Forum Topic

HELP: PC Build with more HDMI slots

• Hi can anyone suggest or help me build a desktop for our church for audio video application.

I need a motherboard which supports 2 or 3 HDMI slots for monitors as visual aids.
    The processor can be mid range since low video editing will be use.
    How about the video card? would you suggest a built in kind?

Thanks in advance
  • up
  • up
  • @bLoody_mIre

I suggest you try looking for this videocard first (below). Because it has 2x HDMI ports, 1x DisplayPort, and 1x DVI port. So potentially this videocard can output to 4 screens. All you need is to buy a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter and DVI-to-HDMI adapter if all of your monitors are using HDMI inputs.

Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2G
    Seller: <click here for link>

Once you have the videocard, then build a PC around it depending on your budget. I suggest you go with an affordable Intel PC based build as Intel processors have built-in graphics and their motherboards often come with an HDMI port. So you can use that extra port to provide a display to a 5th monitor.
  • thanks
  • but the Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2G is too expensive. This build will not be used for gaming sayanag naman ung vcard. meron pabang mas mura na same features on the hdmi slots?
  • Do you really need 3 HDMI slots? Because if not there's a Zotac GT 710 that has DVI-DL, HDMI and VGA.
  • but the Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2G is too expensive. This build will not be used for gaming sayanag naman ung vcard.

Sorry sir but ganun talaga, if you want multiple digital video outputs you need to spend a bit more on the videocard. The videocard I mentioned is not exactly a gaming card but it is powerful enough to play games. I don't think you will be able to find a cheaper videocard that is able to provide four digital outputs on one card. Think of it nalang as a good investment since you can add a 4th display in the future.

If you want a cheaper videocard, look for GT 1030 based videocards from Palit or Inno3D. I think they cost below Php 3.5K but they only have two digital video outputs. In the grand scheme of things you are actually saving more by getting the Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2G since you get four digital video outputs for Php 6K, and an overall more powerful videocard that would be good for higher resolution displays.

You can get away with a build like this:

Videocard: Palit GT 1030 = 1x HDMI, 1x DVI
    Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDV = 1x HDMI, 1x DVI, 1x D-Sub
    Processor: Pentium G4560 at the minimum
    Memory: 2x4GB of DDR4-2133 at the minimum

Potentially that setup will allow you to drive 4 displays with digital video outputs. Two from the videocard and two from the motherboard. But you will need to buy DVI-to-HDMI adapters if your displays are all using HDMI ports.
  • Do you really need 3 HDMI slots? Because if not there's a Zotac GT 710 that has DVI-DL, HDMI and VGA.

yes po atleast 2 sana,,

pero if ever gamitin ko ung DVI HDMI VGA ng sabay sabay, can i still configure the other 2 monitors as extended and 1 primary?
  • why not a HDMI splitter?

Ever wonder how a big appliance store can have many TV's running the same video|

• thanks po