Forum Topic

TPC Canada Chapter

• what does a tab mean anyway?
  • Me and the wife are also about to finish our 2 year phone term.

I am looking to get a samsung note 8, 9 or 10 (should be released in Aug). What would be the best deal?
  • 360 tab = device balance for 2years (15 per month * 24months = 360)

and then may libre na 200GC. so all in all, ang babayaran lang is 360 tab balance + 35 activation fee + taxes, less 200GC.... solb!

nasa 250ish inlcuding taxes for Google Pixel 3a XL midrange phone, while in the US it retails for 479USD. laking tipid!

less 100CAD for tangerine raptors promo, oks na oks. Google Pixel 3a XL pampalit ko sa 2013 Sony Xperia phone. ramdam na ramdam ang upgrade.

-- edited by ryanrudolf on Jun 23 2019, 01:13 PM
  • How much per month for the line?
  • How much per month for the line?

none, i cancelled 1 day after activation.

im using it now together with my Fido 3GB data only plan at 7.50per month. data only then via VoIP for calls and SMS. laking tipid ng VoIP!

-- edited by ryanrudolf on Jun 24 2019, 11:58 PM
  • @ryanrudolf

di ka ba naka 100% off sa 3GB dataplan mo? sa akin naka 100% off ako for 1 year... bale $0 a month ang bill ko for 1 year... also 4GB na ang offer nila ngayon... will upgrade to 4GB pag tumawag ako sa Fido.

some people in RFD got another 100% off on their 2nd year by calling for it again... kaya balak ko tumawag pag malapit na ang expiry ng discount ko
  • @rolandg

Yung 4gb ng fido, walang sms / voice capability. Kelangan ko yung sms shortcodes kaya stick na lang ako sa 3gb.

50% off lang binigay sa akin dati nung kumuha ako ng discounted ipad sa kanila.
  • adonis827 Send Message View User Items on 23 Jun 19 @ 09:04 AM #

Me and the wife are also about to finish our 2 year phone term.

I am looking to get a samsung note 8, 9 or 10 (should be released in Aug). What would be the best deal?

you should already know the answer to your question.
  • ^ I mean if any network has the monthly cost lowest i would consider it. We are looking to cut costs to be honest
  • Hi,

Good day. I would like to know if you have a recommendation on which city to choose if you are planning to study in Canada at the same time work as part time?

My wife and I are trying to push for the student path way.

My wife will study and the plan is to get me a working visa.

My wife has background in manufacturing, and in supply chain/logistics both in Sunpower.
    For me all my experience came from contact center (customer/technical services).

We would appreciate any kind of suggestions/tips. TIA!
  • Wala ba kayong kamag anak? Kung wala Winnipeg- city pero medyo mura ang cost of living kumpara sa iba. Ingat lang daming krimen
  • just an update, i got my bill now from koodoo - 450 all in for Pixel 3a XL including 1day of service. then i'll use the 200GC so all in all not too bad!
  • Wala ba kayong kamag anak? Kung wala Winnipeg- city pero medyo mura ang cost of living kumpara sa iba. Ingat lang daming krimen

@adonis827

- Yes sir walang kamag anak. Thoughts on New Brunswick, British Columbia?
  • Bc bery costly not sure kung totoo diyan sa lugar na iyan. Vancouver for sure mahal. Consider mo din kung saan maraming pinoy
  • Guys pasok ba sa work experience kung self employed freelancer ka for EE? Web dev (Skill level A) yung linya ng work ko. Thanks sa inputs!

-- edited by jerikoh2k5 on Jul 02 2019, 11:13 AM
  • ^ kung makakakuha ka ng certificate siguro
  • @jerikoh2k5
    try nyo po check to, baka makatulong...
    <click here for link>
  • Self employed freelancer, Web dev (Skill level A) yung linya ng work ko

mabilisang sagot: No. See below, it's clearly defined.

