Forum Topic

;Brand New' Redefined

• Good evening!

I've noticed that many sellers tag their products as brand new and then proceed to explain that its relatively new - insert days/weeks/months - and that it has been purchased recently - once again insert date of purchase and place of purchase - and that some of the accessories are still in their box and that both package and product are smooth - insert percentage of smoothness - so on and so forth.

I can understand if a seller opened the box to verify its contents or perhaps never intended to sell it but has either changed his/her mind or is forced to part with it due to extenuating circumstances. I believe most of us in this community would understand either reason. But tagging a used product - I would classify it as used if it has been used even for a day - as 'Brand New' while may not be considered deceptive, does not reflect our community well.

How would we feel if we ordered a burger in a fast-food joint and as we were being handed our food, were told by the person behind the counter: 'Sir/Ma'am, I licked your burger to verify its taste, but I assure you, it was made just now from fresh ingredients.'

Would like to hear your thoughts on this. Am I the only one bothered by this?
  • Basta nabuksan na dapat di na pwedeng markahan na "Brand New". Kaso kung di naman nga nagamit o sinubukan lang pero di compatible, nakakapanghinayang naman na ilagay na "Already Used". Kailangan ba ng bagong category para sa mga ganitong pagkakataon? Sa opinyon ko sapat na ang "Already Used" at paglagay ng Date of Purchase at Days Used sa item description.
  • BNOB - Brand New Open Box