Forum Topic

Tomato flashed Dual wan Router from CD-R KING (CW-5356U/CW-5358U) Read Page1

• Is it possible to set this up
    Network config
    192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0

VPN Client (CyberGhost, Hidemyass .. etc)

Switch to normal to vpn only by changing the gateway on your network card (client)
    192.168.1.1 (Normal Internet)
    192.168.1.2 (VPN'ed Internet) < uses 192.168.1.1 to connect to VPN Provider

I think its possible with two routers

-- edited by tclatr on Jan 18 2017, 01:09 PM
  • ^possible but not recommended.

just use the OpenVPN policy routing feature (available on v129 or later) with that you can assign a few devices (IP addresse/s) to route to VPN only while other route to no-vpn.
  • ^noted sir polka!
  • hello, inupgrade ko po yung cw-5356u ko to v138, okay naman po sya kaso hindi po umiilaw yung usb led niya. Paano po ayusin? Thanks po.

-- edited by whysooawesome on Jan 19 2017, 10:45 PM

-- edited by whysooawesome on Jan 22 2017, 04:17 PM
  • hindi yata talaga umiilaw yung usb led. pero kung working naman ok lang.
  • you can lit that light up using this command

gpio enable 8

of course even if that light doesnt come up, the USB functionality will still work as usual.
  • @polka

thanks po. umiilaw na po ulit yung usb led.
  • paano po ioverclock cpu ni cw-5356u? thank you po.
  • by polka
    overclocked my 5356u to 480mhz

nvram set clkfreq=480,160,80
    nvram commit
    reboot

BACK TO NORMAL

reset NVRAM
  • @icedbox2002

safe po ba yang values na yan?

@all

sino na po nakapagtest magoverclock sa inyo.

-- edited by whysooawesome on Jan 26 2017, 12:46 AM
  • Thanks sa thread na 'to, nakabili rin ako ng cw-5358u (wala stock sa Metro Manila, sa SM Bacoor branch ako nakabili).

I have few questions:
    1. I connected my 1TB Seagate Pasport HDD kay cw-5358u, gaano kabilis file transfer speed nyo if magtransfer kayo through WiFi? Sa akin kasi almost 5MB/s. Ito na ba ang maximum file transfer speed nya?

2. Pede ba baguhin name nya kasi nakalagay sa PC ko (sa Network folder) is "UNKNOWN" computer sya.

I'm still using the stock firmware 1.28.0223 MIPSR2 K26 USB BT-VPN

TIA.
  • question po re cw 5358u

nag-upgrade po ako ngayon to "tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-132-Nocat-VPN"

wala namang problema or error sa upgrade process,

pero pagkatapos, ayaw nang gumana ng ethernet ports , sinubukan ko na sa ilang mga laptops, laging 169 ip, kahit ilagay ko yun IP manually, hindi pa rin makakonekta sa router.

gumagana naman wireless connections
  • @bgbdbstrd
    try mo ifconfig, pag di lumabas mga ethernet ports mo gg ka jtag mo yan.
  • @bgbdbstrd

nag-upgrade po ako ngayon to "tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-132-Nocat-VPN"

8.2MB po yan.

8MB lang flash ni cw-5358u.
  • thanks guys!

@allankazemura - how would i know which ones are the ethernet ports? eth0 and eth1 shows up, the wireless connections are under eth1, pero walang lumalabas na eth0 kahit naka-konekta isang ethernet port

@whysooawesome - what's the advisable version to use? didnt give an error when i used this version, just followed the recommendation on the previous page (http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-132-EN/Asus%20RT-Nxx/)
  • ^setup VLAN, see @Bluemartini's post at page 1 for guide.
  • Saan branch po ba ng cd r king meron CW-5358U unit, Halos lahat ng puntahan ko wala

Thanks TPC
  • assume it na wala na yan, look for alternatives na lang.

