• PC specs:

CPU: Core i7 6700k
    MOBO: Asus Maximus VIII Extreme
    GPU: Geforce GTX Titan X 12gb gddr5
    RAM: Corsair 32gb 2133mhz
    PSU: Corsair AX860i
    Cooling: Corsair H100i

Problem:

Whenever I boot, it has no display. Asus q_code is b2 which stuck at boot. Not sure if my PSU can't supply enough to my GPU or my GPU has defects?

Solutions I already tried:

1. Onboard - works via HDMI
    2. Clear bios and use only 1x8gb stick - did not work if video card installed
    3. Use another PSU (but lower watts 550), did not work either
    4. Remove CMOS - did not work too
    5. Reseat RAM, HDD/SDD, GPU, PSU cables - did not work also

PS: This pc is just brandnew and bought 4-5 months ago. The past issues I had before this is when I got auto-shutdown randomnly and sometimes it does not boot and have to reseat the RAM. Sometimes I got boot loop too but never often. I noticed one time I got power surge prompt from mobo on start up boot.

I notice too that GPU light on "GEFORCE GTX" fades away into no light at all when q_code error b2 prompt.

TIA!

-- edited by norbytess on Sep 20 2016, 10:52 PM
  • Looking at your PSU mukhang okay naman siya. 860i is more than enough. Could be your gpu.
  • Yeah pero napaka rare lang, first time na mangyari sa akin knowing brand new yung item. I'm starting to worry bka fake yung GPU? :crossfinger:
  • ^Have you tried another 6+8 pin connector? Assuming that your PSU has spare ones which you haven't used before/
  • @t3nma - good question.

I have no by default 8 pin connector. So what I did, I use an extension connector which requires 6+6 connector and output is 8 pins. While the other connector has 6 pins.

Photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxvC2ADO-pjeSU5TbWFMNjJSc0U/view?usp=sharing
  • ^It's a long shot pero that's what I noticed for my new gpu. It seems one 6 pin connector isn't providing enough juice. Kaso nga luma na yun PSU ko. Good thing my psu has spare 6 pin connectors so switching to another one solved the problem.
  • thanks for the response @t3nma. I'll try to replace the cable pin connector or play with it. My last option is to try my GPU into other PC that can handle the requirements.
  • I've experienced b2 error before. according to what I've read. That code indicates that bios is needed to update to support the video card but I think its not the same in your case since you're using a latest motherboard. But still you may try updating your bios. Wala namang mawawala eh. :)

-- edited by gameguard025 on Sep 20 2016, 11:58 PM
  • ^ yeah forgot to mention that, I already update my bios to latest. Thanks!
  • Updates:

I went to PCX shop today and have tested my GPU. Well it had same issue, no display the light on the gpu text went to no light at all. So I ended up to RMA. Now need to wait for a month or so for replacement. My goodness!
  • At least, you already know the problem and had it replaced agad :)
  • ^Malas lang, meron talagang lemons e di maiiwasan.