*** The TPC Android application IS NOT OFFICIAL. Use it at your own risk! ***
Using the app GIVES THE DEVELOPER ACCESS TO YOUR LOGIN DETAILS.

Forum Topic

Car 101: Tips and FAQ Thread

• ang mamahal ng mga nakikita kong adhesive remover eh. ty

mine is 400 + pesos. But I kept it and use it from time to time to remove gunk. Malaki ang can and it will last for years. Think of it as an investment to make your life easier
  • Changed head unit from Pioneer to Joying 7" Pure Android. Plug and play. Installation was a breeze. It uses same wire color coding as my Pioneer head unit. Touchscreen LCD is very responsive. Sound quality is excellent. Intel Quad Core CPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage.

• dm,

bebenta mo yang pioneer? magkano?

^_^
  • ^I will sell the Pioneer HU later. Right now, nakatago muna sa cabinet. Complete set naman yan with box.
  • pwede ba sa joying yung inav maps?
  • Madalas itanong yan. Iangat mo or hindi is still the same dahil nakabilad sa araw. Wala rin effect yan sa buhay ng rubber or silicone wiper. According to reviews, mahal or murang wiper blade will deteriorate in performance within one year kaya need pa rin palitan.

hindi ba parang piniprito ng windshield yung goma ng wiper? naalala ko noon sa pinas sa labas ako naka park kinabukasan lilinisin ko yung windshield then pag angat ko ng wiper parang dumikit ng kaunti sa windshield.

kaya bumili ako ng pang tukod sa concorde ko ata nabili yon anyway kaya kaasar pag walang garage jinglelan na ng aso,SOFA ng mga tambay at niluluto pa sa araw sa tanghaling tapat lol
  • pwede ba sa joying yung inav maps?

iGO navi app ang kasama sa Joying. You can install Waze or use Google maps. Joying has built-in WIFI so you just connect to your phone mobile hotspot to get online.
  • hindi ba parang piniprito ng windshield yung goma ng wiper? naalala ko noon sa pinas sa labas ako naka park kinabukasan lilinisin ko yung windshield then pag angat ko ng wiper parang dumikit ng kaunti sa windshield.

I never experience that. Baka too old na yung rubber kaya nag-deteriorate na. Again, it does not matter if iangat mo or hindi ang wiper blade.
  • wiper blades are mostly made up of natural or synthetic rubber.... and as rubber deteriorates over time, the wiper blade will too. They say silicon wiper blades do not have that shortfall so it reportedly lasts for years and years without deteriorating.

expensive, yes.... but if it lasts 10 years without cracking or cooking (getting hard over time under the sun), I think its worth it.
  • redwing0001 Send Message View User Items on 22 Apr 17 @ 10:05 PM #
    wiper blades are mostly made up of natural or synthetic rubber.... and as rubber deteriorates over time, the wiper blade will too. They say silicon wiper blades do not have that shortfall so it reportedly lasts for years and years without deteriorating.

expensive, yes.... but if it lasts 10 years without cracking or cooking (getting hard over time under the sun), I think its worth it.

good point, and fact that wipers just sits much longer, doing nothing during our dry/hot weather than rainy days where it's needed.
    then comes the rain you found out your wipers gone useless.
    never tried any silicon blades yet but it could be my next when i have to change.
  • ^ magkano po yang silicone wiper blades?
  • the problem is, no one sells silicon wiper blade refills locally for those who are using the conventional wiper blade and want to use silicon wiper blade....

I remember some stores here that sell sets, but no refills.... online stores have them but I do not know whether they ship to the philippines.... not cheap either but I do not want to change my NWB wiper frame just to buy a silicon wiper blade..... its $15+ per set of 2 pcs 24" long..... PIAA brand (at least its branded)
  • ^ ok yan basta durable at effective. madalang umulan ngayon kasi summer

di ata ako makaka attend sa GEB ng MLPH, nacorner na naman ^_^
  • for comparison, the NWB I use was 900+ each ata, I needed 2. I think the silicon wiper blade set mga 1.5k+ each ata.... not sure now.
  • mine is 400 + pesos

found a 199 peso sticker remover. not a spray but in a bottle. elmers brand, sa ACE
  • the problem is, no one sells silicon wiper blade refills locally for those who are using the conventional wiper blade and want to use silicon wiper blade....

For my previous car, I found one and immediately bought it. That was like 3 or 4 years ago. Have not seen any since. Still ok

I remember some stores here that sell sets, but no refills.... online stores have them but I do not know whether they ship to the philippines..

refills available at the usual online shops like aliexpress or ebay. Amazon may have issues shipping to the philippines but not those two
  • pati lazada meron silicone wiper refill