*** The TPC Android application IS NOT OFFICIAL. Use it at your own risk! ***
Using the app GIVES THE DEVELOPER ACCESS TO YOUR LOGIN DETAILS.

Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• @sleepygeepy

I see the idea behind using an AMP/DAC. Gonna check those item you mentioned and also the seller.

Thanks again for the informative reply, you all guys are really helpful!
  • any reviews sa Rakk Daguob? and may rerecommend ba kayo na sub P500 na headset? thanks
  • ask lang po anong budget meal na headphone DAC/AMP, gagamitin po sa m40x wla kasi volume control/knob tong headset, onboard lng ako ngyon heheh

-- edited by JLsantiago on Feb 26 2017, 07:02 PM
  • ^
    Fiio Q1?
  • @lioma

pang desktop use sana sir
  • ^
    Take a look at ASUS Xonar U5 if you are looking for an affordable desktop style DAC/AMP to drive your headphones. Pero intended siya more for gaming and VOIP / headset use. Yung Xonar U7 is more expensive but most likely sounds better.

For music listening mas ok na mga portable FiiO DAC/AMP even if you have to plug them directly to your PC. Mas budget friendly kasi ang FiiO compared to buying a small desktop style AMP/DAC like JDSLabs O2+ODAC or the Schiit Modi + Magni. Yung benefit ng mga portable DAC/AMP is the battery power does make them clean sounding and pwede mo din gamitin on the go with a laptop or your smartphone.

Meron din mga affordable desktop style DAC/AMP ang SMSL pero hindi available locally and kailangan order sila through online shops.
  • @sleepygeepy

okay sir salamat icheck ko xonar, yan SMSL not available nga po ata yun mga desktop version na meron USB dito satin, un FiiO Q1 naman nasabi ni sir portable okay siya pero hanap ko sana yun walang battery mostly kasi PC use lang yun hindi ko na sana huhugutin.
  • @JLSantiago

Kung willing ka mag-order online from L*zad* available ang SMSL SD-793II headphone AMP/DAC for Php 2,990. Very affordable, well built, and maganda naman ang reviews online. You can also order from Shenzhen Audio and I think may shipping sila to PH.

Take note na wala siyang USB inputs pero meron siyang S/PDIF optical and coaxial inputs. So check kung may S/PDIF outputs ang motherboard mo.

Z Review - SMSL SD793II
  • @JLSantiago

I actually use the Q1 as my desktop AMP/DAC. Speakers use the onboard sound, but it automatically switches to headphones when I switch on the Q1.

-- edited by lioma on Feb 28 2017, 03:13 PM
  • @JLSantiago

I also forgot, look for FiiO E10K which is a budget desktop AMP/DAC. May coaxial output, line outputs siya if you want to plug in powered speakers. Then plug in your headphones sa front headphone out. Also has a big volume dial in front and nice aluminum casing. Check the review below from Headfonics:

The E10K Olympus 2 by FiiO

<click here for link>
  • Hi, ask ko lang what is the best equalizer on Realtek settings? or do you use other app to get a better audio quality?
  • Hi guys!

Sana matulungan nyo ko sa dilemma ko. Currently I have a Altec Lansing vs2621 2.1 speakers. Connected straight to PC and audio in sa monitor (If PS4 gaming). If I upgrade to a TV, optical lang ang meron siya, wala siyang 3.5mm input. Bale di ko magagamit speaker ko if mag PS4 ako.

My question is:
    1. May dac/amp/soundcard ba na may optical out and 3.5mm in? para magamit ko yung speaker ko sa TV (PS4 gaming)
    2. May difference ba sa quality ng sounds kung yung speaker eh nakaconnect sa TV vs rekta dun sa PS4 or PC?
  • @Esdeath

It depends on the external DAC but I think this is possible...

PS4 optical output >> External DAC >> Altec Lansing Speakers
    PC line-out or PC USB out >> External DAC >> Altec Lansing Speakers

Finding a DAC with both USB + Optical inputs might be challenging, but I think the FiiO E17K has both.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Mar 17 2017, 10:58 AM
  • Hello Guys,

I would like to ask for your opinion. I have a plain desktop setup and now I would like to venture into audio. I'm only using my motherboard's ( Asrock Z77 extreme 4 ) audio ports as of now and I want to get it amped. I'm looking for something I can use with my PC and will double as an on the go amp. Is there such a device ? If yes, can you please help me with it and is it available here in the PH ? Thanks !!!!
  • sleepygeepy Send Message View User Items on 17 Mar 17 @ 10:57 AM #
    @Esdeath

It depends on the external DAC but I think this is possible...

Finding a DAC with both USB + Optical inputs might be challenging, but I think the FiiO E17K has both.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Mar 17 2017, 10:58 AM

sinearch ko siya ang wala siyang optical inputs/outputs.
    btw can you explain further about:

bale ang need ko eh may optical input through dac then output 3.5mm? Sensya, 3.5mm lang ang alam kong connection. Di ko gets kung anong input/outputs ng DAC yung need ko :(

-- edited by Esdeath on Mar 17 2017, 11:23 AM
  • @Esdeath
    sinearch ko siya ang wala siyang optical inputs/outputs.

Sorry my mistake, I meant FiiO E17 not FiiO E17K. Yung E17 has a dual-mode optical / coaxial SPDIF input. So pwede ka gumamit ng optical cable from PS4 plugged to the FiiO E17 DAC/AMP.

bale ang need ko eh may optical input through dac then output 3.5mm?

