Forum Topic

DD-WRT and Tomato open source supported router (CW-5354) from CD-R KING

CW-5354 is an open souce supported router from CD-R king. The original firmware is the latest DD-WRT VPN free version and makes it powerfull! I have tried other version of DD-WRT and Tomato ND version. all works!! 240MHz Broadcom CPU, 16M/4M flash and sdram, 2 Removable antennas are big plus!!

Great Deals to share~

CW-5354U is \"CW-5354\" + \"USB port\"+ \"32M/16M flashand sdram\", and with Tomato firmware flashed. EVEN Better!! <click here for link>

*USB port supports:
    -Print server : to print through wireless
    -BT downloader: download without PC
    -FTP server
    -Samba server
    -DLNA sever

Remember to Do a RESET before and after you flash any firmware~
    Noted from Motion55:
    You may have changed the MAC address of the router when you flashed to the new firmware. The default MAC address is being blacklisted by PLDT because it is being used by more than one MyDSL user. Reflashing back to the original does not seem to restore the original MAC address.

Your router\'s original MAC address is printed at the label under your router. You can enter than number in the router under Advanced->MAC Address. You can also clone the MAC address of your PC. After changing the MAC address, reboot the router.

*DUAL WAN ports
    Flash/upgrade to default or Tomato Dualwan Englsih version:
    <click here for link>
    -One LAN port becomes WAN2
    -USB port can be WAN2 for 3G modem

Information about setting Dualwan version

Loading balance: This is what we are thinking the wan1\'s bandwidth will add wan2\'s. Recommend if both WAN1 and Wan2 are from the same ISP such as both ADSL lines.

Intelligent Routing: This is for your WAN1 and WAN2, which are from different ISP. For example, WAN1 is from ADSL but WAN2 is from 3G. This helps the the router providing you the best speed of internet when two WANS from different ISP.

1.28.8800 MIPSR1_RAF K26 USB Ext-BT version
    From alanyu_ph:
    *build-in BT (BitTorrent)
    *Putting a bandwidth limiter to our router <click here for link>
    *Captive Portal to redirect users after a Welcome-Advertising Message (For Bar-Hotel-Gym-Library...)
    *BandWidth IP/MAC download/upload limiter extended up to 140 user
    Flash/upgrade to tomato RAF
    I was able to flash my router with tomato RAF using this link
    <click here for link>
    Hardware-wise the CW-5354U\'s closest relative is the Asus WL-500gP V2. K-2.6.22.MIPSR1

*Instruction of \"New\" USB storage to create swap for Tomato Dualwan and RAF version from Motion55
    <click here for link> \"Partitioned\" USB can refer to the link (P.69)

Note: -> means Enter key

Please unmount your USB storage from web GUI first

Telnet 192.168.1.1 (root/admin)
    fdisk /dev/sda
    Create swap: n -> p -> 1 -> (return) -> +512M -> t -> 82
    Create data: n -> p -> 2 -> (return) -> (return)
    Exit: w -> (return)

Activate swap:
    mkswap /dev/sda1
    swapon /dev/sda1

Then on the \"Run after mounting\" script, add the ff. line: swapon /dev/sda1

Once may swap file na, then you are ready to format the second partition to Ext3.

mke2fs -j -m 0 /dev/sda2

*Un-brick/Fix your CW-5354 or CW-5354U:

1. Download the right firmware to C:/
    2. Manually change your computer\'s IP to 192.168.1.33, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and default gateway 192.168.1.1
    3.go to cmd mode (START>RUN>cmd) and change directory to c:\\ (cd c:\\)
    4. type in command \"tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put xxxxxx.trx\" or \"tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put xxxxxx.bin\"(depends on the firmware\'s name) \"DO NOT PRESS enter YET!!\"
    5. Unplug the power, then Press re-set button while plug the power back in
    6. When the LAN or WAN port light start to on, release reset button, then press enter
    Then You should see the LAN port LED light flash, then below command line will show up. and \"Transfer successfull\" will show up. Wait 3-4 mins, and it;s done.
    PS: if it shows \"timeout occured\" it means something goes wrong. you can try several times!

