Forum Topic

Converge ICT Fiber ISP Thread (never ever hard reset your modem and refer to page 1 for FAQs)

• @hamz: hindi nga eh. pero if gumana sa activation yung huawei baka gumana yung superadmin. yung admin sa ilalim ng onu lang. ang mga nap box daw na may 001 di daw pwede si huawei.
  • anything "Gamer" sa router is just marketing.
  • tagal ko na member ng XCLCV, kakalabas palang member na ako pero wala naman akong napapala sana naman hindi boka lang yung tineteas nila at may actual benefits talaga.
  • @adamgwap5

May additional payment Sir for XCLSV?
  • ^

wala naman pero si converge ata ang pumipili ng mga member at handpicked lang ata
  • Regarding the official launch of XCLSV, it looks like they retracted the posts about its supposed launch this Wednesday. Mukhang delayed or na-moved ang official launch.
  • @adamgwap5

Just curious, pinalitan mo na ba yung fiber optic cable na ginagamit mo for your ODI SFP ONT? Hehe.
  • Anyone know the super admin access for Converge's Nokia G-140W-H ONU?
  • @Driz_12

kaya nga biglang naglaho lahat ng mga post

@kevindd992002

as is
  • @adamgwap5

Why though? No offence but you're not doing it right. There are significant optic losses with what you're doing. You should never mate an APC connector (your foc) to a UPC receptacle (your SFP ONT) because there will be an air gap in between.

<click here for link>

-- edited by kevindd992002 on Aug 09 2022, 06:58 PM
  • The game changer plans wording is actually strongly referring to the 'prioritization' as a internet line feature, not a router feature.

https://corporate.convergeict.com/news/converge-aims-to-be-a-game-changer-and-dominate-the-esports-and-gaming-landscape/
  • The game changer plans wording is actually strongly referring to the 'prioritization' as a internet line feature, not a router feature.

wait na lang natin feedback sa mga naka subscribe na kung totoo nga yan prioritization na yan, medyo mahirap gawin yan sa shared connection
  • @Hamz

I agree with you. Madaling sabihin yan just to get our attention. Wait nalang tayo sa mga mag rarant pag di na meet ang expectations.
  • For those na nag pre-signup ng GameChanger plan, may natawagan na ba sa inyo? Nag signup ako nung Aug 8 pero di pa ako na cocontact.
  • @kevindd992002

nah too much trouble di ko naman ramdam im getting more than full speed naman and siguro kung mag upgrade sa 10gb si convege then thats when i will, naka cable manage na din kasi kaya trouble tlga galawin pa.

-

ano na nangyari sa xclsv ni converge 11 na binura pa lahat ng post regarding dyan how disappointing walang isang salita si converge
  • It's not about the speed, it's about the stability of your connection. You can justify all you want but hey, in the end it's your network so do what you will. I'm just saying because I cringe when I see network connections that are incorrect, especially in the fiber optic realm. I don't settle for the "ok na yan" attitude of Filipinos. Lahat na lang dito satin puro "ok na yan, gumagana naman e".

-- edited by kevindd992002 on Aug 11 2022, 01:43 AM
  • @kevindd992002

i use pfsense and nakikita ko ang real time ping/rtt/rttsd sa WANGW and there is very little to no difference vs Default Converge Modem pa yan ang basis and dont worry perfectionist din ako at isa pa i dont settle for "ok na yan" mindset too at at isa pa hindi ako pure pinoy hehe its just that its not worth the trouble na i take down ang whole network ko just for that as i run/host very important stuff but that is noted and in the plans siguro pag nag dagdag ako ng additional 10gb switches saka ko isabay yan

my network usage for reference how my uptime is important

-- edited by adamgwap5 on Aug 11 2022, 07:32 AM
  • Yup. I use pfsense too. And like you, I also host important stuff in my network. I reckon we both have 800Mbps and a static IP subscription from Converge and use the same ODI PON stick. I'm starting to migrate to 10GbE (initially for my NAS, pfsense box, and a single desktop) and have learned a lot about fiber optics these past few months. And one of these learnings is how important it is to mate connectors/receptacles correctly, so I thought I shared. I'm not pure pinoy too, lol.

