Forum Topic

Unified Laptop/Notebook/Netbook Users Thread Part 2 (NO Trading Allowed)

• ^ wag Nitro 5, panget heat management niyan

eto reviews nung iba

<click here for link>

boss san mo nbili yung swift 3?

Megamall
  • dell 7567 na. basta ips panel.
  • @Peorth,
    Thanks sir for the input. Work laptop ito trying to make the most out of it.hehehe
  • Hey guys any recommendation a Windows Ultrabook or Laptop na slim design preferably with 256GB SSD, 13-14" and Backlit keyboard. Budget atleast 50-55k
  • ^You can look for the various models of the Asus Zenbook, though they're a bit hard to find.
  • ^You can look for the various models of the Asus Zenbook, though they're a bit hard to find.
    Maganda ba ang Asus? I heard maraming motherboard problems sla lalo na sa Asus ROG.
  • ^I haven't looked for any data regarding Asus' reliability, but I have an Asus Zenbook UX32VD ultrabook that's probably around 5-6 years old (I got it second hand from TPC) and it's still running fine except for a faulty onboard sound chip. Despite its age, people still mistake it as a new or relatively new laptop.

The problem with the ultrabook market in the Philippines is the severe lack of options. I haven't found a store selling HP's Spectre line, a lot of Zenbook models are not available, etc. I figure it's because 1) ultrabooks tend to be rather expensive, and 2) those willing to shell out big bucks (e.g. 65-70k or more) often buy Macs, like my sister who bought her Macbook Pro for more than 100K a few years ago. The best place to buy them is really from the U.S., where you can find really good deals and lots of options. I was lucky to find someone willing to handcarry a laptop from the U.S. to here, so I was able to get a Dell XPS 13 with an i7-8550U processor. So far, all locally-available XPS 13 models only have i5 or i7 processors up to the 7th generation (dual core), which is considerably weaker than the new 8th gen processors (quad core).

-- edited by Peorth on Jan 17 2018, 01:31 AM
  • masyado po bang pricy to for 57k?

Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop [IPS]
    [i5-7300HQ]
    [GTX 1050Ti 4GB]
    [8GB DDR4]
    [256 SSD]
  • ^I haven't looked for any data regarding Asus' reliability, but I have an Asus Zenbook UX32VD ultrabook that's probably around 5-6 years old (I got it second hand from TPC) and it's still running fine except for a faulty onboard sound chip. Despite its age, people still mistake it as a new or relatively new laptop.

The problem with the ultrabook market in the Philippines is the severe lack of options. I haven't found a store selling HP's Spectre line, a lot of Zenbook models are not available, etc. I figure it's because 1) ultrabooks tend to be rather expensive, and 2) those willing to shell out big bucks (e.g. 65-70k or more) often buy Macs, like my sister who bought her Macbook Pro for more than 100K a few years ago. The best place to buy them is really from the U.S., where you can find really good deals and lots of options. I was lucky to find someone willing to handcarry a laptop from the U.S. to here, so I was able to get a Dell XPS 13 with an i7-8550U processor. So far, all locally-available XPS 13 models only have i5 or i7 processors up to the 7th generation (dual core), which is considerably weaker than the new 8th gen processors (quad core).

Thanks for the insight I'm located at Davao pa naman so less options nga tlga I'm eyeing for Dell Inspiron 7373 pero nasa 60k price range na which I would rather get a Macbook Pro with that price. I currently have a Macbook Pro 13" 2014 plano ko siya palitan with Ultrabook kasi for me mabigat sya hehe
  • masyado po bang pricy to for 57k?

Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop [IPS]
    [i5-7300HQ]
    [GTX 1050Ti 4GB]
    [8GB DDR4]
    [256 SSD]

I think thats a sweet deal already! Brand new ba yan or 2nd hand? Try mo nln magrequest pa ng freebies hehe dun ka nln bumawi
  • Kelan kaya mag kaka cps 13 8th gen sa pinas?
  • @cheschanco
    brandnew po.. medyo nakakapanghinayang lang kasi sa amazon around 900++ USD lang to eh

need ko pa gumastos ulit dito para palagyan ng HDD if ever or extra 8gb ram
  • ^ganun talaga sir. Malaki kasi patong ng tax dito satin kaya anlayo na ng original price sa selling price dito satin.
  • Kelan kaya mag kaka cps 13 8th gen sa pinas?

Are you referring to the Dell XPS 13 with 8th generation Intel Core i5/i7 CPUs? Good luck with that, all the stores here only offer 7th generation processors. Getting them is a bad deal simply because the 8th gen CPUs are much faster after the core count was doubled. There's actually already a refresh of the XPS 13 (the 2018 Dell XPS 13), which has a new design, but AFAIK it's still not available even in the U.S. If you really want an XPS 13 with an 8th gen Intel processor you have to buy it abroad.