Forum Topic

Nvidia Ampere: GeForce RTX3000 Series (No Trading/No Mentioning of Sellers)

• excited ako sa 4000 series pero gusto ko muna makita real gaming performance and performance:watt ratio. Nag eenjoy pa naman ako sa 3080ti ftw3 ko na custom painted ng white sa y60 whaite case satified ako sa kinalabasan
  • Guess ko, brute force approach na naman ang Nvidia sa RTX 40-series kasi mukhang malakas yung RDNA3 kaya expecting the next gen cards to be power hungrier than the last gen but at the same time, malaki din ang generational performance jump. Perhaps one of the biggest jumps ever in the history of GPUs if the rumors are to be believed.
  • Perhaps one of the biggest jumps ever in the history of GPUs if the rumors are to be believed.

Disagree, if you compare consoles like ps5/series x who peaks 200W-210W TDP under full load and their last gen versions peaking 170W-180W but the performance gain is around 3x, that is what a more valid generational performance jump. Nvidia need to double check their performance/power ratio kasi di uubra sa ibang bansa yung energy consumption.

Example na lng sa US, ang normal outlet nila dun is 120V. Around 1800W ata daw yung per outlet kung yung setup nya nag coconsume around 1000W alone, big red flag na yun pra sa knila.

Let alone idle temps/consumption tataas din kaya ngaun palang sa mga leaks marame na nagcoconsider lumipat sa kbila na nag oofer na better performance/power ratio.

-- edited by clampzy on Jun 26 2022, 05:36 AM

• Disagree, if you compare consoles like ps5/series x who peaks 200W-210W TDP under full load and their last gen versions peaking 170W-180W but the performance gain is around 3x, that is what a more valid generational performance jump. Nvidia need to double check their performance/power ratio kasi di uubra sa ibang bansa yung energy consumption.

Example na lng sa US, ang normal outlet nila dun is 120V. Around 1800W ata daw yung per outlet kung yung setup nya nag coconsume around 1000W alone, big red flag na yun pra sa knila.

Let alone idle temps/consumption tataas din kaya ngaun palang sa mga leaks marame na nagcoconsider lumipat sa kbila na nag oofer na better performance/power ratio.

I get your views about power consumption but my post seems to need clarification.

I was referring to the rumors that point towards 2-3.5x gen on gen performance uplift for Lovelace and RDNA3 respectively hence, what I said.

But to I have to comment that consoles have benefit from greater generational jumps because the console cycle is about 7 years with all the cumulative architectural and process node advancements that the long cycle carries with it, whereas a new graphics card architectures tends to run in two year cycles so the progress is more incremental.

The rumors of 800-900W total board power limits for Lovelace seem to point towards the flagship/halo SKUs. Historically, while the power consumption of GPUs have been on the uptrend, it's the high-end to flagship halo enthusiast parts for the money is no object crowd who don't care as much about their electricity bills nor diminishing returns. Like I said, Nvidia will probably just bruteforce their way for the GPU crown since RDNA3 is looking strong but that doesn't mean AMD will just sit there doing nothing. Expect an ultra enthusiast watercooled clocked to the heavens Radeon RDNA3 in response. Power consumption will also be high but probably still lower than nvidias.

Idle power consumption has only increased a little bit gen on gen because with downclocking and powergating technology becoming common place for a while now. The architectures of CPUs and GPUs have been designed with low power states for idle or low utilization for a long time now.

Of course, as with every generation, performance and power will scale up and down with product segmentation so buy the SKU fits your requirements. As always, the lower the SKU, the better the perf-per-watt. For the rest of us, it will always come down to the value of the whole package. Price, performance, features, stability and software support. Good efficiency is just a bonus.

Again, at the end of the day, I'm really curious to look into the perf-per-watt of the entire RTX-40 series and last I checked, the next gen haven't been launched yet so the only things we can go with are the rumors or leaks published on the internet.
  • Excited with the upcoming 4000 Flagship and really hope it will be a nice upgrade to an RTX 3090Ti.