Forum Topic

Unified TV series thread (no piracy discussion)

• Watching The Liberators on netflix. Historical war drama presented in rotoscoping ala A Scanner Darkly. Anyway will give feedback after 1 episode.
  • The Blacklist season 8 start!
  • mandalorian ep 3
    - may another faction that wants to get the dark saber, parang excited na ako sa finale pano mangyayari battle

ofc the mandalorian will be caught up sa situation for sure.

also ep 4
    a fan favorite jedi should appear :D
  • ^ comeback is real, ang kulit ng series dati nyan hehehe
  • Hehe, for those expecting na comedy pa din yung reboot... :)

• Finished Purge s1 and s2

8/10 Pretty well made. Focused on moral dilemma of people involved in the purge. Then expounding on the groups involved like nffa and cults. I expected maging boring sya pero I feel this was even better than the movies. May cameo pa yun isang artista dito hehe.
  • ^ oooohhh nice, super layo sa orig, sans the laugh tracks, damn!
  • ^oo haha. Intense season 2 kasi more focused sa specific people. Season 1 more on survival and family.
  • Sa wakas natapos din ang Supernatural pero hindi ako nagandahan sa ending.
  • na hook ako sa The Blacklist ah...season 1 complete in 2 days...eff work from home haha..sarap tignan ng mukha ni Megan Boone :D...and ang galing ni James Spader talagang matic pag need ng casting sa character na oozing with confidence sya na agad bagay eh
  • Im watching The Crown. I was bored so I was looking for a new tv series to enjoy. I tried I'm Not Okay With This but got bored immediately. I also tried Iris but camera work was too shaky it was unbearable to watch. So I tried one episode of The Crown and surprisingly the first ep was decent enough to convince me to try the next episode. And 3 days later im on s2e7.

Maganda. It's not really gripping. Each episode feels like a stand alone story. It doesnt end with a cliffhanger. Yet each episode has its own charm. So yeah I now get the buzz.
  • just finished Persons of Interests season 5

bitin ako any alternative na same genre?

currently SEAL SIX at Taken...
  • Glad you watched POI
    for me, it was an acceptable ending.
    characters were touching.
  • Queen's Gambit

6/10. just not my taste.
  • liberator
    8/10
    one of a kind animation and unique war story
  • @antrickle
    Been lurking on these show threads ikaw lang siguro at deadmanwade na wala pang review niyang show ang na disappoint sa Queen's Gambit, maybe because of too much googling for reviews and you found out na hindi siya true story. Pinanood ko siya and was expecting it to be based on a true story. But thankfully I finished the show first before knowing it was not and gave it a respectable 8/10.
  • @antrickle
    Been lurking on these show threads ikaw lang siguro at deadmanwade na wala pang review niyang show ang na disappoint sa Queen's Gambit, maybe because of too much googling for reviews and you found out na hindi siya true story. Pinanood ko siya and was expecting it to be based on a true story. But thankfully I finished the show first before knowing it was not and gave it a respectable 8/10.

Sir,

Para clear lang po, hindi ako disappointed since I seldomly put any expectations on what I watch or plant to watch.

the 4 demeritt can be attributable to my subjectivity on the series, hence, 'just not my taste'.

unsolicited advise sir, please don't put assumptions on why other members give not as much rating as you do. peace.
    ======================

para hindi OT, series rin naman ito.
    Steins Gate S1 & S2, released 2011, and recently watched it, and boy oh boy, time travel premise couldn't get any flavorful.

story - 10/10
    there are dragging moments, yes.
    cliffhangers - 10/10
    this is the best anime series to date, for me.

I value; story, cliffhangers and afterwatching-reviews (minsan hindi ko abot and meaning he he)
    I distaste; cliches, plot armors, and predictability.
  • @antrickle
    Sorry if I offended you, but I'm not criticizing your review or rating. Rating the show 6/10 I assumed you watched all of the episodes and if yes, if the show is not your taste why continue watching til the end?
  • Oist143 Send Message View User Items on 27 Nov 20 @ 12:54 PM #

@antrickle
    Sorry if I offended you, but I'm not criticizing your review or rating. Rating the show 6/10 I assumed you watched all of the episodes and if yes, if the show is not your taste why continue watching til the end?

no offense taken, just clearing my stand sir.
    it's a mini series, yes i watched it entirely,
    respectfully, wag ko nalang sagutin last question nyo sir, thanks
  • Good point. Hirap nga isipin na pipilitin mo sarili mo tapusin yung series na di mo naman nagustuhan. Unless required sa school. Hehe.
  • lxi97 Send Message View User Items on 27 Nov 20 @ 01:43 PM #

Good point. Hirap nga isipin na pipilitin mo sarili mo tapusin yung series na di mo naman nagustuhan. Unless required sa school. Hehe.

Or required ni Misis ha ha ha.
  • Ayun. Biktima din ako niyan. Lol.
  • Di ko pala na post review ko on Queen's Gambit?

Anyway I liked it. Ambilis nga eh. I was expecting 10 eps or at least 8. Nagtapos agad sa 7. Maganda. May background din kasi ako sa chess though di ko sineryoso. Anyway to me the series is good and decent. Ganda ng costume design glamorous yet subtle. Anya Taylor Joy though weird talaga itsura nya kasi mukhang alien eh parang bumagay din sa personality nung character.

So yeah I like Queen's Gambit kaya di rin mahirap i-digest The Crown kasi glamoroso din ang mga characters.
  • Btw regarding sa tanong kung bakit tinatapos kahit di nagustuhan, well dahil sayang yung oras na ininvest eh.

I remember getting excited with Helstrom kasi okay naman first few episodes but then pumangit sa huli pero tinapos ko na lang din. Same with Umbrella Academy. Okay yung season 1. Gets ko yung vibe. Kaya pinanood ko s2. But midseason eh I sensed na paulit2 yung bangayan ng magkakapatid. Nakakasawa. But tinapos ko pa rin. But Im thinking of skipling s3.

Normally I judge the first episode of a show. Pag panget first ep, meaning di sya engaging for my taste, I drop it right away. Kung okay naman first ep, automatic papanoorin ang 2nd and 3rd ep. Pero minsan mid season pumapanget so either tatapusin ko o hindi. It's up to me.
  • Anyone watching Next?
  • ^2/5 cancelled na sya",
  • ^
    Oh Sayang!

Whos excited for The Stand?

-- edited by Zanarkand on Dec 01 2020, 09:53 AM
  • 1 season pa lang yan. Pinanood ko 1st and 2nd ep tapos it took weeks para masundan kaya di ko na pinanood. Di masyado engaging for its premise. Kulang sa execution. Parang eagle eye diba.
  • First 3 eps of Cobra Kai.

8.5/10
    I like the redemptive feels nung after the movie.
    I consider this a fatherly / family / feel good series.