Forum Topic

Official Microsoft Windows OS Thread (No Trading and Discussions of Piracy!)

• If it's from a valid product key or licensed through an OEM system, it shouldn't be a problem pag dating sa validity ng Windows. I also have a 6th gen system though galing Windows 8 to Windows 10 lang. Haven't bothered to upgrade yet. Wala pa ako nikikitang advantage/need.

You'll have to force a Windows 11 install though since hindi officially supported ang 6th gen ng Intel. You should be able to rollback in case hindi maganda performance.
  • ^ sir, i just updated my 6th gen pc to w11. license ok naman carried over to w11 pro. tried updating, ok naman, even after installing the updates and rebooting. apps and games no changes sa performance except CP2077 parang biglang may stuttering...
  • Update gpu driver kung d pa updated. Try for a few days. If you're not happy with win 11, you should be able to roll back to win10
  • Pwede ba mag change ng wifi password ang isang naka login na Guest account sa Windows 8.1? Kung hindi, anong way para makagawa ng account that behaves like a Guest account pero kaya palitan ang wifi password?
  • What do you mean by "change ng wifi password" ? Do you mean change the password of the wifi in your home/area? It's not like anyone can change that without accessing the router 1st. It doesn't matter what kind of account you have. Kung alam mo naman ung router password, kahit anong browser pwede mo gamitin, kahit sa celphone.
  • ^ If the password of the router has changed, you also need to change the password in Windows for you to have access again, right? That's what I meant by changing the wifi password entered in Windows 8.1
  • If you are just connecting/reconnecting to a wifi network in windows 8.1, then this article says, yes, you can from a guest account:

<click here for link>

• Question for Windows 11 users

Does shutting down your computer resets the CPU up time? Someone told me that shutting down doesn't reset the CPU up time and it will only reset when you restart the computer

I tried to fully shutdown my PC but it resets the CPU up time. Does this mean that my PC have fast boot disabled? Because my Windows 11 PC has longer shutdown and boot time compared to when I'm still using Windows 10

-- edited by garie234 on Aug 01 2022, 12:55 AM
  • @garie234

Ganyan po talaga sa Windows 11.
  • ^good to know

umay lang talaga ung shutdown at boot time ng Windows 11 kumpara sa Windows 10. 12700k kasi CPU ko kaya napilitan magupgrade to Windows 11
  • @garie234

For me mas swabe Windows 11 compared to Windows 10. I am using an ASUS Zenbook laptop with 12700H and an SFF Rig with Ryzen 7 5700X both running Windows 11. No complaints here.
  • Fixed the fast boot settings by enabling Windows 10/11 WHQL support in the UEFI

Now shutting down and boot time is just as fast when I'm still using Windows 10 before and the CPU up time doesn't reset anymore even if I shutdown my PC

• magkano ba price range ng legit product key ng windows10 ngayon at saan legit nabibili
  • https://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows/compare-windows-10-home-vs-pro

Windows 10 Home: 9,999 pesos
    Windows 10 Pro: 14,999 pesos
  • Windows 10 pwede install without license with some locked limitation. Ganun pa rin ba sa Windows 11? or bigla na lang maglock asking you to buy a license?

Note: I'm using Windows 10 Pro in my two machine without inserting a license and working pa rin naman. Though, curious ako sa Windows 11 if Microsoft is providing the same approach.

-- edited by expert_gamer on Aug 22 2022, 02:50 AM
  • ^ Windows 11 activation works like Windows 10 as long as you are using the same mobo your activated/legit Windows 10/11 was installed on it will automatically be activated whenever you reformat your PC, also, if you already have an activated Windows 10 PC you do not need to buy a Windows 11 key to install Windows 11 on that PC.
  • ^
    Yes. For peeps with a valid license.

My case kasi I don't have a license, so activation is out of the question. For Windows 10, we can install it all we want but limited functionality and may watermark. Same din kaya si Windows 11?

Parang unang beses pa lang ung Windows 10 to be installed and used like that way.
  • Post deleted #12426845
  • Hmmm... apparently, installed windows 11 even without a license. Mukhang same behavior naman ng window 10 with watermark sa right corner. Naparanoid lang like the days of windows XP or any version of old.

Parang gusto ko try ung cheap licenses na laging featured sa mga youtube reviews pero skeptical kasi ako parang gray market licenses or worst illegal/stolen/volume licensing.

-- edited by expert_gamer on Sep 04 2022, 05:34 PM
  • Parang may nagtanong/nag-mention something about cheap windows keys online. Na-curious ako and it was cheap so tried it out. Got a Windows 10 and it activated without issues.

