Forum Topic

The PC Audio Thread: Sound Cards, On-Board Audio, Speakers, Headsets: New Products and Reviews

• Boss pa suggest naman ng 2.1 speakers or bookshelf speakers na may optical output para sa tv ko, budget is 10k max, thanks.

By the way, pangit si logitech z623, pumuputok yung satellites nya kapag nasa 1 o' clock yung volume
    Tinipid ni logitech eh, yan ang ipinalit kay z2300... For me mas maganda z2300
  • @SnakeEyes416140 @sleepygeepy

Thanks for all the wonderful inputs mga sir. I'll take all of these into consideration. My bad, I'm sorry nasabi ko mini home theater. Nasanay lng kasi ako sa speaker sa TV namin home theater kasi yun samsung kaya parang gusto ko din ganun. Hindi kasi sya masyado maingay parang okay na okay tlga. As with the mkadistorbo sa kapitbahay, no worries po kasi nasa 2nd floor po ako at medjo nadidisperse na yung sound dito so hindi na masya naririnig sa baba ng mga kapitbahay. Pero hindi nman tlga dedicated na theater room, dito ko lng sa bedroom gagamitin, mahilig din kasi si wifer manuod ng movies so I think I decent speakers (or mini home theater would suffice, I mean you love your wifey so much you'd go for the higher quality hehehe).

but im just wondering you manage to spend so much on your computer components

Actually, the provincial price here for the entire rig was around 7-9k more than the standard prices in Manila. I was able to haggle at least 2.5k plus an 800php freebie item. All in all I was able to spend 81,700php. But this is not complete yet. I still have to complete my peripherals to maximize the best experience.

@fakuryu

Maraming salamat po tlga. Napakaganda ng suggested build nyo sir. By the end of the month matatapos ko na din ang peripherals (mouse - sana meron ng Logitech G900, Strafe RGB, at DXracer) plus the wooden table. I'll post some photos once everything is completed, all thanks to your expertise sir!

As for the gaming aspect, I think I'll just opt for a headset siguro, not sure yet but I'm not really input closed audio kasi gusto ko yung nasa background talaga kaya I prefer the speakers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, was browsing the net and I found this LG Music Flow and I think I'm interested because I can also use it for mobile functionality. Not sure though if this counts as a mini home theater or something near the likes of it. Do you guys have experience with this? What do you think? Need your expert advice.

If I'll buy this one I'm planning on hooking up another two speakers something like this:

<click here for link>

Note: I think I'd go for the P7 as the central speaker.

-- edited by pinoy_freelancer on May 19 2016, 09:16 AM

-- edited by pinoy_freelancer on May 19 2016, 09:20 AM
  • @ pinoy_freelancer

Very nice specs pala sa PC mo.

Actually, the provincial price here for the entire rig was around 7-9k more than the standard prices in Manila. I was able to haggle at least 2.5k plus an 800php freebie item. All in all I was able to spend 81,700php. But this is not complete yet. I still have to complete my peripherals to maximize the best experience.

Oks lang yan sir. Hehe I spend about the same amount of money (~83K) sa headphone system ko since prefer ko headphone listening naman.

Back to topic, IMO, maganda yung Edifier R2000DB as a mini home theater Parang LG Music flow sa features, bluetooth and remote (minus the app) but the Edifier offers more power and potentially better sound quality.
  • @pinoy...

pagdating sa sound quality, may kanya-kanya tayong listening preference, we can not acquire a speaker set that is good for everything and if so it will cost to much, a home theater means you have a 2 front speaker, 1 center, 2 rear surround speaker, atleast, and a subwoofer for that low frequency.

hinde naman ganun ka necessary na dapat may dedicated room ka for HT setup or masyadong metikuloso na kelangan maganda accoustic ng room mo and that will cost you much again if you will consider that.

enough na yan sa bedroom then lagyan mo ng 5.1 HT speakers na pasok sa budget mo. maliit lang bedroom ko nasa 3m x 4m then ang gamet ko ito...<click here for link>

its overkill for the size of my room, sarap manood ng movies and play PC war games.
  • pagdating sa sound quality, may kanya-kanya tayong listening preference, we can not acquire a speaker set that is good for everything and if so it will cost to much

