Forum Topic

The LCD Monitors Thread: Tips, Tricks, Tweaks, New Products and Reviews

• Is the MSI MAG341CQ available anywhere here in the Phils.? Seems to be a good 3440 x 1440 monitor with a good price.
  • Guys, need ko na palitan yung HP W2228H ko (has served its purpose for 9years). So i'm looking around here and found Dell 24 U2414H UltraSharp LED. My question is, ok ba tong LCD na to considering 2016 model pa siya? Sa presyong 13K, worth it ba siya? Hoping for your inputs.

Thanks!
  • Any feedback re. the Viewsonic VX3276-2k? Upgrading my 24” and dont mind the 60Hz, just want the 1440p and larger 32”. Just havent seen much reviews on it. Noticed quite a few 2nd hand units being sold in the last few months, so was wondering if there might be significant issues with this model. Any ideas @sleepygeepy?

-- edited by jloc1013 on Apr 23 2019, 12:20 AM
  • @jloc1013
    Any feedback re. the Viewsonic VX3276-2k? Upgrading my 24” and dont mind the 60Hz, just want the 1440p and larger 32”. Just havent seen much reviews on it. Noticed quite a few 2nd hand units being sold in the last few months, so was wondering if there might be significant issues with this model. Any ideas @sleepygeepy?

Ok naman ang reviews ng Viewsonic VX3276-2K-MHD and there is a detailed review (with calibration settings) sa Prad.de

Prad.de - Test All-round monitor ViewSonic VX3276-2K-mhd
    <click here for link>

Article is in German so use Google translate to read the page. The calibrated OSD settings are on page 4.

Not sure if may issues with this specific model, but decent naman si Viewsonic and reliable as a monitor brand. Also it has distro support so warranty should not be a problem. I don't think you can get a cheaper 1440p monitor with IPS panel, unless you try the unknown brands like Sting Pro T2703GQ.

There are other 32-inch 1440p options available but most of them are using VA panels.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Apr 23 2019, 01:21 AM
  • Good day sirs! Wanted a clarification on something that's been bothering me for the longest time.

I wanted to ask about the new Acer Nitro Monitors, I've seen a couple of shops here in tipidpc selling them, but I can't find the exact model they're selling in any of acer/monitor websites out there. Acer Nitro VG270-P Is the product they're advertising. 1080p IPS 27 inch daw. Pero whenever I check the website of acer, I can't find "Acer Nitro VG270-P", although yung mahahanap ko lang is Nitro VG270UP. Hindi siya 1080p like what the shops are advertising, 1440p siya. Is there something I'm missing out on?
  • @nokutayl

The Acer Nitro VG270-P is most likely a special SKU that is only available on certain regions (usually Asia). So you would not see that model in most of the international Acer websites. I think you can find that specific model in the Acer Taiwan website.

If you need more info, you can find all of the specs and details in a Chinese review here (use Google translate):

Snowman Review No. 115: The cheapest IPS+HDR esports? Xiaojinang HD version Acer VG270 P evaluation report
    <click here for link>
  • ano mas ok dito for gaming?
    ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    or
    AORUS AD27QD
    or
    ACER NITRO VG271UP (~14k php cheaper)

price is almost similar for aorus and asus in my area.

edit: sobrang luma na pala yung PG279Q in comparison to the aorus.

-- edited by ian923 on Apr 23 2019, 08:03 AM
  • Any feedback re. the Viewsonic VX3276-2k?

been using this for about a year, issue ko lang yung bleeding, which was quoted on the review linked by sir sleepygeepy. Pero sobrang minimal lang na mapansin, on black lang talaga sya makikita, pero not entirely visible for other colors.

Also agreeing on the review that it is best all rounder may it be gaming or for productivity. Siguro plus nalang kung may way ka to calibrate (kung may alam ka sino nag cacalibrate pm nalang, hehe, gusto ko din kasi). Point out ko lang yung speakers, medyo di sya malakas but bearable if you currently don't have speakers.

Sulit na sulit kasi since nakuha ko sakin for about 9k (2nd hand). Been enjoying this watching Netflix and other HD goodies. Plus this is not that heavy, you can install this on a swing arm and have a minimalist desk with a big display.
  • ^

Madami nag offer ng calibration service sa Facebook mga 500php nakikita ko
  • @ian923
    ano mas ok dito for gaming?
    ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    or
    AORUS AD27QD

price is almost similar for aorus and asus in my area.

Between the two I think mas ok na ang Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD. Yung benefit din kasi niya is compatible siya with both FreeSync and G-Sync so whether you go with an Nvidia or Radeon videocard magagamit mo parin ang variable refresh rate feature. Also DisplayHDR 400 certified siya so kaya niya ang higher brightness and wider color range. Hindi siya good for HDR but at least when playing games or watching videos, may extra vibrancy of colors na baka magustuhan mo lang.

ACER NITRO VG271UP (~14k php cheaper)

Hindi ako sure kung available ito locally, but basically same siya as the Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD but at a cheaper price. BTW saan ka nakakakita ng seller nito? That's a very good deal kung Php 14K cheaper siya than the Gigabyte or the ASUS monitor :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Apr 24 2019, 05:52 AM
  • @sleepygeepy

thank you sa input sir.
    dito yan sa australia. aorus ad27qd ($969/37k php) while acer vg271up ($599/23k php)

looking for TN panels as well, kasi for gaming ko lang talaga gagamitin as 2nd monitor.
  • Nakita ko sa isang online shop na VG271UP is only 319usd :)

unfortunately, hindi local
  • ^halos same price din papatak if you will consider tax and shipping. hintayin nalang pumasok sa local market kung ganun.
  • Hi TPC,

Planning to upgrade from my current dino spec 18.5 monitor to 144hz 24 incher.
    What is the best you can recommend for the tightest budget?

24" Gamdias Atlas HD236C, LED, Curved, 144hz - 9000
    27" HKC NB27C2, LED, Curved, 1920 x 1080p, 144hz, FREESYNC, DVI HDMI DP - 10999
    24" HKC M24G1F, 144hz 1ms -11600
    24" HKC GF40 144hz, Curved borderless - 9999
    24" Bezel 24M1800 144hz - 7350
    24" SpecterPro XT24NS1 144hz - 9995
    24" Nvision GT24C14 144hz Curved- 8500

Maraming salamat po, budget is really tight at around 10k php
  • @wakidiaz

Saan ka makakakuha nyang "Bezel 24M1800" wala kasi dito sa TPC.
  • Saan ka makakakuha nyang "Bezel 24M1800" wala kasi dito sa TPC.

sa [email protected]@[email protected]
  • kamusta kaya yung mga naka Bezel 24M1800 eto din plan ko kunin ok kaya ito sa GPU na 980ti?
  • Gamit ko yang Bezel mag two months na ata. Ok naman siya I played 144fps/144hz sa DMC5. Then sa apex/pubg smooth na 144hz/144fps din if kaya ng GPU mo. Haven't really bothered with Freesync pero sabi sa reviews its working naman.

Minsan nagiging 7100~ish ang prize niyan sa lazada.
  • @emhelmark

Salamat po sa input sir. Ang worry ko lang baka yung warranty niya ay mahirap. Tempting nga ang price nya at 7k. malalagyan ko pa [email protected]@[email protected] voucher
  • Thanks for the feedback, @sleepygeepy & @akosichoii. Was just being precautious sa price. Ok sana din may makitang 2nd hand basta may warranty pa.