*WDS/Repeater/Repeater bridge Reference page

WDS to extend range: <click here for link>
    Build a Wireless Bridge Using DD-WRT : <click here for link>

squid optware installation from fr3ak

1. prepare 1 usb stick for the /opt target installation <click here for link>
    2. install squid optware

#ipkg update
    # ipkg install squid

3. to add squid to startup add the line on your tomato. go to administration, scripts, WAN UP

/opt/etc/init.d/S80squid start

4. tick Save then reboot the router
    5. with SSH or telnet. Check if squid has been executed successfully

# ps | grep squid

6656 admin 572 S /opt/sbin/squid -f /opt/etc/squid/squid.conf
    6658 nobody 4468 S (squid) -f /opt/etc/squid/squid.conf
    9556 admin 452 R grep squid

6. to test with browser. change the proxy ip to your router ip then port 3128

check ko pa kung pano mag transparent proxy

*Using Default firmware or Dualwan version, which RESET button might NOT work, please do the following command to fix*

telnet 192.168.1.1 root/admin
    nvram set btn_reset=7
    nvram commit
    reboot

(you should also do the command after every successful RESET because Nvram will be clear)

*Make 5354U as scondary router From SIr Motion55
    Kung secondary router ang CW-5354U then dapat naka disabled ang WAN setting and select use WAN port as LAN. Sa LAN setting naman, dapat palitan ang IP address ng LAN port para imbes 192.168.1.1, magiging 192.168.1.2 subnet 255.255.255.0. Pero dapat ang gateway at DNS server ng secondary router ay 192.168.1.1. This assumes ang IP address ng primary router or gateway is indeed 192.168.1.1. Best is also to forward ports from the primary router used by your torrent rig (i.e. the secondary router).

Also don\'t forget to disable the DHCP server ng secondary router.

Primary router: 192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    WAN - DHCP
    DHCP server enabled.

seondary router: 192.168.1.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    WAN - disabled
    DHCP server disabled
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    DNS 192.168.1.1

-- edited by Ibrahimovic on Sep 26 2013, 02:17 PM
  • anong firmware versions ng DD-WRT . Tomato ginamit mo?
    ano specific firmare or generic broadcom lang?
  • 1. The CW-5354 is using DD-WRT VPN version(free version).

2. I have tried DD-WRT std, micro, mini, nokaid version all works

3. I have tried Tomato-1.27 ND version, it works(though, a little bit tricky because of PW issue~ research from dd-wrt official site)

-- edited by Ibrahimovic on Jan 25 2010, 02:09 PM
  • Maganda ito para sa mga hindi nangangailangan ng usb support.
  • buy this one last week~
    Can I change the firmware to STD version? I don\'t need VPN. I need PSP And xlink kai !

-- edited by ozaki on Jan 28 2010, 12:08 PM
  • yes! you can change to different dd-wrt version.
    download from dd-wrt website DD-WRT V24-sp2 (10/10/09) std.bin (the latest version)
    Administration>firmware upgrade
  • download from dd-wrt website DD-WRT V24-sp2 (10/10/09) std.bin (the latest version)

Thanks! It works! The router from CD-R king is much better than other router before and price is great as well!!
  • Thanks for sharing! I will buy this router and try it.

@Ibrahimovic - sir pa-OT naman, kasi po nag-flash ako ng Linksys WRT54g v5. I followed all the wiki instructions in dd-wrt.com by the letter, ok naman. Now, my question, paano niyo po iuupgrade yung DD-wrt sa loob ng router? Via the Webgui lang ba? Meaning,

lang po? Or do you have to repeat the whole process just to upgrade? Iba po ba ang pag-flash sa pag-upgrade? If so, paano po ba gawin, anung difference nila? Once you flash, tuloy tuloy na lang ba ang upgrade via the web gui lang? Or it depends sa kind ng router? Natatakot po kasi akong to \"brick\" my router and can\'t find other documentation to upgrade out there. Thanks for reading. :)
  • @HeatSink

according to DD-wrt website, Linksys wrt54g v5 is mirco version only~

to flash or upgrade \"dd-wrt or tomato\" firmware, cw-5354 you could upload on web gui. you might also flash firmware by TFTP. the process is as following~
    1.Copy the firmware file to c:\\
    2.manually set your computer¡¦s IP
    3.go to cmd mode (START>RUN>cmd)
    change directory to c:\\ (cd c:\\)

type in command
    tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put xxxxxx.trx
    or
    tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put xxxxxx.bin

PS: xxxxxxx.trx or xxxxxxx.bin is the firmware you want to upload,

DO NOT PRESS enter YET.

Before press enter, you must:

i.Unplug the power
    ii.Press re-set button while plug the power back in
    iii.When the WAN port light start to on, release reset button, then press enter

You should see the LAN port LED light flash, and it will show transfer successful! (if no, please try again!!)

