Forum Topic

Gaming mouse DIY (double click, switch swap, harness and etc)

• May kilala po ba kayo na kaya mag reduce ng weight for g pro wireless? Di ko pa afford super light eh hehe
  • One thing that I noticed when I got the Superlight is that the left mouse button had some play which felt very annoying when clicking. It didn't have the usual crisp click, but instead it had some take up, then what I can describe as a two-stage click which is a click followed by another click which is more tactile than audible. Seems like the button or dot on the switch was slipping to the side likely due to a manufacturing defect. I didn't bother to RMA since it gave me an opportunity perform a few mods to the mouse.

So here, I installed a pair of Kailh GM 8.0 microswitches for the left and right mouse buttons as well as mounting the optional grip tape that Logitech provides with the PRO X Superlight:

Since the stock mouse feet tends to get ruined upon removal, I changed them to a set of Corepad feet.

Was it worth it? I dunno. They surely didn't make me a better player. lol.

Seriously, I think I need some time to adjust to this new setup.

I still prefer the feel of stock 20M Omron D2FC-F-7N(G1) white dots that Logitech uses in their recent mice over the Kailh. I find the Kailh GM 8.0 a bit stiffer and louder.

As for the Corepad feet, they're very slippery and because of the lighter weight of the mouse, I had to lower my in-game sensitivity settings slightly to be able to hit stuff.

-- edited by MrBungle on Feb 19 2021, 04:10 PM