Forum Topic

Official ASUS Wireless Thread - Updates, Questions, and Cool Stuff!

• @monsterbaker:

Hi, what do you mean by Failover mode? Haven't tested it personally, but the RT-AC87U has a dual-WAN option with one of its LAN ports convertible to that.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1005715/

Hope this helps.
  • With the world's first built-in game accelerator, widest-ever Wi-Fi coverage, and 8 Gigabit LAN ports plus total security, the RT-AC88U instantly takes your wireless network to the next level.

-- edited by AsusPH on Jan 29 2016, 09:56 AM
  • Here's a quick look at the RT-AC88U, made by Lorelyn!

• Is the RT-AC88U available yet? I can't seem to find in anywhere.
  • Still can't find stocks of rt-n18u
  • Is the RT-AC88U available yet? I can't seem to find in anywhere.

The RT-AC88U is not yet available in the country, but you can pick the RT-AC87U. It's got the bells and whistles, too.

Still can't find stocks of rt-n18u

There is currently limited supply for the RT-N18U. You can check out the RT-AC51U. It's got the newest AC connection and within the same price point.
  • There is currently limited supply for the RT-N18U. You can check out the RT-AC51U. It's got the newest AC connection and within the same price point.

I have two n66u already and i need a single band router that supports tomato firmware which the ac51u does not. And also does not have gigabit lan ports.

• The RT-AC88U is not yet available in the country, but you can pick the RT-AC87U. It's got the bells and whistles, too.

What exactly differentiates that one from the newer one? I'm considering getting AC87U if the new one doesn't come sooner.
  • What exactly differentiates that one from the newer one? I'm considering getting AC87U if the new one doesn't come sooner.

There are various tweaks and improvements made for the RT-AC88U, but main difference is the increased data rate and gaming features have been added to the RT-AC88U. You can check out a full comparison of specs and features in our website: <click here for link>
  • GLOCO Gaming? meets our speed monster! Check out how they got to meet the ASUS RT-AC88U!

Already have an ASUS Router?
    Download on Play Store: https://goo.gl/n9xeaZ
    Download on App Store: https://goo.gl/XyeeEW

• To celebrate the 10th anniversary for ROG, ten round-trips to Computex 2016 in Taiwan and 20 goodies bags full of exclusive ROG gear will be up for grabs! Time to get creative, we want to show our appreciation to our most loyal fans!

For more details on how to enter: http://goo.gl/GLzK6K

• Does anybody have a Asus RT AC52U router?

Is it good for downloading torrent stuff? I had a router of a different brand before, nag ha-hang sya dahil sa torrents ko.

I am currently using my very old and trusty WRT54G flashed with a DD WRT software.
  • well even my funky CDRKING 5356u router can handle torrents fine without crashing straight uptime to 3 months, this router is using a Tomato based firmware.

WRT54g only had 16mb RAM so yeah expect the expected, Asus current gen router today has a minimal RAM of 128MB I think..... based on N18u models while their higher tiers uses 256MB RAM, while the highest one is 512MB. To be honest you really dont need RAM higher than 128mb for home use (50 devices or less) but Asus did it anyway and I dont see anything bad with it.
  • thanks for the reply polka.

The router I previously had was a dlink one. It would crash after a few hours of torrent downloading.

So i guess these new routers can handle torrents na pala.

-- edited by m0jak0 on Apr 30 2016, 11:31 PM
  • Although hindi ako masyado trusted sa Asus routers in regards of security, strike 7 na yan sa AsusWRT nila enabling hackers access the router's cloud feature without even requiring to enter a users credential. Mas magada pa yung Merlin firmware (3rd party firmware based on AsusWRT) non-existent yung mga ganitong issue, dahil tinaggal na ni merlin yung mga vulnerable parts of AsusWRT firmware.

There's even a pending case dun sa america due to in-competitiveness ng asus to secure their routers. Talo pa sila ng tp-link to be honest.
  • Di ba available locally yung 4 port version ng AC88U which is RT-AC3100?
  • Hi mga sirs,

I'm trying to connect my router using VPN. Problem is after ko i-setup yung ddns may ganitong lumabas na indication:

The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address.
    This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment.

Kelangan ko ba i-bridge mode yung router ng isp para makuha niya yung Public WAN IP Address? Thanks.

OpenVPN and No-ip.com ddns pala yung vpn setup. thanks
  • @polka:

also had some concern with the security of their routers, pero I've already updated their firmware. The US issue was a long time ago pala. Parang binuhay lang ng US courts kahit naresolve na yung issue. People should update their firmwares from time to time kasi maragal na nasolve yung vulnerabilities.... Happy downloading thru ASUS routers! hahahaha!
  • Did you know that ?#?ASUS? received this year’s J.D. Power Award for the “Highest Customer Satisfaction with Wireless Router in the U.S.”? Thank you to everyone who supported us!
    For J.D. Power award information, visit JDPower.com:
    http://bit.ly/JDPowerAward-Router

• Complicated? Worry no more! With the #ASUS #RTN12HP, setup is a breeze. Simply power and connect the router and open a browser on a Wi-Fi-enabled device like a smart phone or tablet. You will then be taken to a setup page with a prompt to enter the ID/password from your internet provider, and that’s it! Setting up your network is easier than ever.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/RT-N12HP

• Mukhang mabilis din yung pag gapang niya :3

• Post deleted #11880759
  • ASUS Team:

When is this available in PHL?
    ROG Rapture Wireless-AC5300 tri-band

Thanks
    Kevin

-- edited by big2sexy2 on Mar 30 2017, 11:03 PM
  • Asus -
    Any new adsl modem router with download master?
  • DSL-AC68u, not for sale here in Philippines but you can easily buy one over amazon. Dont bother lazada, its fuc**ng overpriced even with free shipping.
  • parang gagamba mga Routers...
  • Guys, sino na ang nakapag setup ng VPN client with the RT-AC88U? As per the feature description:

VPN (Virtual Private Network) clients are often used to connect to a VPN server to access private resources securely over a public network.
    Some devices like set-top boxes, smart TVs and Blu-ray players do not support VPN software.
    The ASUSWRT VPN feature provides VPN access to all devices in a home network without having to install VPN software on each device.

Ibig sabihin ba nito e pag meron akong subscription let's say from VPNSecure.me, pwede ko gamitin sa router ko then lahat ng devices na mag coconnect sa router will be on VPN?
  • DId you guys join the Quiz that we had at our Republic of Gamers page? If you did, check if you are one of the chosen winners :)

<click here for link>
  • Product promotion thread pala ito, sorry.
  • meron n po b kayo router compatible s smart lte-a