Forum Topic

Pano maging GPT yung System ko?

• Hi mga masters!
    Tanong ko lang po sana kung pano maging GPT yung system ko?
    Luma na po yung PC ko and old school din yung pag iinstall ko ng OS using MBR daw...(sabi ng system ko when i'm already tring to install ung GPT sana)
    Eh pano po yun? kasi old school lang yung alam ko which is MBR daw...
    Ano po ba ung process and ano yung mga kaylangan ko gawin para maging GPT system ko? Kung meron pa ba kaylangan gawin sa bios, etc... Paki tulungan naman po ako... salamat po

MOBO: Aorus b450m

-- edited by znex on Feb 03 2022, 05:07 PM
  • Convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

<click here for link>
  • Converting partition scheme may not going to cut it as OS no a days is using secure boot, uefi gpt install on your system can only be done with clean install. So with Windows 10 21h1 install and higher, you need to do a clean install.

To do this go enter your BIOS and make sure to set your boot scheme to UEFI only with CSM (aka Secure Boot). Save changes and boot up your windows 10 installer, do a clean install by wiping the drive partition and this may ask you to covert the MBR scheme to GPT after clicking the unassigned partition and click next.

-- edited by polka on Feb 03 2022, 08:50 PM
  • same thing nanyare sakin. sold my old system but kept my hdd and psu. bought a new intel system, assemble the components. but upon installing win10 ayaw kasi mbr, kelangan gpt. I had no choice but to delete all partition (erased lahat ng files) to convert it to gpt.

so backup your files first, quick solution yan.
    or pwede yun advice ni polka