Forum Topic

Xiaomi AX3600

• Xiaomi AX3600 users here!

Great upgrade for me from Xiaomi R3P!

stable connection from all my xiaomi products (electric fan, air purifier, robot vacuum, philips study lamp, rice cooker, solar cctv, phones, google mini, yeelight leds, etc

farther coverage than r3p

Na miss ko lang yung usb sa r3p kasi wala ax3600

-- edited by aamd on Aug 05 2020, 02:41 AM
  • hello may tanong lang ako regarding ax3600 kasi sa ax1800 ata wala eh working ba yung option for guest network?
  • ax3600 working ang guest network
  • Chinese firmware 1.0.66 download <click here for link>

Chinese firmware 1.0.67 download
    <click here for link>

Global firmware 3.0.22 download <click here for link>

-- edited by aamd on Nov 06 2020, 09:50 PM
  • this router is really cheap, got it for 3.8k (after discounts vouchers + shopee coins). original price is 4.6k

di bale tinest ko lang after that balik box na, babalikan ko na lang to next year after OpenWRT is finally supported, hinihintay na lang yung next LTS ng OpenWRT para masupported na finally.
  • waiting for 11.11 sale

planning to get this router
  • The Chinese and the Global version.

• ^ nice, but if your onto a OpenWRT with this router, mas maganda opt in with the chinese version since there's a exploitable firmware that you can enable SSH on it unlike the English version.
  • Chinese release has many advantages compared to global.

Wait and see on the updates.
  • Mga bossing, what makes this Xiaomi AX6000 better than Huawei AX3 Pro? Mas mura kasi si Huawei...
  • ^
    Di ko pa na try Huawei pero yung globe at home lte ko huawei yun with built in wifi. I disabled the wifi feature and connected AX3600

I noticed a huge improvement in terms of signal and speed kung ax3600 ang gagamitin as wifi

-- edited by aamd on Nov 15 2020, 12:57 PM
  • paano po malalaman if yung nabili or yung router ay china version ?
  • ^
    kung nandyan pa yung box malalaman mo agad kung chinese or global

kung wala yung box, sa firmware makikita mo thru app or miwifi
  • paano po malalaman if yung nabili or yung router ay china version ?

just buy it on chinese resellers sa lazada or shopee, most likely Chinese version ibibigay sayo, meron din english version but usually sold here locally but this one is more expensive about 300-500 much more expensive.

sa box, isang tingin mo lang malalaman mo na yan, if the entire box is written in english, then english version nakuha mo, else, puro chinese naka sular dyan pag chinese version yung router.

as for the internals, theyre basically the same, according the openwrt dudes, its basically just a lock on bootrom but hardware wise, theyre basically the same. it's all qualcomm hardware goodness here, down from CPU, switch and wifi. theyre all solid hardware, kaya nga na-label yung router nato na best bang for the buck router, wala sinabi yan sa Asus, Netgear routers in same price range that is probably using a cheap-o mediatek chipset on it.
  • Was about to buy asus tuf ax3000. then seen this router while doing google search Lol.

would this be better compared to asus tuf ax3000? @ 6,800 (sale with voucher)
  • My first xiaomi router is the R3P and it did not disappoint.

I migrated to AX3600 because of the AloT technology and mesh function.

For now, as for my experience, you will never go wrong with xiaomi routers.

I use it because of price and quality consideration.
  • @yeah

the good thing with asus is the software side (firmware) of the router, so its all up to you. The AIProtectection thingy on this router is a plus, though you can also get the same feature if you use a alternative DNS server such as OpenDNS which this Ai protection do anyway.

some people are being skeptical when it comes to security given that this thing is made in china specially if you bought the chinese version of the router, there's a chance that there some sort of spyware on it, this is why Im waiting for this router to be officially supported by OpenWRT just to be safe, everything else, Xiaomi brand offers more performance for less money.

as for gaming both router offers some sort of QoS solution, asus has dedicated port for gaming while xiaomi can be configured via its app.

in short, parehas lang yan, talk to you wallet na lang for more inquires since Xiaomi offers more performance for less money.
  • polka Send Message View User Items on 15 Nov 20 @ 09:06 PM #

@yeah

the good thing with asus is the software side (firmware) of the router, so its all up to you. The AIProtectection thingy on this router is a plus, though you can also get the same feature if you use a alternative DNS server such as OpenDNS which this Ai protection do anyway.

some people are being skeptical when it comes to security given that this thing is made in china specially if you bought the chinese version of the router, there's a chance that there some sort of spyware on it, this is why Im waiting for this router to be officially supported by OpenWRT just to be safe, everything else, Xiaomi brand offers more performance for less money.

as for gaming both router offers some sort of QoS solution, asus has dedicated port for gaming while xiaomi can be configured via its app.

in short, parehas lang yan, talk to you wallet na lang for more inquires since Xiaomi offers more performance for less money.

Thank you for your feedback. been using the xiaomi 3 for 3 years. had a bad experience with it specially with 5ghz channel. will try asus this time. pero price point is really tempting for AX3600
  • Glad I didn't order this online, I was supposed to last 11.11 but eventually decided to postpone my purchase. So today I passed by the Mi Store at SM Sta. Rosa and lo and behold they had the AX3600 for 4,999! So here I am in front of my PC in my room typing this while connected to my brand new AX3600 which is located at the 1st floor without using a wifi extender (removed my ASUS AC-RP52 extender). I tried watching an 8gb HD movie on my phone shared from my PC and skipping to different parts of the movie was instantaneous unlike before wherein there would be delays.

On my drive home I was really hoping that I won't regret my impulse buy and now that I've tested it I am very happy and satisfied with my purchase.
  • @theDUD3, is that the global or Chinese version?
  • AX3600 bought in Xiaomi PH stores are Global Version.

You can get chinese version either in lazada or shopee.
  • nagp unta ako sa mall kanina xiaomi store mismo yung ax3600 nila mas mura nasa 4500 pesos compared sa nasa lazada

global version yung benta ni xiaomi store , question , pwede ko po ba installan ng chinese fw or gawing chinese version ito ? since sa nabasa ko dito ay mas okay yung chinese verison compared sa global
  • ^ 4,500!!! 4,999 kuha ko sa mi store last week. hahaha!
  • So far cheapest is at shopee online. With all discounts, coins, free shipping the price will go down up to 3.X k pesos.

up to this date, i think the best version is Chinese.

fw for global and chinese is available on the first page. Flash at your own risk.

You may install and uninstall but the original region time will remain the same.

Connecting through mesh between Chinese and global is not possible.

• WIFI is stable. Less interference.
  • anyone here on a bridged setup? Baka lang may nakakaalam on how to access the modem without putting another lan cable from router to modem.

My setup:
    Modem IP: 192.168.0.1 (DHCP OFF)
    Router IP: 192.168.0.2 (DHCP 192.168.100 onwards)
    Subnet is same for both 255.255.255.0
  • Meron bang parental control ito?
  • grexk

meron parental control

sa android app pwede i configure, just click on the device, you can choose

1. children protection
    2. deny internet access
    3. access control

On the main tab, you can add to blacklist, grant full access and perform QoS

I am currently using it on a kiddo. It works!
    You can block the device
  • meron rin ba itong AX36000 ng bandwidth limiter per ip/mac address?
  • meron rin ba itong AX36000 ng bandwidth limiter per ip/mac address?

Yup!

Btw, Xiaomi just released the AX9000.