Forum Topic

Globe@Home GFiber Broadband Thread

• Back to normal wala na yung speedboost...hehehe
  • @unimodem

Pwede bang magrequest sa Globe ng PUBLIC IP kahit na DYNAMIC lang? Hindi kailangang Static. Kailangan ko lang kasi mag port forward. Pwede bang mag port forward sa residential fibr plan ng Globe?
  • @qwerty88
    Afaik, they only offer static public IP. Pag Dynamic, private IP na agad siya.
    Yes, once naka public ip ka na lulusot na lahat ng naka port forward even if you're on residential account. So far on my end everything is accessible outside my network like my plex media server, openvpn server, ip cameras and more.
  • @unimodem

Are you on Static IP?
  • @qwerty88
    Yup, came with my Globe fiber last 2017
  • How do you enable bridge mode with Globe Fiber. This is for a new connection
  • Post deleted #12229462
  • @hellbert
    You can check page 97. <click here for link>
    I made a small guide for the fiberhome onu. The config should be quite similar to Huawei onu.
    Always backup your config before you modify your ONU.
  • @unimodem salamat for help with prep.
  • Salamat @unimodem

=======

Tip: You can help an ISP/telco find fiber facility for you FASTER by providing them the GPS coordinates of your install site. Giving them the postal address, Google Maps links or screenshots of the map would only slow them down.

ISPs/telcos tend give limited outside Internet access for productivity reasons.

With the sheer volume of NAP cabinets they have to keep track of they have dedicated inventory system for NAP cabinets that are based on GPS coordinates rather than Google Maps links.

Only a very select few of ISP/telco personnel have access to that inventory system for security and corporate espionage reasons.

As they have limited internet access they may ask for screen shots which in turn they look for the area manually. It does not help if the postal address of the install site is malformed or broken.

Either way, if you want a faster install time then answer their questions in the manner that will speed up response.

Give them GPS coordinates and the NAP Cabinet stencil number (fiber box code).

Install address and billing address are important for documentary reasons but for technical then GPS coordinates and the NAP Cabinet stencil number (fiber box code).

Not doing so delay the activation of sweet sweet bandwidth.

-- edited by hellbert on Jun 07 2019, 10:56 PM
  • If I can upgrade the 3Mbps DSL to 20Mbps without install fee would you stick with that or migrate to 20Mbps Fiber with install fee?
  • Bakit ganun mga master tuwing may kinakabitan or ni rerepair sa area namin laging kaming nawawalan ng net or kapitbahay, LOs is red no light on the PON, antagal pa naman magpasched sa team ni globe every now and then n lng
  • Bakit ganun mga master tuwing may kinakabitan or ni rerepair sa area namin laging kaming nawawalan ng net or kapitbahay, LOs is red no light on the PON, antagal pa naman magpasched sa team ni globe every now and then n lng

there's this myth na pag nabubuksan ng technicians yung cabinet, may tinatanggal sila or niluluwagan na unsuspecting subscriber. this will trigger a customer report, then site visit hence kikita sila dahil may job order. shempre hindi lahat ng technician ay ogags.
  • ^I don't think it's a myth because it happened to me several times na. Latest is, nilipat talaga ako sa tamang speed ng plan ko which is 50mbps. Hindi ako lumampas na sa 52mbps, at hindi na nagkaroon ng speedboost na, kahit yung mga pinost nyo na latest speedboost wala na kc naka set sa dashboard na hanggang 5300000 something na lang.

So, kumikita pala sila per tech visit? Humm.. marami kc lagi tech visit dito samin(condo).

-- edited by Conner on Jun 10 2019, 11:41 AM

-- edited by Conner on Jun 10 2019, 11:42 AM
  • Ok ba Globe Fiber sa Rosario, Pasig? Stable naman?
  • @staind verify with globe or converge if they have available fiber data ports within 500m from you. Send them gps coordinates to simplify their search.
  • Wala na naman internet. Anyare kaya?
  • Ahahaha wala ata lahat
  • Normal naman connection ko here in Q.C. both bahay and office.
  • Good day to you all,

I'm planning to switch to globe as my PLDT IP got transferred behind a NAT and I can no longer access it via VPN.
    My question to all you kind sirs is, is the static IP feature of Globe free of charge? And is it a public IP that they will be providing?