Self-employed person
    An immigrant admitted to Canada because they have relevant experience in working for himself or herself. The person must intend and be able to become self-employed in Canada in the arts or athletics.

Relevant experience
    When applying to immigrate as a self-employed person, relevant experience means:
    at least two one-year periods of experience in the period from five years before the application date to the day a decision is made on the application.

Experience must be in one of these areas:
    self-employment in cultural activities or athletics or,
    participating in cultural activities or athletics at the world-class level

Reference:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#relevant_experience
  • Anyone snagged the free 100cad promo from tangerine? Got mine credited! Will use it to pay for my 3a XL, bringing total out of pocket cost to 150.50 cad! Not bad for a midrange pixel phone
  • @adonis827 @thachad098 @jay_soriano56

Thanks sa inputs guys. Sorry, I didn't make it clear what I am trying is to work as an FSW in Canada and not as a self-employed person there. But yung experience ko dito sa Pinas is mostly work from home lang. I have certificates from my previous foreign clients btw. Pwede kaya ito? Thanks again guys!
  • @jerikoh2k5

What are the minimum requirements to apply as a federal skilled worker?
    <click here for link>

The minimum requirements for federal skilled workers are:

Skilled work experience
    You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in a skilled occupation listed in Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B of the 2016 version of Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Language ability
    You must show that you meet or exceed the language threshold of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 with test results from a IRCC-designated language testing organization.

Education
    You must provide either a Canadian educational credential or a foreign educational credential and an Educational Credential Assessment report from a designated agency to prove that your overseas diploma, degree or certificate is equivalent to a completed Canadian credential. (Points will be awarded based on the completed Canadian educational credential or the value of the foreign educational credential in Canadian standards.)

If you meet all the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.
  • @ryanrudolf

Thanks Sir
  • Brother ko kararating lang dyan sa Canada 2 weeks ago, Sa Vancouver B.C. yata. Permanent resident na wife nya applying for citizenship.
  • ^ that is so nice. good luck sa bro mo

-- edited by adonis827 on Sep 17 2019, 09:09 AM
  • kapag bumili ka ba ng phone sa kodoo o sa fido- naka lock ba yung phone nila? curious kung posible
  • unlocked na ang lahat ng phone sa when it comes from Canadian providers... bawal na ang locked phone
  • Puwede kang bumili sa kodoo o fido ng phone lang without line?

• Puwede kang bumili sa kodoo o fido ng phone lang without line?

Yung 3a XL ko galing koodoo. Kinuha ko yung large tab tas pinakamurang plan. Next day cancel agad. So ang bayad lang is tab balance plus 1day of service. Bonus is may 200 GC na kasama so all in all nasa 250ish for.3a XL.
  • Yung 3a XL ko galing koodoo. Kinuha ko yung large tab tas pinakamurang plan. Next day cancel agad. So ang bayad lang is tab balance plus 1day of service. Bonus is may 200 GC na kasama so all in all nasa 250ish for.3a XL.

they closed this loophole last month... dati kasi you can cancel and just pay the tab balance (24 month contract price), but now they added a stipulation that you also lose the discount and they will charge the discount and the tab... so kung $360 ang tab and they discounted the $1000 phone with $640 so that the remaining tab you have to pay is only $15 a month ($360 for 24 months), before they only charge you the tab and service... now they will charge you tab + service + discount (full price) when you cancel the service within 24 months...

You can buy phone from Fido/Koodoo without line, under the prepaid service (no contract) kaso mahal ang phone price (pero sometimes may sale, kaso bihira and mga pangit na phones ang offer)...
  • magkano mga phone lines niyo? alam ko si ryanrudolf naka voip service.

mukhang trap kami sa bell mts. $110 2 lines ng s10e best offer nila so far.

yung classmate ko sa rogers 2 lines ng s10 $110. mukhang mas gusto ko yung sa kanila.

parang wala akong makitang promo sa mga lilipat. mga bagong lines ngayon nasa $100.