Forum Topic

Unified TV series thread (no piracy discussion)

• Infiniti (2022)

...and they claimed that Constellation (2024) as an original XD...shame..shame!! Found this cerebral Sci Fi gem on CANAL+.
  • I've seen 2 episodes of constellation so far but i still have no idea what is going on. Noomi rapace kept me watching but i dont think i can go on. Unless i have nothing else to watch.
  • ^it gets weirder on Eps 3. I stopped on the 3rd Ep...will continue watching when it is complete (8 Eps. , currently Eps 5 is available...3 more weeks for the complte season LOL). Infiniti has 6 Eps. total, but the parallel is so obvious at an early stage.

Yeah... Noomi and Mike of Los Pollos (Breaking bad) are some of my reasons watching that show.
  • shogun
    - nice series, saw episode 1-3
    - di tinipid sa budget , that armor
    - every episode is a standout

based sa book pala...up to episode 4

• The Gentlemen (2024)

Guy Ritchie reinventing his 2019 film of the same title. The series is silly. basic humor compared to the sharp and subtle style of the movie.
  • released na 3 body problem sa netflix?

Ganda reviews so far. Pero conflicted ako, D&D kasi yung showrunner. Kinda hate them after they did GOT dirty in the later seasons. Pero they're good when they have source material, so mukhang wala sila problema sa 3-body-problem.
  • teaser......
    Waiting for the Chinese base Sci Fi novel 3 Body Problem on the 21st, this month via Netflix....at least this network gives the series complete as released.
  • No idea D&D pala showrunner ng 3 Body Problem. Moreover, wala din ako idea sa premise nito. Nakita ko sa NF but never took interest. Parang horror kasi ang title.

Anyway since namention dito na D&D I googled the upcoming show. Meron pala Chinese TV series nito na nirelease last year. Maganda ba panoorin eto o hintayin ko na lang etong sa Netflix?
  • The Last Airbender
    natuwa ako maganda rin, for me its like YuYu Hakusho
    ganon level. hindi ko natapos yung series nito, masyado kasi pambata sa taste ko yung story noon, pero Episode 1 ok naman
  • @deadmanwade

Another snippet to consider, outspoken yung author nung novel, si Cixin Liu, on certain controversial topics. Google mo na lang paps, don't want to start arguments here.

Pero ayun, as someone na agree pero hirap ma-practice yung idea na dapat hiwalay ang pag appreciate mo sa work of art vs the ideologies of the art-maker, another thing to consider for me.
  • Three-Body (2023)

Eureka.... A thorough adaptation (maybe, I know nothing bout the novel), watched Eps 1-3, nice flow so far, and good cinematography. Long way to go, for this is a 30 Eps series. I remember Stephen Hawking's comment about the CERN, while watching.
  • If you're still sleeping on Shogun, do yourself a favor and start watching the show now. 10/10 for me.
    Also, this girl is putting the G on Fuji.

-- edited by paflo on Mar 12 2024, 07:25 AM
  • Shogun

yung actor na gumanap kay john blackthorne
    magkakamulkha tong mga to see below , akala ko tlaga siya yung actor sa movie na upgrade

-- edited by ironFistMayden on Mar 12 2024, 07:39 PM
  • Wishful thinking na sana matapatan o mahigitan pa nitong Shogun ang GOT sa battle scenes ng upcoming war.
  • Three-Body (2023) aka San Ti

Wow! The story was compelling and thought-provoking..... It feels like a book coz of the detailed lines in storytelling, CGI was just ok, but it managed to capture the worlds. A lengthy series (30 Eps, just for book 1).

Wait mode for the english ver. on Netflix.... CGI looks great, amplified!
  • ^I'm halfway with Ep. 4. Not sure kung panoorin ko full 30 eps as magkakaroon na ng remake sa Netflix haha
  • The Gentlemen - 7/10

I liked it
  • done shogun episode 5. isang linggo na naman hihintayin. i've never been this anxious since game of thrones.