Forum Topic

Do-It-Yourself Laptop and Notebook Upgrading, Modding and Repairing

• boyscout Send Message View User Items on 20 Jul 20 @ 07:03 PM #

super taas ng temps na yan for longevity. sa msi afterburner you have to adjust the curve. an easier way to do it is after opening the voltage curve choose mv sa ilalim about .850mv tapos hanapin mo katapat na dot tapos click mo tapos ctrl L. mag lock yan sa .825mv although lower clock speed tignan mo kung bababa fps but watch the temps di aabot ng 80C and gpu. at di aabot ng 90C ang CPU.

yes sir actually super stress testing yun... AIDA64 + MSI Afterburner...

After that nag apply ako ng bagong paste and the temps sit around 50-70c... also sir regular laptop yung with a 3rd gen i5... lumang luma na kuripot lang yung tropa kaya nirepair ko... im planning more repair videos and builds mga sir so please subscribe naman help a fellow TPCer mga sir
  • Mga bossing, upgrade ko kasi yung ram ng luma kong laptop (ACER Travelmate P256-MG), tanong ko lang kung compatible yung nasa pic bago ko bilhin. Salamat.

• @fortloki

If the processor in that laptop is a 4th generation Core i series like the i5-4200U, i7-4500U, etc. then the answer is no. These processors require DDR3L which runs at 1.35 volts (regular DDR3 runs at 1.5v). These can be identified by the prefix PC3L or DDR3L.

• If the processor in that laptop is a 4th generation Core i series like the i5-4200U, i7-4500U, etc. then the answer is no. These processors require DDR3L which runs at 1.35 volts (regular DDR3 runs at 1.5v). These can be identified by the prefix PC3L or DDR3L.

Im using a 4th gen 4810mq on my lappy (different brand) and regular SODIMM DDR3 works OK.

Maybe the DDR3L is strictly enforced on the U series

-- edited by ryanrudolf on Aug 07 2020, 01:38 AM