Forum Topic

Official Cryptocurrency Thread

• Please note as well that there is a fair amount of human activities that have a huge carbon footprint and do not necessarily have a "tangible benefit to humanity", like eating meat.

facebook doom scrolling, watching soap operas on streaming, gaming, going on a vacation, etc etc, etc

There is so much we do that might have no immediate or obvious tangible benefit. But the thing about progress is that it is supposed to not matter, if we just have enough energy. Progress in society is about giving more and more energy per person. Thats why I support EVERY clean energy tech, including fission
  • istanbul Send Message View User Items on 20 Feb 23 @ 09:02 AM #

Anong best way to transfer mymonero XMR to pay maya?

send XMR to Binance wallet
    convert to USDT
    Binance P2P to Paymaya
  • yes basta yung naka reseller na sa philippines na nasa website ng ledger dalawa yun isa yung nasa lazada at isa yung nasa shope

I went to the ledger website, I saw no list of authorized resellers
  • ^Crypto King PH at Isawwwshop.
    Found here: https://www.ledger.com/reseller
  • oh thanks
  • AFAIK if you pair it with metamask, even if you are dealing with obscure coins or with say LP tokens, pwede. As in pag pwede sa metamask alone, pwede sa metamask linked with a ledger nano S????
  • The problem is that Ledger devices use apps to manage cryptocurrencies. Each cryptocurrency has its own dedicated Ledger app. So, to send and receive Bitcoin (BTC) with your Ledger wallet, you need a Bitcoin app, and the same for Ethereum (ETH), and so on.

When you hit your wallet's memory limit, you need to uninstall an app before you can install a new one. Your crypto is still stored safely even if your device doesn't have the app installed. But it can be frustrating for those with lots of different cryptocurrencies to be installing and uninstalling apps often.

<click here for link>

wow, only 3 coins at a time ang pwede ilagay. Turn off
  • looks like I have to spend for the second least expensive model of ledger. 100 apps capacity, one app is what one coin? Or one app per chain???

Anyway pwede na ang 100. KAhit 25 siguro
  • or maybe safepal wallet, mas mura
  • so if my metamask has already been hacked (overnight finance, all USD+ drained), I can just buy a ledger or other hardware wallet and connect it and use the new wallet within metamask, move coins from my old unsecured wallet to the new one, and no one can withdraw any coins without confirming on the device?

no need to uninstall metamask and make a new account with a new seed phrase?

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Apr 27 2023, 12:02 AM
  • wow, only 3 coins at a time ang pwede ilagay. Turn off

wrong.

i have all my coins in ONE ledger. you don't need the ledger apps. metamask linked to your ledger is enough to manage your coins. ETH app lang nakainstall sa ledger ko.

i don't use the ledger software to trade/transfer my coins.

the ledger hardware wallet is only used to authenticate the transactions in metamask.

i can use the ledger to manage my coins in different network ( binance, avax, etc.)

-- edited by splukutum on Apr 28 2023, 10:38 PM
  • use the pass phrase created by your ledger wallet and then use that passphrase in metamask to create a new wallet.

make sure you reset the ledger before creating a passphrase so that you are sure it is a new one.
  • wrong.

i have all my coins in ONE ledger. you don't need the ledger apps. metamask linked to your ledger is enough to manage your coins. ETH app lang nakainstall sa ledger ko.

i don't use the ledger software to trade/transfer my coins.

the ledger hardware wallet is only used to authenticate the transactions in metamask.

OK i got newer info that says yes you only need one app - ETH. Because metamask is EVM based, E is Eth. Metamask bahala sa all coins on all chains.

thanks

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on May 03 2023, 03:24 AM
  • use the pass phrase created by your ledger wallet and then use that passphrase in metamask to create a new wallet.

I have some info that says that this is a security vulnerability, mas maganda iba and separate and seed phrase ng metamask and ledger

make sure you reset the ledger before creating a passphrase so that you are sure it is a new one.

always good advice
  • Anyone traded on Robosats?
    https://learn.robosats.com/

What can go wrong?
  • Any Keystone 3 Pro users here? Okay ba siya gamitin? I only have 2 options now for hardware wallet.

Trezor Safe 3
    Keystone 3 Pro

I was leaning on Keystone kahit mas expensive ng konti since you can store at least 3 different wallets inside of it so would be nice to move around with wallets on one device. Not sure if Trezor has this feature.
  • imbis na paganun, gumanon.. hehe

pasok investor.. I think this is the good time (for me)
  • It looks like a new ATH is coming soon.