Thanks and have a great day!
  • CGNAT din ang Globe Fiber.
  • My question to all you kind sirs is, is the static IP feature of Globe free of charge? And is it a public IP that they will be providing?

dati fee if Platinum Plan.... then later on may additional na P750 per month daw... ngayon wala na sa residential, pang business plans na lang daw.
  • Tip:

When dealing with a telco's service contract always look for VAT-exclusive.

This means the monthly fee in big bold letters has an additional 12% charge.

This is too common practice by telcos to get around "apples to apples" comparisons.
  • hi all. i've set up my connection in bridge mode. trouble is, i can't connect to the onu if i don't connect a lan cable from a pc to the onu. is there a way to do this? globe provided me with a Huawei HG8145V, and am using Linksys wrt1900ac installed with openwrt.
  • @pektus
    Ano ip address mo sa WAN ng Linksys mo?
  • hi all. i've set up my connection in bridge mode. trouble is, i can't connect to the onu if i don't connect a lan cable from a pc to the onu. is there a way to do this? globe provided me with a Huawei HG8145V, and am using Linksys wrt1900ac installed with openwrt.

@pektus
    Yes, this is normal. Once you bridge any modem/ONU you won't be able to access it's GUI anymore unless you connect it directly to a PC.
    But there are workarounds like using Tomato firmware on your router. There's an option in the Tomato firmware that ask your for the Modem's IP(192.168.254.254). But as per checking your Linksys wrt1900ac doesn't support Tomato because its only for Broadcom based hardware.

2nd workaround is to access your ONU via your PC and change the original LAN IP address of your Huawei HG8145V (192.168.254.254) to an IP address range your Linksys wrt1900ac is using. I'm assuming that your DHCP range of your Linksys wrt1900ac router is from 192.168.1.100-192.168.1.254. So you can now set the LAN IP address of your Huawei HG8145V from 192.168.254.254 to 192.168.1.10.
    I'm not sure with your Huawei ONU but for my Fiberhome ONU you need to restart it to apply the changes for the LAN IP 192.168.1.10.
    You now need an extra ethernet cable connected to any ethernet ports(1-4) of your Linksys router going to the ethernet ports of your Huawei HG8145V ONU.

Once everything is setup, you should be able to access your ONU's GUI everytime you enter 192.168.1.10.

3rd workaround is through iptables script. Sample script na gamit ko dati with my DD-WRT router when I was on PLDT.
    afair, yung modem's LAN IP address dito was set to 192.168.0.1.
    ifconfig `nvram get wan_ifname`:0 192.168.0.50 netmask 255.255.255.0
    and click on Save Startup
    iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_ifname` -j MASQUERADE
    and click on Save Firewall

You can find this guide under DDWRT's wiki: <click here for link>

-- edited by unimodem on Jun 15 2019, 06:59 PM
  • @Exposure
    Ano ip address mo sa WAN ng Linksys mo?

Class A private IP (10.x.x.x)
    pppoe-wan Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr:10.214.x.x P-t-P:10.188.x.x Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
    RX packets:5770447 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:3096635 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
    RX bytes:7085930921 (6.5 GiB) TX bytes:316661852 (301.9 MiB)

@Unimodem
    hmmm.. pinapahirapan ko pala sarili ko hahahaha. was trying to setup another VLAN with only the router and the onu in that vlan, then was supposed to do routing in between VLANs. will try your first suggestion when i have time to tinker with the setup again.
  • Guys tanong ko lang lalo na sa mga naka 100mbps. Bumaba ba ang max speed niyo? Nasa 139mbps na lang ako. Dati nakaka 146 - 147mbps pa ako.
  • Guys tanong ko lang lalo na sa mga naka 100mbps. Bumaba ba ang max speed niyo? Nasa 139mbps na lang ako. Dati nakaka 146 - 147mbps pa ako.

kahit yung sa 50mbps, nasa 65 na lang sya ngayon from 70-72mbps.

@Unimodem
    oks na sya, i can access the onu na from the address 192.168.1.254 :) salamats
  • oks na sya, i can access the onu na from the address 192.168.1.254 :) salamats

@pektus
    cool! glad it worked on your end.