Forum Topic

Greasemonkey Script for TPC

• version 1.3 get it here:
    <click here for link>

New Feature:
    URL and link handling
    - Change unlinked urls into actual links
    - Option to display the url instead of \"click here for link\", check Tipid EX options to enable
    - When posting, finds urls starting with http(s), ftp, or www and wraps it with [url] tags

Changelog
    - More failsafes, in case Tipid EX fails to load
    - URL and link handling features

-- edited by r8dhex on Aug 25 2011, 11:07 AM
  • nice one dude.. just tried it...

but i notice when i go to \"My Items and Bookmarks\" - it shows a tab of IFS, etc... and the last tab for the bookmarks...

it\'s good if you want to keep track your items if your a seller/buyer... but i prefer to see my thread bookmarks.. anyway to set it to default?
  • and another suggestion if possible..
    baka pwede ka gumawa ng more customizations...

like an option to hide some of the windows... i particularity want to remove the \"My Buddies\", \"Info Center\", and \"Resource Bin\".

i have already accomplish hiding the IFS on the right side using the \"Element Hiding\" from adblock...

thanks dude.. ganda ng code mo... hehe.. magpag-aralan nga para tumataas konte knowledge ko ng jquery.. lol... kailangan ko din ma master yan para sa trabaho.. hehe.
  • but i notice when i go to \"My Items and Bookmarks\" - it shows a tab of IFS, etc... and the last tab for the bookmarks...

it\'s good if you want to keep track your items if your a seller/buyer... but i prefer to see my thread bookmarks.. anyway to set it to default?

Check the options screen under User Options, just after \"My Account\". You can disable tabs there.

like an option to hide some of the windows... i particularity want to remove the \"My Buddies\", \"Info Center\", and \"Resource Bin\".

You can collapse them, simply click on the title bar of the panel.

BTW, make sure you have the latest version. If you can\'t do both of the things above, it\'s because you\'re using an old version.

-- edited by r8dhex on Aug 31 2011, 04:01 PM
  • Check the options screen under User Options, just after \"My Account\". You can disable tabs there.

tabs are actually good, it just needs a \"default\" option. but yes, for the meantime, disable ko muna tabs..

You can collapse them, simply click on the title bar of the panel.

yes.. correct.. di ko alam may ganung feature na pala.. thanks.. galing..

how do you save the state pala? cookies?

ngayon ko lang napansin.. may \"code\" option ka na.. and put everything in textbox... is this part of TPC or you created this option?

-- edited by nomad7650 on Aug 31 2011, 04:48 PM
  • tabs are actually good, it just needs a \"default\" option. but yes, for the meantime, disable ko muna tabs..

aahh, gets ko na! You mean kung alin tab ang displayed by default. I might add an option kung may time ako.

how do you save the state pala? cookies?

I use Greasemonkey\'s GM_setValue/GM_getValue API. Stored in firefox preferences as JSON strings. Kung gusto mo silipin, go to about:config, search for \"tpx\"

ngayon ko lang napansin.. may \"code\" option ka na.. and put everything in textbox... is this part of TPC or you created this option?

TPC by default ignores CODE tags, but it doesn\'t strip them. So I just search-replaced code tags with \"pre\" tags. Then added a button for \"code\". However, users without this script won\'t see the proper format.

-- edited by r8dhex on Aug 31 2011, 06:40 PM
  • I use Greasemonkey\'s GM_setValue/GM_getValue API. Stored in firefox preferences as JSON strings. Kung gusto mo silipin, go to about:config, search for \"tpx\"

ah talaga, stored in firefox preference? galing.. hehe.. may ganun pala.. kala ko cookies.. hehe

TPC by default ignores CODE tags, but it doesn\'t strip them. So I just search-replaced code tags with \"pre\" tags. Then added a button for \"code\". However, users without this script won\'t see the proper format.

ah i see.. yung nga ang naisip ko... hehe.
  • kudos! this is a better experience for TPC...

thanks! will be monitoring for further updates....
  • small bugfix for possible security problem, please update asap

summary:
    Link handling code searches for urls that are not hyperlinked. It also happens to turn < and > characters in the post back to real greater/less-than characters. Depending on the content, the browser would potentially treat enclosed text as a HTML tag.

solution: escape those characters before putting them back into the page

• version 1.4 update <click here for link>

- Option to iconize post tools (Mute, Unmute & Edit)
    - Tab-ified sections remember the previously viewed tab, and reselects that tab on next visit
    - Added way to transfer settings from one browser to another
    - Rewrote Tipid EX options dialog
    - Minified script loader code

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 02 2011, 12:47 PM
  • ^
    sir request naman kung pwede pa update yung \"Code\" button location... or option to hide? ilang beses na ako nagkakamali... \"Quote\" yung gagawin ko pero \"Code\" yung napipindot ko.. hehe.

TIA
  • Search mo na lang ung line na:
    [code].attr(\"value\",\"Code\")[/code]

tapos gawin mong
    [code].attr(\"value\",\"Code\").css(\"float\",\"right\")[/code]
  • ^ oks.. mas okay nga.. :D salamats

-- edited by nomad7650 on Sep 06 2011, 10:55 AM
  • I also made a greasemonkey script that sorts the items and bookmarks, it will put the active ones on the top of the list: <click here for link>
  • @baratzski, nice idea. installed

Version 1.5.1 update
    - move \"code\" button to the right
    - changed image-resize code to use css max-width
    - fix bug with mutelists: mutes on www.domain.com now also apply to domain.com
    - add quick access bar
    - add update notification
    - fix some tampermonkey bugs

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 07 2011, 04:10 PM
  • Updated to V1.7
    - Added option to display \"Advanced Search\" in a sidepanel

- Added option to change buddy list behavior
    - Added user item list filters and sorting
    - Various fixes, cleanup and refactoring
  • sir r8dhex gamit ko na script mo salamat po.