check here for supported routers: <click here for link>

then with the list of supported routers, go to lazada or amazon and buy it from there. Dont get youre hopes up in local stores here in Philippines, usually majority of the stocks are just too crappy (you know that sub Php500 peso router you see lately) and if there are good ones that has a reasonable price on it, usually solds out in days, that only means that marami naghahanap ng magandang router at hindi exception yung router ng CDRKING dyan, notably the CW5354/5356/5358 routers.
  • @polka

thanks you! you're a lifesaver =)

didnt see the guide in pg1, but found others on vlan on the web.

created a new bridge and assigned the VLAN for the ethernet ports to it (wc were not assigned to anything by default)

everything is working now =)

ffup question:

is it advisable/ ok to have the ethernet ports and the wireless (eth1) bridged together? i think this was the default set-up in the old firmware.

or is it better to have them on separate vlan (w different ip ranges and subnet)
  • ^for typical home use, yes, that's the recommended setup, if the wireless is not bridge on LAN ports (which in case is eth0, eth0 is just the interface to the switch which is VLAN aware, so all LAN and WAN ports are paired to eth0, just vlan'ed) then you will having trouble of communicating with the connected devices on LAN ports, correct example for this is if you have a NAS connected on one the LAN ports in the router, if the wireless is not bridge to br0 then you will have issue communicating on that NAS.

For security concerns, you can just bridge your wireless interface to different network bridge (eg br1) and isolate it on separate subnet. But I find this not-typical for home use.
  • guys help po, bali gusto ko bumili ng ganitong router with tomato firmware need ko pang shop para no lag kahet may nag stream while nag llro ... ahmm. bali magkano po ung router.. medyo luma na ung model na to pero okay pa ba to? or meron mas bago si cdr king na okay din?? sana me mag reps agad asap. hehe TIA mga masterss.
  • Not sure if tama thread napuntahan ko, pero cw5358u wifi router ko.
    ganito po iniisip ko gawin

<click here for link>

yung diy cable ay usb cable ng hdd papuntang router.
    babalatan tapos mag-connect ng usb male sa white at green wire. pero yung red at black ay naka putol lang para no power supply from tv box to hdd.

ISDBT digital tvbox with record and media playback via usb port. hindi po ito android ha.

gagana kaya at safe sa HDD, tvbox at cw-5358u ?
    para bago po balatan wire, sure na gagana kaya tinanong ko po dito.

-- edited by ozi_zero on Feb 06 2017, 03:43 PM
  • @ozi_zero
    Hindi. obvious yung reason. kakagatin ka ng reason mo sa wiring palang.
  • nope thats not possible, since USB BUS cannot be shared between two hosts.

although meron akong tv na galing japan which is ISDB-T capable. Meron syang recording option, which can be saved over the network assuming that the channel is not encrypted (or so called the Copy Once or Copy Never protection). Of course I can also play all my media saved on my NAS since my TV is Android based Smart TV.

well anyway, if you want ISDB-T capability and also want to play some of your media saved on your NAS, get a STB that can do that, Ive seen some in alibaba offering android powered ISDB-T STB.

-- edited by polka on Feb 06 2017, 07:54 PM
  • @polka

thanks.
    wala po ko budget pang hybrid
    nagbaka sakali lng po baka pwede.
    abala kasi transferring.
  • tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-128-BT-VPN.trx

puwede ba ito sa cw-5356u natin 8.2mb kasi ang size nya
  • Does the RT-N18U have wider range or higher max transmit power than our CW-5358U?
  • nope, just a better router, wireless spec wise, similar performance with N16u but N18u has beefier CPU.
  • Question lang po

Bakit po hindi ko ma disable ung WAN 1 ng 5358u ko? pero ung WAN 2 pwede naman i disable.. pag ung WAN 1 na i didisable, ayaw mapindot ng SAVE button.. gagawin kopo kc ciang 2nd router na access point function.. wla po black space pra i type ung gateway.. pag nka enable ung WAN 1.. pa help name po
  • ^I assume youre using stock firmware, upgrading to shibby firmware will fix your issue.