Forum Topic

The LCD Monitors Thread: Tips, Tricks, Tweaks, New Products and Reviews

• Optional lang pala ang 120hz. XD

Go for sleepygeepy suggestions.
  • Any user here?

ASUS VG258QR
    ASUS VG278QR

Kuha lang ako ng feedback.

My XB241HU is now faulty, had two thin white lines when refresh rate is 120hz up. Hindi halata pag 60hz, pero tumitingkad pag tinataasan yung refresh rate. :(
  • @sleepygeepy

That limited huh. Might just stick to 1080p until I can stretch my budget a bit more. Didn't want to cheap out sa first 1440p experience. Thank you!
  • Already available...

MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR = 3440x1440 at 144Hz (Php 55.8K)

MSI OPTIX MAG322CQRV = 2560x1440 at 32-inches with 1500R curve (Php 29.5K)

• Any users of viewsonic vx3276-2k-mhd monitor here?
  • @sleepygeepy
    san po available yan MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR ? thanks
  • Hi! Any budget monitor recommendations? Budget 5k-7k.
    Current monitor is a LG 22" with a 1366x768 reso (not sure of the exact model)
    Anyway, I seen options like SpecterPro and Aopen which do look good but havent seen any proper reviews so im a bit hesitant. TIA

-- edited by miguelator on Jun 13 2019, 07:42 PM
  • @gearzer0
    san po available yan MSI OPTIX MPG341CQR ? thanks

Sorry bawal sir magbanggit ng shops sa forums, pero kung i-search mo sa TipidPC ang "MPG341CQR" makikita mo ang seller. Yung clue is name siya ng female character sa Cowboy Bebop anime :-)

Chances are available na siya sa MSI distro. So kung meron kang trusted shop, inquire mo lang sa kanila kung pwede i-order ang monitor for you. Usually same lang naman din ang source nila for MSI gaming monitors at tatawag lang sa distro to order the unit.
  • @miguelator

For 7k budget, marami kang choices:

Asus 21.5" VZ229HE IPS FlickerFree Ultra-Slim - 6920php
    Asus 24" VZ249HE IPS - 7980php
    BenQ 21.5" GW2283 IPS - 5700php
    BenQ 21.5" GW2270H VA - 5200php
    BenQ 23.8" GW2470HL IPS 4ms 60Hz Flicker-Free - 7350php
    BenQ 23" VZ2350HM IPS - 6850php
  • @sleepygeepy
    thanks ... ^_^
  • @miguelator
    Hi! Any budget monitor recommendations? Budget 5k-7k. Current monitor is a LG 22" with a 1366x768 reso (not sure of the exact model)

If you can max out your budget, try a 24-inch monitor since you are already coming from a 22-inch screen. So you get the best of both worlds: bigger screen and higher resolution. I posted this a few posts back but check these two models sir:

Samsung LS24F350FHEXXP (24-inch 1080p IPS = Php 6,530)
    + Supports FreeSync or 72Hz operation
    + Joystick style OSD menu control
    + Best value in terms of price (cheapest)
    - Slightly wobbly stand
    - HDMI and D-Sub inputs only
    - External power brick

BenQ GW2480 (24-inch 1080p IPS = Php 7,190)
    + HDMI, DisplayPort, and D-Sub inputs
    + More stable stand
    + Internal power brick
    - 60Hz only
    - Thin bezel design slightly misleading
    - More expensive than Samsung

If you are using a Radeon videocard, the Samsung monitor supports FreeSync over HDMI so you can enjoy variable refresh rate while gaming. Also the OSD menu is controlled by a joystick which is a nice touch. However the Samsung has a slightly wobbly stand and the glossy plastic finish is a dust and fingerprint magnet.

The BenQ does not support FreeSync but has a better stand and more video inputs (HDMI, DisplayPort, and D-Sub). Also the aesthetics look better in my opinion, having a matte finish and bezel-less design.

Personally I would go for the BenQ because of the two digital inputs and having DisplayPort on a budget monitor is rare.

(BenQ GW2480 back panel)

Anyway, I seen options like SpecterPro and Aopen which do look good but havent seen any proper reviews so im a bit hesitant. TIA

You can also try alternative brands like SpecterPro, Aopen, HKC, Gamdias, Nvision, Bezel, etc. But when it comes to their regular 24-inch 1080p monitors, the price is not much cheaper than the well established brands like BenQ, Samsung, AOC, Viewsonic, ASUS etc. So you are not really saving much and the specs are more or less the same.

The only time you might want to go with a budget brand is if you need a cheap 144Hz gaming monitor. The Bezel 24M1805 is a 24-inch 144Hz gaming mointor with VA panel. Price is only Php 7,500 and is the cheapest 144Hz monitor I have seen. Nothing fancy though and looks cheap, but it works as advertised and also comes with a free UGREEN brand DisplayPort cable.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Jun 14 2019, 02:15 AM
  • Thank you sir fakuryu and sleepygeepy for the input.
    The Samsung LS24F350FHEXXP looks like a good fit especially because of the freesync plus it comes from a established brand.
    I was looking at the SpecterPro SP24SL as well. It is a bit cheaper (about 1.5k) but seems to match the Samsung specs minus the freesync.
    Anyway, I appreciate the input and info you shared.
  • May nakita ako sa mga malls na Samsung LC24RG5. 144 hz monitor, upon researching parang LC24FG73 pero walang backlight strobing. Wala pang official reviews though.
  • hi. any feedback sa monitor na 'to? wala ako makitang exact website nito to check specs. may nakita ako sa Lazada pero nakalagay dun no AMD Freesync

Samsung LC27JG54