagamit ng JBL LSR305? Yung right and left speakers ba ganito itsura? Or yung isa active/powered tapos yung isa passive?

Sir ronnel, hindi siya sold in pairs. It is a standalone speaker so both units are powered and have the same exact layout as the other one.
    It's the same with the Yamaha HS7 that I use so 2x power cords for the speakers instead of 1 socket. You may want to get a volume control box (aka preamp) to connect to it using RCA to TS cables for connectivity. If you don't have a preamp, you can hook it up directly from the DAC and control the volume using your source (DAP or PC). I personally prefer to use a preamp since it has remote control for volume, mute and input switches.

-- edited by majingotan on Feb 22 2017, 12:48 PM
  • ^ That's what I thought. Ang gastos sa saksakan nito. :3

Anyway, I was thinking of partnering it with a Schiit Jotunheim and Schiit Modi Multibit. I was considering the Vali 2 offered to me. Partneran ko na lang sana ng Schiit Multibit. Good-bye Jotunheim kapag kinuha ko yung Vali 2.
  • Question po... gagana po ba ang standard microphone dito sa Aux input ng Edifier R1280T? (if provided with 1/4? adapter to dual RCA)

• Regarding bookshelf speakers.

Are the bass of PHP 5-8k bookshelf speaker better than those of bluetooth speakers at the same price range?

Lets say Edifier R1280T or the Giga T40. Much better if you have other suggestions.

I have no experience with bookshelf speakers.
  • Are the bass of PHP 5-8k bookshelf speaker better than those of bluetooth speakers at the same price range?

Comparing my Edifier R1280T (price range was around 2.5k only) to my Braven Balance BT speakers (bought around 5.8k) I think the Edifier still boasts deeper bass than that of the Braven. May woofer din kasi yung R1280T maliit nga lang. I can't say for the Gigaworks T40 hindi ko pa narinig yun e (although if budget was not an issue I may have gotten that over the R1280T hehe)
  • @krpk

Are the bass of PHP 5-8k bookshelf speaker better than those of bluetooth speakers at the same price range?

Lets say Edifier R1280T or the Giga T40. Much better if you have other suggestions.

Of course mas maganda ang bass ng dedicated bookshelf speakers compared sa BT speakers since may dedicated bass ports mga yun at pwede din active speakers sya then amplified by those ports.

Sa BT speakers naman, depende sa model or technology, but most of the time ay passive bass ports gamit nya at nagrereflect lang sa surface na pinapatungan nya para lumalim ang bass, for example ay yung mga Oontz Angle BT speakers
  • @Yohan831 and fakuryu

Thanks for the quick response! Even though it should be a no-brainer answer I suppose, still better to have feedbacks from actual user or have experienced it.

I guess its time for some auditioning. Thanks!
  • @krpk

Kung hinahanap mo yung bluetooth feature and that bookshelf speaker sound... meron mga bookshelf speakers with bluetooth functionality. Yun lang hindi sila yung portable / rugged / beach party device na pwede mo i-charge. Kailangan naka plug sila sa AC outlet dahil hindi sila battery powered but they sound great.

Take a look at the Edifier R1280DB, R1800BT, and R2000DB bookshelf speakers. Lahat sila may bluetooth capability and pasok sa Php 5K - 8K budget range. Personally I'm using the Edifier R2000DB and so far satisfied naman ako sa sound niya. I keep it at 30% - 40% volume levels kasi masyado na malakas ang sound niya for my computer room (4x3 square meter area).
  • Question po... gagana po ba ang standard microphone dito sa Aux input ng Edifier R1280T? (if provided with 1/4? adapter to dual RCA)

It won't work. Sobrang hina sigurado ng output niyan. Kuha ka ng microphone preamp tapos hook up mo yun sa edifier
  • I have both the T40 and R2000DB, and can honestly say R2000DB is the better speaker.. ginamit ko nga lang sa TV namin, since bulky ang R2000DB. T40 Ok naman din SQ kapag close listening lang naman, and more compact as well.
  • @ sleepygeepy and Thakker

Thanks for the inputs! Those Edifiers looks good, this will narrow down my search so thanks!

RCA + Optical input with remote to change source is really a big plus for my needs.