Sakto rin, got a good deal on a Ryzen/mobo bundle and after getting ram and nvme, installed windows and activated using purchased key. No problems with updates, drivers and software... and then hindi ako maka-add ng gmail account sa Windows mail. Tried several times pero ayaw pa rin. Iniwan ko muna, could be a problem sa side ni MS.

Started installing other things like steam, epic games, no problems. Then pagdating ng microsoft store (to install gamepass pc) biglang may error and ayaw tumuloy. Did basic troubleshooting as well as guides online pero ayaw pa rin gumana. Read some articles and one of them said that Windows digital license could have restrictions. Wanted to check if this could be the case. I was thinking reinstalling Win 10 again and check if the MS store would work then. However, since supported naman ng proc/mobo ung Win 11, decided to upgrade 1st, test and reinstall after if the problem was still there.

Ang tagal nung pag upgrade to Win 11. Was doing stuff around the house and came back several times and surprised na di pa tapos. Ung Win 10 fresh install kasi saglit lang.

After Win 11 finished installing and getting flabergasted na nasa gitna ung start button, tried MS store again and... ganun pa rin. Mukha talaga it's getting blocked although I turned off the AV shield during troubleshooting without success. Anyway, next step would have been to reinstall anyway so tried uninstalling AV (Avast) anyway. WTF, gumana na si MS store. Tried adding the gmail accounts to windows mail, gumana rin. Langya tong AV. Reinstalled it and no more issues with MS store, nagkaproblem lang siguro ung AV during install and setup.

Sorry for the long kwento/rant. The TLDR is the cheap key worked. Though I did watch some videos and read some articles before hand and they did mention na baka galing corporate key or volume license, meaning if those get cancelled, you lose your license as well. I guess if that happens, will get a legit key then. Previously kasi, was getting OEM systems so parating may kasamang Windows license.
  • Also currently using windows 10 license na around 500 pesos lang. Wala ako naging problema so far and can even freshly install windows 11. Microsoft store is working and even used game pass for a while.
  • Hindi ba usually mga OEM keys ang mga nakukuha sa third party key resellers?

Mahirap nga kung galing volume license yung mga binebenta nila, anytime pwede ma cancel.
  • Kapresyo lang ng McChicken meal. Pag na-cancel palitan na lang
  • ^
    agree sir... if alam ko lang na may ganyan, di na ako gumastos dati ng 6k para lang sa OS.
  • Medyo naparanoid lang din ako kaya medyo nagdadalawang isip. Mamaya baka visible mga info, etc. sa owner or nagdistribute ng keys.
  • I have been using the Windows 11 Pro key from that site on my ITX build since July wala naman issues. Got it for 1.2k at that time mas mataas na siguro ngayon dahil sa mataas na exchange rate.

Kapresyo lang ng McChicken meal. Pag na-cancel palitan na lang

I agree 100%. Imho, if you can spend so much on high-end parts dapat you can spend on a legit OS din. Kung sakaling mag-upgrade man ako ulit in the next 6-12 months bibili na lang ulit ako ng license.

-- edited by ccl2003 on Sep 08 2022, 04:43 PM
  • I still have my Windows 7 retail key and used to activate Windows 11 albeit a Home edition. Back then this key cost me around 8k pesos, given that the key still work even today that I purchased a decade ago, its not a bad purchase. This key has gone about 3 major activation transfer so far.
  • @bum4now

I bought one of those cheap keys too and it lasted for so long until nasira yung motherboard ko. Unfortunately hindi naactivate sa new motherboard. I didn't bother getting a new key or a legit key and just kept Windows unactivated haha. Oks naman. I don't really care much for customization. At least may updates naman so all goods.

Pero definitely worth getting a legit key kasi pwede reuse yan on newer PCs as much as you like
  • Only retail keys can be transferred to other systems altho you'll need to call Microsoft support.

Ung luma kong lenovo started with windows 8, was able upgrade free to Windows 10. Could probably do the registry hack to go windows 11 pero malamang may performance hit na so staying with 10.

The free upgrades started with Windows 7 if I remember correctly. Ung legit Vista ko hindi ko ma-upgrade because there was no option.
  • Only retail keys can be transferred to other systems altho you'll need to call Microsoft support.

If your retail Windows license activation status is like this:

"Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

It’s possible to transfer the license without calling support. I was able to do this recently when I changed my computer’s CPU and motherboard and also when I replaced my office desktop with an Intel NUC mini PC.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reactivating-windows-after-a-hardware-change-2c0e962a-f04c-145b-6ead-fb3fc72b6665