*** The TPC Android application IS NOT OFFICIAL. Use it at your own risk! ***
Using the app GIVES THE DEVELOPER ACCESS TO YOUR LOGIN DETAILS.

Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• ^
    problem ko din yan e, hindi pa pwede gamitin yung analog ports lang?
  • Will you dig it? Or use your high-end motherboard built-in audio?

Creative Announces Sound BlasterX AE-5 Audiophile-grade Gaming Sound Card

<click here for link>
  • ^
    Actually yung ESS Sabre DAC is common among budget audiophile quality DAC's. It depends nalang on how the DAC was implemented and components used. Pero knowing Creative, that will be a somewhat overpriced soundcard catered more to the RGB / PC Gamer crowd. Also you will be at the mercy of Creative's driver support in case of issues.

For high quality audio or music listening, I think it is better to just buy an external USB DAC. You can probably get one that is better sounding for around the same price :-)

Edit: Here's one good example...

iFi Nano iDSD LE Php 6,660
    <click here for link>

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jun 14 2017, 10:51 PM
  • <click here for link>

Here's another good review of the R2000DB from someone who has a Passive Speaker and AMP. He compared it to his KEF Q7 which is an expensive floor standing speaker and claimed it is almost similar in Sound Quality except that the KEF ofcourse is much louder.

I also auditioned several passive +amp setups such as Pioneer Andrew Jones, Wharfedale DIamond, and the Edifier honestly is not that far behind that I would bother upgrading with 3-5x more cost than the R2000DB.

For others who are concerned about the DAC. I think it is an investment. Honestly, I cant listen to onboard sound for music anymore. They are lifeless. Inaudible noise does not necessarily equate to acceptable SQ. There is so much more dynamic range, detail, sense of space, punch, balance and sound stage when using a good DAC.

Just like sleepygeepy mentioned, there is that "something" that prevents you from going into groove without the DAC. There are things like timing, Jitter etc which are digital artifacts that are not necessarily audible noise, but it affects the overall perception of sound that makes you toe-tap. This is a highly debatable subject but per my experience there is a big difference. An I am not even using an expensive DAC, its just a Fiio E10 which is only around 70$. I'm planning to upgrade to a dragonfly red soon since I've seen glowing reviews of this DAC which can double as a portable dac for a smartphone.

-- edited by mykel_dg on Jun 22 2017, 04:26 PM
  • Regarding iFi Nano iDSD LE, do you have any idea how it compares to a Dragonfly Red/Black (ESS Sabre Chip used by several Astell & Kern players)? Im on the fence between the 2 since someone is selling me their iFi Nano for 5000. and the Dragonfly black costs the same.
  • Post deleted #11965691
  • Regarding iFi Nano iDSD LE, do you have any idea how it compares to a Dragonfly Red/Black (ESS Sabre Chip used by several Astell & Kern players)? Im on the fence between the 2 since someone is selling me their iFi Nano for 5000. and the Dragonfly black costs the same.
    \

go for it! the Dragonfly Black/Red can only play up to 24 bit/ 96 khz and has no support for DSD. the iFi Nano is far more capable than the Dragonfly.