Look for laptops with an Intel processor having 4-cores / 8-threads or better. Also avoid the low power model processors that end in "U" unless you prioritize battery life above everything else.
So the processors you should be looking for are Intel Core i7 or Intel Core i5 that end in "H" or "HQ" as these are 45W TDP processors and can boost to higher speeds.
Here's a quick checklist on what to look for in 2nd hand laptops:
- Intel Core i7-8750H (6-cores / 12-threads with 10.5MB cache and up to 4.1GHz)
- Intel Core i5-8400H (4-cores / 8-threads with 9MB cache and up to 4.2GHz)
- Intel Core i5-8300H (4-cores / 8-threads with 9MB cache and up to 4.0GHz)
- Intel Core i7-7820HQ (4-cores / 8-threads with 9MB cache and up to 3.9GHz)
- Intel Core i7-7700HQ (4-cores / 8-threads with 7MB cache and up to 3.8GHz)
Other things to consider:
- The screen should be 1920x1080 (Full HD) IPS panel
- The laptop should be able to accomodate a 16GB memory upgrade (ideally 2x8GB)
- The laptop should have extra M.2 slots for more SSD capacity (ideally NVMe)
- Good cooling, solid build quality, nice keyboard feel are also things to look for
If you will only be using the laptop at home or at the office and you rarely travel around with it... there is a budget Lenovo laptop with decent specs for Php 37K. Another option is the Acer Nitro semi-gaming laptop for Php 33K however it badly needs a memory and SSD upgrade.
- Lenovo Ideapad L340 (SKU: L340-15IRH 81LK00R3PH) >> Memory must be upgraded to at least 8GB or 16GB
- Acer Nitro 5 (SKU: AN515-52 56VN) >> Memory must be upgraded to at least 8GB or 16GB + add an SSD
Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)
Bro sleepygeepy/all, any recommendation for the below requirements:
- light weight (must)
- 13 or 14" touchscreen fhd display (willing to sacrifice touchscreen if not possible)
- 4 yrs college work like word processing, minor photo edit, etc
- 30 to 35k budget
-- edited by srkid on Feb 14 2020, 10:20 AM
-- edited by srkid on Feb 14 2020, 01:15 PM
Pa advice naman if ano ang mas ok kunin.
Lenovo Ideapad S145
Intel Core i5-8265U
14 inch HD
NVIDIA GeForce MX110
Intel Core i5-8265U
14INCH Nano edge FHD (1920X1080)
Nvidia Geforce MX250
Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G-5851
Intel Core i5-10210U
15.6" (1920x1080) FHD Narrow Bezel
4GB (2667 MHz)
256gb SSD + 1tb HDD
NVIDIA GeForce MX230
if may masuggest pa kayong iba, 30-35K budget use for programming and casual gaming.
- Post deleted #12283425
@ sleepy - Thank you!