Ask ko lang din po sir, possible po ba na kayanin ng script mo yung \"updates\" or new messages notifications ay mag-auto update or something like sa facebook na makikita mo agad even without refreshing manually the page?
  • Sir r8dhex, pwede lagyan ng [spoiler][/spoiler] code dito sa tpc?
  • [code] [/code] pwede ba?
  • guys not sure kung tama pagtatanungan ko, napansin ko kasi sa
    My Items and Bookmarks (3)
    meron akong unread, 3 topics
    pero actually i only have 2 unread... bakit kaya ganon?

@infoseeker
    no try mo? ung bug?

-- edited by bluViper on Sep 15 2011, 05:26 PM
  • Installed this on Google Chrome, bakit parang walang effect?
  • @bluViper, Yung number na yun, hindi ako naglalagay nun. Check mo lahat ng IFS,WTB, topic & item bookmarks, kasi kasama lahat yun sa count

@rpc, wala masyadong benefit yung [spoiler] tag kung ako gagawa. Lahat ng walang greasemonkey kita pa rin nila yung spoiler. Hindi rin sila maglalagay ng [spoiler] para lang sa atin. So kita natin spoiler posts nila, kita nila spoiler posts natin. Tipid PC lang talaga makaka implement nun ng maayos.

At least yung CODE tag, no change for non-users (unformatted pa rin), no additional actions required from them, graceful degradation. Pero for Tipid EX users, may konting improvement

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 15 2011, 05:45 PM
  • Narestart nyo na po ba yung chrome browser nyo?
    Try closing it first the open it again sa tipidpc.com > May makikita kayo black square icon with two white circles in it sa upper right corner of your browser.
    Then sa Menu ng TPC may madadagdag \"Tipid EX Options\" (left menu \"User Option\"). at marami pang iba.
  • @negative13

Tampermonkey gamit mo? Hindi gagana kung Chrome lang, kulang features nun.

EDIT: sorry neg13, confirmed ko may bug nga ako sa chrome. Na update ko na try mo download ulit.

@adoke, may sagot sana ako sayo re:facebook-style notifications, pero nawala e. Kailangan ko na umalis, so bukas ko na post response ko. sory

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 15 2011, 06:11 PM
  • @negative13

Tampermonkey gamit mo? Hindi gagana kung Chrome lang, kulang features nun.

EDIT: sorry neg13, confirmed ko may bug nga ako sa chrome. Na update ko na try mo download ulit.

@adoke, may sagot sana ako sayo re:facebook-style notifications, pero nawala e. Kailangan ko na umalis, so bukas ko na post response ko. sory

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 15 2011, 06:11 PM

Ayan gumana na, thanks sir!
  • @adoke,

Ask ko lang din po sir, possible po ba na kayanin ng script mo yung \"updates\" or new messages notifications ay mag-auto update or something like sa facebook na makikita mo agad even without refreshing manually the page?

Meron ganyan function ngayon dun sa Quick Access bar. Check mo sa options. Hindi sya real-time, kasi ang ginagawa ko lang ni-loload ko yung \"My Items & Bookmarks\" sa background. Hindi ko pwedeng gawin na every 5secs mag check sya, kasi full-page request yun, ayoko naman ma-ban ako dahil in-abuse ko yung server.

Sa ngayon ganito lang ang updates ko:
    - Every punta mo ng \"My Items & Bookmarks\" page, ma-uupdate yung quick access bar.
    - Kung nasa ibang page:
    --> Check muna kung meron link ng \"My Items\", baka kasi logged-off ka
    --> Check din kung meron number sa tabi nung link, kung may unread messages
    --> Check muna kung kelan last update natin sa Quick Access
    --> Kung may unread & > 3 mins since last update ==> backround-load ng \"My Items\"
    --> Kung walang unread & >30 mins since last check ==> background-load ng \"My Items\"

Also, once per page-load lang yan mag-ccheck, kung meron man. Hindi yan katulad ng FB na kahit iwanan mo, pumapasok pa rin notifications. Kung kailangan mo talaga, e di i-reload mo na lang \"My Items\" mo.
  • Bookmarked!
  • paano gamitin to? ayaw naman sa chrome..
  • What is this?
    This is a userscript that adds some features to TipidPC and TipidCP.

Features:
    * Collapsible panels
    * Prev/Next buttons are changed to actual links instead of JS buttons
    * Permalinks for forum posts
    * mute/unmute user for forum posts
    * Item cloning
    * \"CODE\" tags, with configurable colors
    * URL and link handling
    * Filtering and sorting for user items & search results
    * Background Loading and inlining for Item Search results
    * Option to display some pages in tabs
    * Fit images to column width
    * Add \'Advanced Search\' as a sidepanel
    * Quick access bar
    * Display destination URL on links
    * Option to configure buddy list behavior
    * Enable forum post navigation buttons
    * Update notification (for Firefox/Greasemonkey)

See <click here for link> for details on these features

How to use:
    1. install Greasemonkey (for Firefox) or Tampermonkey (for Chrome) extension:
    Firefox: <click here for link>
    Chrome: <click here for link>

2. restart browser if needed

3. Go to <click here for link> and click install. For Tampermonkey users, make sure you click the \"Monkey Eyes\"

4. Most options are disabled by default. so check the options panel to enable them.

-- edited by r8dhex on Sep 26 2011, 04:43 PM
  • yup via script ba pag activate nito? wala akong makitang mute na button eh..