Then wait at least 3 minutes and restart you router

DONE~

I have tried different routers and mostly \"tftp uploading\" works!

any question of flashing firmware you can count on me~lol

-- edited by Ibrahimovic on Mar 01 2010, 11:46 AM

-- edited by Ibrahimovic on Mar 03 2010, 12:22 PM
  • I am not 100% sure HTC magic will connect. But I think \"YES\", it will connect to cw-5354 because I use HTC diamond. I often use my facebook on my HTC diamond and it connects to cw-5354 very well~

PS: I used to have LP-8186, but I don\'t think it\'s as good as cw-5354. I think because of the routers chipset. (Broadcom and Realtek are not at the same level)

Also, I am not sure if cd-r king change model name cw-5354 to cw535400.

-- edited by ozaki on Feb 24 2010, 12:09 PM
  • hi~creonline,

No worries bro~ Hope CW535400(CW-5354) would works with your Magic without paying more!! It works or not, plz let me know, thanks

-- edited by ozaki on Feb 25 2010, 12:14 PM
  • do they have stocks for CW-5354.. i cant seen to find them sa cdrking near my location.. panay encore lang benta..
  • @creonline
    i just got mine yesterday.. but alas i think i bricked mine.. :(
    i was trying to put Tomato in it.. i did all the steps and suggestions.. no luck.. oh well.. :(
  • @creonline
    i was able to have the router, replaced the previous one was having a hard time connecting via pppoe... thats why i opted to replace it tomato...
    now i was able to connect via pppoe with no problems at all with the new router... :)
  • @ unimodem

I\'ve tested the flashiing process of cw535400(cw-5354) many times. As far as I know, this router would not be fully-bricked. In some some forum about dd-wrt and tomato, I found that it could be sloved 100% by \"Cisco TFTP server\". (This is a tool and if you still have problems, you could google it)

-- edited by ozaki on Mar 01 2010, 11:10 AM
  • @ozaki...
    im trying to upgrade mine with a tomato firmware..
    i got several files here sa zip file ng tomato firmware..
    tomato.trx
    WRT54G_WRT54GL.bin
    WRT54GS.bin

what is the best file to use? tomato.trx or WRT54G_WRT54GL.bin?
    or do you recommend using the tomato ND?

i can just stay with DD-WRT firmware included sa CW5354 but im having a problem sa PPPOE with PLDT.. there are times na it would connect.. and there are times na di talaga mag co-connect... but when i tried my old router connect sya agad...
    some said that tomato will can actually resolve the pppoe issue i have with pldt...

and what is the best way to flash? TFTP or on the gui itself lang?
  • @ unimodem

If you want to flash tomato, please use tomato 1.27-ND version. I\'ve tried that only Tomato ND version can run. For the way to flash Tomato, I suggest that you use web gui to flash first, if any problem occurs, then you could still tftp it.

Also, the tomato nd version is named xxxxxx.trx ; I think you could just rename it to xxxxxx.bin and upgrade it through dd-wrt web GUI. Then, you might need to reset the hardware (flash the nvram)

PS:I\'ve tried works! because I am using Tomato 1.27-ND now, if you have any question, you could PM me as well~

-- edited by ozaki on Mar 01 2010, 11:56 AM
  • @ozaki

Thanks!! im running tomato 1.27 ND na.. :)
    and PPPOE works immediately... on dd-wrt it just took me forever to connect..
    now it only took seconds.. :)
  • another reseller of the CW-5343 from Catch-Tec... :) <click here for link>

according to the site.. Transmit Power Adjustment (0-251mW, default is 28mW, 100mW is safe) on my tomato default is 45mW... what is the safest?
  • up ko lang. interested din ako sa router na ito
  • @pbatacan
    bili bili na.. :)
  • @ unimodem

IF the default (45mW) is enough for your use, just leave it default. If you need adjust it higher, just have it a little distance from people I think under 250mW is also fine.

PS: As far as I know some devices says it 1000mW or even higher is not good for indoor user really~
  • up lang. detachable ba antena nito?
  • detachable pala hehe. wala pang stocks dito. kahit saang branch tinawagan ko wala raw
  • @pbatacan

It\'s 2 detachable antenna~
  • @ozaki
    i see.. i think 45mW is enough for me.. tama na abot garahe lang...
    I love the QoS ng tomato very useful talaga.. :D
  • @unimodem

does it easy to set QoS on Tomato?? My bro play games and sometimes a little bit laggggg. could it help if I set QoS in Tomato??
  • @Ibrahimovic - thanks for the instructions
  • itong version ng tomato gamitin nyo, <click here for link>. may bandwidth limiter pa siya.
  • @ozaki
    that depends... kasi on my end naman.. i download torrents all the time and when someone wants to browse sa web di na makapasok... what i did was set IPP2P: BitTorrent to the Lowest priority. For DNS port 53 on highest prio and http/s port 80 and 443 to high prio... and it works great so far... :)