Your RRD Summary shows insane amount of traffic though! Luging lugi Converge sayo, hehe. You probably have ingress traffic consistently. Here's mine:

-- edited by kevindd992002 on Aug 11 2022, 07:40 AM
  • @adamgwap5 gamit na gamit bandwidth ni converge sayo paps hahaha
  • Does anyone know if upgrade of plan has refresh of lock in or not when outside the lock in period already?

CSR says no, upgrade-now.convergeict.com says yes.
  • Anyone experiencing reaaaaally slow browsing? I'm from Manila
  • any news of FREE speed upgrade for plan 2500? Napapagiwanan na tayo ng Globe at PLDT
  • ^Maybe in the coming months siguro. Pero sa ngayon, hindi pa. Nagpapataas ata sila ng ARPU hence the new plan offerings (Game Changer plans). Ilang consecutive quarter na nagdrodrop ARPU nila dahil sa free speed upgrades haha.
  • pa share naman kung ano latency ni converge dito, thanks <click here for link>
  • Eto na si XCLSV

<click here for link>

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

WHAT IS CONVERGE XCLSV?

XCLSV is the newest offering of Converge that aims to deliver premium experience and the best and personalized customer support.

HOW CAN I BE XCLSV?

Become XCLSV when you subscribe to Converge FiberX Plan 3500.

I AM CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO FIBERX 3500, DO I NEED TO SIGN UP FOR XCLSV?

No need to sign up. You are automatically included in XCLSV.

I AM AN EXISTING CONVERGE SUBSCRIBER, HOW DO I UPGRADE TO XCLSV?

Existing subscribers can apply for an upgrade of their plan to become XCLSV

WHAT DO I GET BY BEING XCLSV?

XCLSV subscribers not only enjoy the high-speed connectivity but can also experience the following:

*Dedicated VIP number
    *Exclusive email support
    *Priority lane in business centers
    *Quarterly account check
    *Free delivery of purchased add-on devices
    *Gifts and tokens for milestones & celebrations
    *Special invite to XCLSV events
  • FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

WHAT IS CONVERGE XCLSV?

XCLSV is the newest offering of Converge that aims to deliver premium experience and the best and personalized customer support.

HOW CAN I BE XCLSV?

Become XCLSV when you subscribe to Converge FiberX Plan 3500.

I AM CURRENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO FIBERX 3500, DO I NEED TO SIGN UP FOR XCLSV?

No need to sign up. You are automatically included in XCLSV.

I AM AN EXISTING CONVERGE SUBSCRIBER, HOW DO I UPGRADE TO XCLSV?

Existing subscribers can apply for an upgrade of their plan to become XCLSV

WHAT DO I GET BY BEING XCLSV?

XCLSV subscribers not only enjoy the high-speed connectivity but can also experience the following:

*Dedicated VIP number
    *Exclusive email support
    *Priority lane in business centers
    *Quarterly account check
    *Free delivery of purchased add-on devices
    *Gifts and tokens for milestones & celebrations
    *Special invite to XCLSV events

This is so bad LOL, you are basically saying, hey I have plan 3500 which I will give the utmost support and priority while you on lower plans are getting nothing.

I don't see this service doing any good for the majority of their subscribers

-- edited by clampzy on Aug 17 2022, 10:27 AM
  • ^parang bad marketing.

Parang hindi maganda yung messaging pa din.
  • But why? Globe mobile plans have similar plans (Platinum) and I don't see it being "bad". That's just how it is. You get prioritized when you pay more but that doesn't mean support for lower plans is non-existent.
  • @kevindd992002

Agree. Even PLDT have similar VIP Plans too.
  • I dont see anything bad about the xclsv plan. They are paying more so definitely should get VIP treatment. lahat naman ng service may VIP club, maski sa passengers ng eroplano meron.