It's 10x easier to obtain the sound good for everything sa headphone setup kaysa sa speaker setup sa experience ko. Kung meron lang akong 1M for a speaker setup, I would've gone that route instead of the headphone route. Yun nga lang walang heat pounding bass na mararamdaman sa headphonehehe.
  • Buyers Guide: The Best Speakers for Under $150 - $250

Recommendations are spot on...
  • It took a pair of KEF LS50 speakers + SVS sub to beat my lowly Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones but it was sooooo worth it. That led me to get rid of my head-fi rig to go pure near-field speakers for critical listening.
  • It took a pair of KEF LS50 speakers + SVS sub to beat my lowly Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones but it was sooooo worth it. That led me to get rid of my head-fi rig to go pure near-field speakers for critical listening.

between my 2-channel, head-fi, and near-field (PC) setups, I use my near-field most often too. hahaha! :D
  • @MrBungle
    It took a pair of KEF LS50 speakers + SVS sub to beat my lowly Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones but it was sooooo worth it. That led me to get rid of my head-fi rig to go pure near-field speakers for critical listening.

I eventually might go this route too. I have not been listening to my headphone setup for a long time now. Maybe due to the summer heat or maybe because I get tired easily from the headphone drivers constantly pressed on to my ears. Listening to speakers in an open area where you can move around unhindered is still an enjoyable experience for me. Shame though since I just upgraded my headphone amplifier recently *sigh*

This new horn based full range speaker from A-Audio is pretty interesting though...

I've always wanted to try great sounding bookshelf speakers paired with a tube amplifier. However not sure if the tube amplifier is practical or if it will heat up my work room too much hehe :-)
  • so I think this is pretty insulting to ask to audiophiles, pero any suggestions for a 1000PhP speakers for my PC? huehue
  • @lesmurf143

Creative SBS (A60) 2.0 - PHP470 is a surprisingly good sounding desktop speakers
  • @lesmurf...

there are plenty to choose from your specified budget, good luck c",?
  • mga sir may alam po b kaung fix for front audio port problem ?? nag k problem kc ung nzxt s340 razer case ko ung front audio port nia nagkaroon ng buzzing/high pitch noise na ndi humihinto although d gnun kalakas pag wlang sounds mririnig mo sya lalo na gamit ko is earphones may alam b kaung fix dun slamat

triny ko na ausin ung cables, i unplug ung usb port n ktabi nia ala pdin
  • @belphegor13
    mga sir may alam po b kaung fix for front audio port problem ?? nag k problem kc ung nzxt s340 razer case ko ung front audio port nia nagkaroon ng buzzing/high pitch noise na ndi humihinto although d gnun kalakas pag wlang sounds mririnig mo sya lalo na gamit ko is earphones may alam b kaung fix dun slamat

triny ko na ausin ung cables, i unplug ung usb port n ktabi nia ala pdin

Chances are naging grounded na yung headphone jack or may EMI interference caused by some other component. Could be yung fans, an overclocked CPU, or some other device. Medyo trial and error para malaman mo kung ano yung cause ng EMI interference at madami ka pa kakalikutin. Pero kung grounded ang jack then no choice but to disconnect it otherwise baka masira pa yung earphones mo.

Best suggestion ko is plug mo nalang yung earphones mo sa headphone jack at the rear panel of the motherboard. Usually mas malinis and with less EMI interference makukuha mo dun. Also mas makaka-iwas din sa grounded port dahi straight na siya connected to the motherboard. Yung disadvantage lang is kung maiksi yung cable ng earphones mo baka bitin sa length.

Invest ka nalang sir sa affordable external USB DAC para totally mawala na yung buzzing/high pitch noise :-)
  • Any recommendations for a headset that is sturdy and tough for an output of a recorder?

Need to record some music.
  • mga paps. bakit ang daming nagbebenta ng 2nd hand Turtle Beach x42 ngayon? anong meron sa x42 bat nila binebenta ng mura. hmm. mejo suspicious lang. baka may news kayo about x42 pa share naman. thanks.

-- edited by jeer1210 on May 28 2016, 01:38 PM
  • Mga audio gurus!