Coming from a 2.1 (z2300), I need to change to a bookshelf type but I still want some bass that's why I came here for all your advice.

Any other recommendation are welcome.
    Basically what I'm looking for are - good enough bass, RCA+Optical inputs with a budget of 8k. Thanks!
  • Any other recommendation are welcome.
    Basically what I'm looking for are - good enough bass, RCA+Optical inputs with a budget of 8k. Thanks!

Swans HiVi D1010-IV 2.0 :D

wala nga lang yan optical input
  • @fakuryu

That's one on my list too, Thanks!. Though since I just found out that Optical input are available on some of the bookshelf speaker within my budget, it's a game changer.

I will be using the speaker with PC + Console (1 monitor) so having that optical input will lessen the hassle of changing source.

Also this will improve the sound quality as I wont be on Monitor Sound output. PC+Console>HDMI>Monitor>Audio out. Yep my speaker is plugged into my Monitor, loss of sound quality everywhere.
  • It won't work. Sobrang hina sigurado ng output niyan. Kuha ka ng microphone preamp tapos hook up mo yun sa edifier

you're right, sobrang hina ng output, but it actually worked. pero wala pa rin wenta haha!
  • @krpk

Why not use an external DAC gaya ng Encore ENMA? Unless na yung mobo mo is one of those mobos with a really good DAC gaya ng mga Gigabyte Gaming or ASUS ROG?

Setup ko is mobo > Encore ENMA DAC > Creative Giga T20

Parang okay ang FiiO K1 DAC + Swans HiVi D1010-IV 2.0
  • @fakuryu

I'll keep my options open regarding the use of DAC, thanks for the suggestion. I only have a normal mobo soundcard btw.

Reading reviews on some of my choices. Now I hope I find some shop that I can audition those items.
  • @krpk
    Reading reviews on some of my choices. Now I hope I find some shop that I can audition those items.

This is a nice review of the Edifier R2000DB
    <click here for link>

If you want to audition the Edifier speakers first, you might have a hard time looking for a shop with demo units. I'm not sure if there are shops out there that are willing to open up a new box for auditioning.

If you want to audition a couple of bookshelf speakers, one option is to buy a budget T-amp like the H&V HV-50 (Php 3.5K) then bring it to an AV / home theater shop. There you can politely ask which bookshelf speakers will be a good match for your T-amp. I think most shops will be willing accommodate your request and wire up the T-amp + speakers for you so you can audition them.

There are passive bookshelf speakers that cost around Php 7K ~ 8K like the Polk Audio T-15 or the Wharfedale Diamond 210 etc and they are often discounted when paid in cash. I think the T-amp + passive bookshelf speaker combo will sound a lot better than just getting a powered bookshelf speaker like the Edifier R2000DB.
  • @sleepygeepy

Indeed, only saw a few seller of that Edifier R2000DB. They review is nice and almost tempting. One of the selling point of this one for me is the Optical In.

DAC or Amp + Speaker is really interesting. Reading through this thread, having a good Amp or DAC should be really paired with a good speaker to make the most out of both items. It's gonna be too much of an investment for me, a not so audiophile/enthusiast type of person.

Thanks!
  • @krpk

It's gonna be too much of an investment for me, a not so audiophile/enthusiast type of person.

There is no real need to spend that much paps. Gaya ng post ko sa taas about my setup:

Encore ENMA (500PHP) + Creative Gigaworks T20 Series 2 (3000PHP) is a very nice setup na since the sound signature ng T20 S2 is almost neutral with good bass quality (with depth and impact but does not rumble and go as low as a dedicated subwoofer)

Would I want something better? Maybe. Do I need to spend more? Maybe it is not really that necessary :D

I do suggest to look for an Encore ENMA first since PHP500 nalang sya sa bilihan ng mga CD. I know some audiophiles with really expensive equipment that still uses the ENMA, this might open up your current speakers and you might not really need to buy a new set
  • @fakuryu

I'm on the hunt for that encore, since feedbacks are very positive even with its price tag. The King is always out of stock :(

Still weighing my options as I'm not in the rush. Thanks!

-- edited by krpk on Feb 25 2017, 06:35 AM