Correct sir kailangan may line-out yung DAC either in 3.5mm form, or RCA jack na left + right. Yung FiiO E17 may headphone out, pero pwede mo naman i-plug yung speakers mo dun as long as set mo yung gain to 0 dB para hindi amplified ang audio signal papunta sa speakers.
  • @sleepygeepy

oks, gets ko na yung sa ps4. Pano naman kapag sa PC? usb input then line-out 3.5mm? Nag quick search ako ng E17 at 2012 pa pala ito, may nagbebenta pa ba nito? hahaha

thanks again sir
  • @Esdeath

Baka mahirap narin maghanap ng FiiO E17. Try mo sir maghanap ng Encore Enma DAC baka makakita ka pa sa hari ng cdr shops. Yung other alternative is oorder ka sa online websites ng USB DAC tulad ng SMSL or Topping brand.

Kung yung PC mo may SPDIF coaxial ouput, pwede yata ang FiiO Taishan D03K converter:

Pano naman kapag sa PC? usb input then line-out 3.5mm?

Yes yung digital audio stream from PC dadaan through USB input ng DAC, then i-co-convert yung digital stream to analog audio signal going out sa 3.5mm jack. Isipin mo nalang sir yung USB DAC parang USB external soundcard ng PC mo.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Mar 17 2017, 01:54 PM
  • @crischi
    I would like to ask for your opinion. I have a plain desktop setup and now I would like to venture into audio. I'm only using my motherboard's ( Asrock Z77 extreme 4 ) audio ports as of now and I want to get it amped. I'm looking for something I can use with my PC and will double as an on the go amp. Is there such a device ? If yes, can you please help me with it and is it available here in the PH ?

For starters take a look at FiiO portable DAC/AMPs like the Q1, Alpen 2 (E17K), and Kunlun (E18). They can be plugged to your PC and function as an external USB DAC and headphone amplifier in one device.

When on the go, you can unplug them from the PC and connect to your smartphone, tablet, digital audio player etc, and it will function as a standalone battery powered DAC/AMP for earphones or headphones.
  • @sleepygeepy

Thanks for the suggestions sir.. Which among those 3 you mentioned do you prefer the most ? Right now I do not have any high end ear/headphone but I do have plans to buy one in the future. I'm only using a ZST as of the moment.
  • @crischi

BTW those ZST IEM's look really nice. So far I only have the FiiO E17 "Alpen"which is an older version of the FiiO E17K "Alpen 2". It sounds very good and can easily drive most headphones or IEM's.

I think among the 3 models (Q1, E17K, E18) the E17K and the E18 are the best sounding. I will prefer the E17K because of the built-in screen and ability to adjust treble, bass, gain settings.
  • @sleepygeepy

Sir, I really appreciate your feedback. I'll check further details about the E17K. I'm on a tight budget right now so an amp may come in later.

Also ( If you do not mind ), I'm in the process of buying a new set of headphones. I'm picking between the ATH-M40x and the MDR7506 which are both on good prices if purchased through Amazon ( Pricey kasi parehas dito sa PH ). Which among these two do you suggest I should get ?
  • @crischi

Ah I have not heard those headphones yet, but the ATH-M40X has lots of good reviews. Since you are ordering from Amazon, there are a lot more choices and good deals. I suggest you take your time in picking the right headphone before buying because there are a lot of sale items in Amazon. Also beware of counterfeits.

Some headphones I would look at that is near your price range / budget:

- Sennheiser Momentum (original over-ear version)
    - Sennheiser HD598
    - Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
    - Audio Technica ATH-AD700X
    - Audio Technica ATH-A700X
    - Audio Technica ATH-M50X
    - V-MODA Crossfade M-80
    - Creative Aurvana Live!
    - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro

Personally I suggest looking for good prices on the Sennheiser HD598, Sennheiser Momentum, Audio Technica 900 / 700 series. BTW your choice of headphone will also depend on how you use it. Do you plan to use it in public or only at home?
  • @crischi

If budget is the problem, there is always the FiiO K1 which is compared favorably even to the much more expensive Cozoy Astrapi and Audioquest Dragonfly

http://headfonics.com/2016/01/the-k1-by-fiio/
  • @sleepygeepy @fakuryu

Thank you for the suggestions :)

Yes budget is a concern too. Though I am capable of purchasing overseas, I still consider the damage I'd take, alam nyo na di tayo pwede gumastos ng todo :D

I've been on the lookout for the HD598 too but it isn't on sale like the MDR7506 and the M40x which are both shown to cost less than $100 in amazon. I can consider getting the HD598 if only its price is closer to those two models I've been checking out lately..

Regarding the FiiO K1, I see that it has great reviews for its affordable price.I might take it over the previews amp suggestions purely because of its price. Is this available here in the PH ?
  • mga boss newbie here magtatanong lang sa mga mahilig pumunta ng raon may alam ba kayong konzert or any brand na 5 to 7k budget na magandang tumunog kahit 2 speaker lang na may kasama ng amplifier
  • @Espiya01

Kung ang budget mo nasa Php 5K - Php 7K consider mo narin ang Edifier R1800BT. Self powered bookshelf speakers siya so hindi na kailangan ng amplifier. Also may Bluetooth functionality so hindi naman kailangan ikabit directly sa kaniya ang audio source mo.

Yung alternative kasi is to get a cheap amplifier tulad ng Sakura or digital T-Amp (tulad ng H&V HV-50) for around Php 3.5K then look for passive bookshelf speakers worth Php 3.5K kung meron.
  • anu magandang portable speaker na under 2k php? salamat
  • Hello again guys..

I joined HEEP on FB and they have a GB for the Philips SHP9500. What do you think of these headphones ? A review I found says that it is a match for the Senn HD 600 which costs a lot. Also, is it easy to drive or do I need an amp ?
  • hi how do i use my steelseries siberia 800 wireless sa ps4 slim? no optical kasi ang ps4 slim.