Plano ko mag set-up matino audio rig for PC use. Ano mga recommendation niyo siguro mga 10k budget.

Maganda ba A-Audio? Plano ko kasi mag King 5 BS. Kelangan din nun amplifier diba?

Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks :D
  • Mga audio gurus!

Plano ko mag set-up matino audio rig for PC use. Ano mga recommendation niyo siguro mga 10k budget.

Maganda ba A-Audio? Plano ko kasi mag King 5 BS. Kelangan din nun amplifier diba?

Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks :D

hanap ka ng 2nd hand na Audioengine A2. ;)
  • SABRE SOUND -
    ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC

Ok na po ba itong sound card ng ECS Gank Machine z97 mobo?

Or do I need a much better sound card?

Any recommendation?

Thanks and God Bless......
  • hanap ka ng 2nd hand na Audioengine A2. ;)

mas maganda ba audioengine kesa a-audio? How about swans m100mk2?

Thanks
  • @j_odin

Maganda naman ang A-Audio speakers pero kailangan mo ng amplifier. Ask mo si Sir Anthony ano yung pwede niya recommend na budget amplifier para sa King 5 bookshelf speakers.

Regarding Audioengine A2+ I feel na overpriced siya sa atin. Try mo muna audition before buying, pero siguro mas suggest ko na yung Swans HiVi as a better "bang for buck" speaker.
  • SABRE SOUND -
    ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC

Ok na po ba itong sound card ng ECS Gank Machine z97 mobo?

Or do I need a much better sound card?

Any recommendation?

Thanks and God Bless......

ESS SABRE is well known sound card / DAC in audiophile industry. That should sound better than Realtek onboard. You can improve the sound by changing opamps if the mobo allows for it.
  • Regarding Audioengine A2+ I feel na overpriced siya sa atin. Try mo muna audition before buying, pero siguro mas suggest ko na yung Swans HiVi as a better "bang for buck" speaker.

mas mahal talaga ang Audioengine A2+ kaysa sa original na A2. kaya used na A2 ang recommendation ko, kasi mahal na ang brand new A2+. :P
  • @sir majingotan thanks a lot po sir...
  • Maganda naman ang A-Audio speakers pero kailangan mo ng amplifier. Ask mo si Sir Anthony ano yung pwede niya recommend na budget amplifier para sa King 5 bookshelf speakers.

Wala bang active bookshelf speaker ang A-Audio? Ano ba problema sa active speaker design bukod sa umiinit yung body?

Gusto ko sana tangkilikin ang Pinoy product pero active speaker design ang hanap ko

Regarding Audioengine A2+ I feel na overpriced siya sa atin. Try mo muna audition before buying, pero siguro mas suggest ko na yung Swans HiVi as a better "bang for buck" speaker.

I have an Audioengine A2+. Got it as a free replacement for my Audioengine A2 which had torn suspension. I didn't crank up the volume to max. It happened twice in a year and they can't determine the cause. So, they replaced it for free.

As for the sound, I'm satisfied with the A2 and A2+ even if I love bass and a previous user of Edifier M3300SF. The bass is strong for its size but don't expect it to beat decent 2.1 speakers

I can't speak for its value for the money because it's the only 2.0 speaker I owned.

== == == ==

I just have a rant. It's about those stores who sell very expensive speakers and you can't test them. Staff will just tell you to check the specs

-- edited by bintsmok on May 30 2016, 08:52 PM
  • mga paps na gamers..

meron naba sa inyo naka tikim ng MSI DS 502 gaming headset? Konting insights naman jan oh. TIA. :)
  • Wala bang active bookshelf speaker ang A-Audio? Ano ba problema sa active speaker design bukod sa umiinit yung body?

meron. IIRC, A-Audio has bluetooth speakers and soundbars.
  • Hi anyone using steelseries H wireless or siberia 800>?? need to ask something po.. pls thanks.

• Thoughts? Ascending order yan from 850 ~ 1200 PhP.
    I like the looks of the Edifier (mainly because of the remote)
  • ask a noob question yung ecs gank machine z97 mobo may ess sabre sound pero bakit realtek lang nakikita ko sa sound nya at pati driver nya ay realtek lang?

Ano po ba tong ess sabre sound na to mga master?

Thanks a lot po...